PCB Community Rules
This list is subject to change without warning.
If you are confused by any of the rules listed, please ask a Senior Operator or Administrator for clarification, or post in the Support category
Rules in this section are enforced across all PCB services.
Griefing - PCB has a strict zero tolerance policy towards any form of griefing. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Editing any work which is not your own without prior consent
- Creating imagery which is likely to offend others (e.g.: a swastika)
- Impersonating a staff member (rank Mod or higher)
- Any other act performed with the intention of causing grief or distress to another user
Harassment - Do not harass other players. This includes (but may not be limited to):
- Racism, sexism, spam, rude/crude language, excessive swearing, and general disrespect to staff, or any other user
Chat & communication - Keep it PG-13 within reason
- Avoid overusing majuscules (caps) as they flood chat unnecessarily
- PCB exercise Freedom of Speech, but within limits and reason. PCB won’t usually punish users for swearing/cussing. However, excessive swearing is not allowed (as stated above)
- Racial slurs and/or downright disgusting vocabulary will receive swift punishment, as will images depicting pornography, drug use, firearms & munitions, sexual assault or murder.
- Racist or other offensive jokes are also not tolerated
- Pretending to be another player or the server is not tolerated
Advertising - Advertising is generally forbidden and will generally result in a ban
- Posting another server’s IP address with the active knowledge and/or intention of advertising it will result in a permanent ban of all PCB services
- Discussing another server and/or posting Youtube showcase videos of other servers is not advertising unless you include the IP with the sole intention of luring players away from our server
- Advertising of other products or services is also prohibited, and will result in a ban from all PCB services
Profiteering - You may not, under any circumstances, profit off of our services provided
- Donations will only ever be asked for on projectcitybuild.com. Any other website that claims to accept donations on behalf of PCB is a scam and should be reported to PCB immediately.
- Individuals caught profiting or attempting to profit via use of, or claiming to be a representative of PCB, will be permanently suspended from all PCB services
- PCB is an English speaking server. Players should only speak English in chat, and should have the capacity to understand staff instructions given in English - You may speak in another language if you prefer, using /msg but only to players you know are comfortable speaking in that language
- Español Project City Build es una comunidad de habla inglesa. Los jugadores sólo deben hablar en inglés en el chat y deben tener la capacidad de entender las instrucciones del personal dadas en inglés
- français Project City Build est une communauté parlant anglish. Les joueurs ne devraient parler qu’en anglais en chat et devraient avoir la capacité de comprendre les instructions du personnel fournies en anglais
- 中文 Project City Build 的主要语言是英语，大家都因该能够了解基本英语。请用英语更大家沟通。
- русский Project City Build англоговорящее сообщество. Игроки должны разговаривать только на английском языке в чате и иметь возможность понимать инструкции персонала, приведенные на английском языке.
- Nederlands Project City Build is een Engelssprekende server. Spelers dienen alleen in het Engels te praten, en dienen de instructies van het personeel in het Engels te begrijpen.
- العربية مشروع مدينة البناء هو مجتمع يتحدث الانجليزية. و يجب على اللاعبين التحدث باللغة الانجليزية في الدردشة فقط. و يجب ان يكون لديهم القدرة على فهم جميع تعليمات الموظفين باللغة الانجليزية
Rules in this section are specific to the main Minecraft server.
Redstone - Do not leave infinite redstone loops turned on
- You are still permitted to make infinite redstone loops, provided they can be turned off - This is to reduce load on the server, and create a better experience for everyone.
Build out of sight from spawn.
- Any area outside of server or world specific spawns are available to be built on, unless outlined in the ‘Building Guidelines’ section below.
In-game Money - Use of in-game money is not permitted in any world except Survival (e.g. No buying/selling)
Mods - Do not use any malicious mods. This includes (but may not be limited to):
- Client-side mods or hacks which give you an unfair advantage
- X-ray, schematica (auto build), creative block nuker, torch nuker, aimbots, any and all pre-made hacked clients (such as Nodus or Wurst)
- Before using a mod, check that it’s been approved by staff. If it has not, ask a senior staff member for approval.
- Approved Mods: https://forums.projectcitybuild.com/t/approved-mods
Unfair advantage - Do not use anything that give you an unfair advantage. This includes (but may not be limited to):
- Inventory exploits
- Creating or obtaining anything in single player or another server that you cannot create / obtain on Project City Build and bringing it to this server (including saved toolbars added in 1.12). E.g. items or blocks with NBT that can harm others, items or blocks with NBT that gives an advantage over others (speed, jumping, etc). If you find one of these items, let a staff member know to avoid any punishment. Failure to do so may result in a temp ban.
Nicknames - nicknames must be similar to your in-game name (IGN)
- Nicknames cannot be excessive in visible length (staff discretion applies).
- For Donators, or other players with coloured nickname permission, your nickname colour may not resemble that of a staff rank (colours that are associated with a staff rank) . If you are unsure then request approval from a staff member. You may use a mixture of staff and other colours
- Exceptions may be made if a player is more commonly known by another name
WorldEdit - Rules regarding World Edit privileges
- Staff are not required to perform World Edit tasks at your request and can refuse at any time.
- If W/E is required when dealing with another rule violation (e.g. Griefing), we will not refuse.
- Be courteous and respectful when requesting W/E.
- Be clear and concise, if you can fit your full request in your first message, you should.
- World Edit will not be used for flattening terrain; however, exemptions apply at staff discretion.
- Using W/E to create floating terrain is also considered flattening.
- Exemptions to this rule may apply to exceptionally large or complex projects:
- E.g. Hogwarts recreation, airport tarmac, oversized buildings.
- Approved flattened land MUST be terraformed and blended with the surrounding land within a reasonable amount of time.
- These projects SHOULD be built over/cut through relatively flat land where reasonable, to preserve the landscape.
- World Edit tasks that change or move many blocks (generally anything over 250,000 blocks incl. air) should be performed in broken up stages.
- Always consider the lag that a large W/E process can create in the server, particularly at busy times with many players online.
- If you believe a process you’re making will cause a lag spike, inform players online to avoid lag-related issues in survival and creative.
- Annoying and persistently asking staff to perform World Edit on your behalf will result in disciplinary action such as a temp-ban or risk being banned from receiving W/E help from staff.
Trusted+ players must not use their World Edit privileges to help other players. They have earned this privilege though time and commitment to PCB’s values and is for personal use.
- If you require W/E, do not ask a Trusted+, ask a staff member.
- Using /tp and /tppos (and /tpo if not for staff matters) to teleport to a player without their permission is prohibited.
- If you aren’t sure whether the player wants to be teleported to, always ask, to avoid problems.
- Abuse of this rule can result in restricted access to teleporting commands.
Rules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Survival World.
Flying - Flying is not permitted for anyone, except staff when completing their duties (e.g. examining grief).
- Anyone found flying in the survival world will face a minimum punishment of a 2 week temp-ban
Secure your items - Only locked items are insured (chests, dispeners, etc.)
- Use the LWC plugin to protect your chests. Staff will not reimburse the contents of unprotected chests which are looted
- Items will only be reimbursed in the rare event of a server-side glitch
- Please note that looting from chests etc. is not permitted - this falls under griefing
- Entities are not insured, as they are not traceable, so keep entities secure
XP farms - Generally allowed, however, the exceptions below apply
- Enderman XP Grinders are banned - do not use or create these grinders
WorldEdit - Not allowed in survival
- WorldEdit will not be used in Survival under any circumstances
Warps - There will be no warps granted in survival. You must find another method of transport. Use your legs, use a boat, mine-cart or ride a horse.
Leaving a town - In the event that a resident or residents leave a town, their buildings remain the property of the town owner. However, the contents of the house (e.g. items, chests etc) remain the property of the resident. Valuables created or mined by a resident, such as beacons, also remain the property of the resident even if placed in a communal area of the town.
Do not use ANY teleportation commands to enter the survival world with the exception of /bed and /warp sspawn. You cannot teleport from creative to a player.
Using any teleport commands other than /bed and /warp sspawn is prohibited in survival
Staff are permitted to return to their original location in survival if they are required elsewhere for their duties.
Rules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Creative world.
Entities - Do not spam (or place excessive amounts of) entities
- Entities include (but may not be limited to): mobs, minecarts (all varieties), item frames, armour stands, player heads and banners
Warps - For a detailed list of warp requirements please read the Creative Warp Rules
Big City World
Rules in this section are specific to the Minecraft BigCity world.
Seek permission from a Senior Operator or Administrator before building in Big City
Style - When building, please keep to the theme of a modern city.
- Exceptions can be made for older architecture
Floor/Ceiling clearance - Floors must have a minimum headroom of 3 blocks on upper levels, and 5 blocks on the bottom 2-3 levels.
Footpath - Build right up to the pavement/footpath/sidewalk.
- If your build doesn’t reach the footpath, extend the footpath to meet your build, or ask a member of staff to move your build closer.
Roads - Please avoid editing the large roads.
- Small roads may be edited to suit your building, but the large ones must remain as they are
Buildings - Please understand that buildings within Big City may be moved or removed if they obstruct other plans, don’t fit with the theme, if they are not deemed to be of a high enough standard.
- Staff reserve the right to alter, move, or remove your contributions without reason, but will only remove contributions in extreme cases.
City limits - No building outside the city limits without explicit permission from a Senior Operator or Administrator
Copying builds - Staff reserve the right to copy any builds from any world into Big City for use in the world (credit will be given where applicable)
Rules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Maps world.
- Map Signs - The maps world is to be used exclusively for making map signs for use on PCB.
- Any use of the Maps world, including the creation of maps at the map bank must be approved by a Senior Operator or Administrator.
Staff (Development/Dev) World
Rules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Staff world.
- Staff world (Dev) - The Staff world is not a public world . Use of the Staff world is restricted to staff of PCB who are carrying out official community work such as projects or plugin testing.
The following are rules to be followed when building.
Permission to build - Do not build in towns without permission.
- This rule still stands if the owner of the town has been banned or is inactive - Please speak to a Senior Operator or Administrator if you would like to take over management of the town of a banned or inactive player
Don’t build too close - Build towns a reasonable distance from each other.
- A ‘reasonable distance’ is generally out of sight from each other at a 16 chunk render distance - Around 200 blocks
- Exceptions may be made where 2 towns have started this distance apart and grown towards each other.
- Staff reserve the right to intervene and decide on a border where 2 town owners cannot agree on a border
Exercise common sense
- This means, for example, don’t build your survival base next to another player’s base without first asking
Wars, disputes and land claiming - Please reference this thread for rules regarding wars/disputes and claiming
Projects/builds must be considered abandoned before they can be claimed by another party.
- A project can be considered abandoned if: the owner has been continuously inactive for atleast 3 months, the owner has been banned from PCB for atleast 3 months.
- The player who gets control of an abandoned project is usually who asks, however in the event of disputes, staff intervention will decide who gets the land/project and why.
Feed The Beast (FTB) Rules
Rules in this section are specific to the Feed the Beast (FTB) server.
Stealing - Do not steal/borrow anything without permission
- This includes taking ‘just a bit’ of stone from someone’s 8.2million stockpile
Do not plant Sacred Rubber Tree Saplings
- If you do this, you will not only be banned from FTB, but the main server too
Blacklisted Items - Do not use any blacklisted items
- Sacred Rubber Tree Sapling
- Currently no more in this pack. Watch this space as more may be added in the future.
Taint Biomes - Try to avoid living near Taint biomes
- In case you didn’t know, Taint spreads and will take over the world if you let it.
- Do not abuse any bugs.
- Please report any bugs/issues to either Crass or Fatso.
- Do not claim an excessive number of chunks.
- Do not claim chunks near someone else’s area without permission.
- Do not claim chunks that another player is obviously using.
- Generated structures can look like player builds. Be sure it is naturally generated and not lived in before claiming any structure.
Website & Forum Rules
Rules in this section are specific to the website.
Forum Spam - No spamming
- Under no circumstances are you allowed to create multiple threads or posts for the sole intention of increasing post count, or saturating the forums with irrelevant threads/posts
- Be considerate of double posting. If replying to multiple posts, making more than one post at a time is permitted. If you are just adding additional information, consider editing your previous post.
Necroposting - Do not ‘necro’ old threads.
- To ‘necro’ a thread is to post in an old thread which is no longer relevant - Generally if no-one has posted in over 2 weeks
Rules that don’t fit into any other category, but should still be followed.
Kicks and Bans - If you get kicked or banned, it was for a reason. Don’t try to bypass your ban
- Refer to this thread for further information
Ask a staff member before streaming or recording, and make sure people on the server are aware.
Rules in this section are specific to staff members.
Discretion - Staff should use their power of discretion appropriately when moderating community services
Kicking & banning - Staff are to provide reasons for any kick or ban
- Bans should come with a brief description and direct users to the forums to appeal if they wish to do so
PCB reserves the right to ban or kick a player from any or all services, mute a player, or punish a player on our services in any other way seen fit by staff regardless of whether any of the above rules have been broken, although staff will do their utmost to explain our reasoning for any punishments given.
26th of August 2019 - Wairoa
- Removed rule 8. from general (banning anti-afk devices in PCB) as it was not useful.
24th of August 2019 - Emfitty & TheOctopus
- Added rule explicitly stating impersonating people is banned
- More formatting fixes
23rd of August 2019 - TheOctopus
- Changed formatting for new table of contents
13th of August 2019 - Mannriah
- Added navigable Table of Contents to make it easier for people to find what they’re looking for.
8th of August 2019 - Wairoa
- Added rule 7. In survival world rules section, regarding teleporting into the map illegally.
29th of July 2019 - Mannriah
- Reversed order of change log, so that the most recent changes are at the top.
- Updated Survival rules for 1.14 - Removed link to pre-1.14 Survival warp requirements as they are no longer needed.
4th of July 2019 - Ouhai_Ruby
- Updated FTB Server Rules for the new mod-pack.
4th of July 2019 - Mannriah
- Added Survival Rule 6. (Details about what happens when players leave a town).
4th of February 2019 - Wairoa
- Re-wrote General Rule 7. with clearer language and a few more examples.
14th of January 2019 - Mannriah
- Added mentions of Trusted+, bold’d all mentions of ranks for clarity.
7th of January 2019 - Mannriah
- Clarified rules around W/E - specifically, flattening of terrain.
3rd of January 2019 - Emfitty
- Added links to the Survival and Creative warp Rules.
16th of July 2018 - Penguina
- Added more specific rules for hot-bar items.
4th of July 2018 - Mannriah
- Added rules specific to the Maps, Arcade Worlds and amended the term “map” to “world” when referring to a multiverse world (e.g. Creative, Survival).
29th of June 2018 - Mannriah
- Amended various minor errors (spelling and grammar) - Also removed first person references such as “We” or “Us” and replaced them with “Staff” or “PCB”.
26th of June 2018 - TheOctopus
- Modified rule 4. under “GENERAL RULES” - Added link to approved mod list.
7th of June 2018 - Wairoa
- Added rule 5. under “BUILD GUIDELINES” --> Clarifies the policy regarding claiming abandoned projects.
29th of May 2018 - TheOctopus
- Changed rule 1. under “WEBSITE & FORUM RULES” - Relaxed ban on double posting.
26th of May 2018 - Wairoa
- Added rule 8. under the “MINECRAFT - GENERAL RULES” section --> Added rule 8. covering anti-afk aparatus in lieu of afk-kicking being re-activated.
30th of January 2018 - Wairoa
- Modified rule 4. under the “GENERAL” section. - Removed “Malicious”, since apparently it’s a source of confusion.
29th of January 2018 - Mannriah
- Modified rule 4. under the “GENERAL” section. - Mentioning Saved Toolbars added in 1.12
20th of January 2018 - Wairoa
- Added rule 2. under the “MISCELLANEOUS” section.
26th of November 2017 - MrFerf
- Linked wars/claiming announcement post under the “BUILD GUIDELINES” section
- Fixed formatting errors caused by the update.