PCB Community RulesThis list is subject to change without warning.
General RulesRules in this section are enforced across all PCB services.
- Griefing - PCB has a strict zero tolerance policy towards any form of griefing. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Editing any work which is not your own without prior consent
- Creating imagery which is likely to offend others (e.g.: a swastika)
- Impersonating a staff member (rank Mod or higher)
- Any other act performed with the intention of causing grief or distress to another user
- Harassment - Do not harass other players. This includes (but may not be limited to):
- Racism, sexism, spam, rude/crude language, excessive swearing, and general disrespect to staff, or any other user
- Chat & communication - Keep it PG-13 within reason
- Avoid overusing majuscules (caps) as they flood chat unnecessarily
- PCB exercise Freedom of Speech, but within limits and reason. PCB won’t usually punish users for swearing/cussing. However, excessive swearing is not allowed (as stated above)
- Racial slurs and/or downright disgusting vocabulary will receive swift punishment, as will images depicting pornography, drug use, firearms & munitions, sexual assault or murder.
- Racist or other offensive jokes are also not tolerated
- Advertising - Advertising is generally forbidden and will generally result in a ban
- Posting another server’s IP address with the active knowledge and/or intention of advertising it will result in a permanent ban of all PCB services
- Discussing another server and/or posting Youtube showcase videos of other servers is not advertising unless you include the IP with the sole intention of luring players away from our server
- Advertising of other products or services is also prohibited, and will result in a ban from all PCB services
- Profiteering - You may not, under any circumstances, profit off of our services provided
- Donations will only ever be asked for on projectcitybuild.com. Any other website that claims to accept donations on behalf of PCB is a scam and should be reported to PCB immediately.
- Individuals caught profiting or attempting to profit via use of, or claiming to be a representative of PCB, will be permanently suspended from all PCB services
- Language Notice
- PCB is an English speaking server. Players should only speak English in chat, and should have the capacity to understand staff instructions given in English - You may speak in another language if you prefer, using /msg but only to players you know are comfortable speaking in that language
- Español Project City Build es una comunidad de habla inglesa. Los jugadores sólo deben hablar en inglés en el chat y deben tener la capacidad de entender las instrucciones del personal dadas en inglés
- français Project City Build est une communauté parlant anglish. Les joueurs ne devraient parler qu’en anglais en chat et devraient avoir la capacité de comprendre les instructions du personnel fournies en anglais
- 中文 Project City Build 的主要语言是英语，大家都因该能够了解基本英语。请用英语更大家沟通。
- русский Project City Build англоговорящее сообщество. Игроки должны разговаривать только на английском языке в чате и иметь возможность понимать инструкции персонала, приведенные на английском языке.
- Nederlands Project City Build is een Engelssprekende server. Spelers dienen alleen in het Engels te praten, en dienen de instructies van het personeel in het Engels te begrijpen.
- العربية مشروع مدينة البناء هو مجتمع يتحدث الانجليزية. و يجب على اللاعبين التحدث باللغة الانجليزية في الدردشة فقط. و يجب ان يكون لديهم القدرة على فهم جميع تعليمات الموظفين باللغة الانجليزية
Minecraft - General RulesRules in this section are specific to the main Minecraft server.
- Redstone - Do not leave infinite redstone loops turned on
- You are still permitted to make infinite redstone loops, provided they can be turned off - This is to reduce load on the server, and create a better experience for everyone.
- Build out of sight from spawn.
- Any area outside of server or world specific spawns are available to be built on, unless outlined in the ‘Building Guidelines’ section below.
In-game Money - Use of in-game money is not permitted in any world except Survival (e.g. No buying/selling)
Mods - Do not use any malicious mods. This includes (but may not be limited to):
- Client-side mods or hacks which give you an unfair advantage
- X-ray, schematica (auto build), creative block nuker, torch nuker, aimbots, any and all pre-made hacked clients (such as Nodus or Wurst)
- Before using a mod, check that it’s been approved by staff. If it has not, ask a senior staff member for approval.
- Unfair advantage - Do not use anything that give you an unfair advantage. This includes (but may not be limited to):
- Inventory exploits
- Creating or obtaining anything in single player or another server that you cannot create / obtain on Project City Build and bringing it to this server (including saved toolbars added in 1.12). E.g. items or blocks with NBT that can harm others, items or blocks with NBT that gives an advantage over others (speed, jumping, etc). If you find one of these items, let a staff member know to avoid any punishment. Failure to do so may result in a temp ban.
- Nicknames - nicknames must be similar to your in-game name (IGN)
Nicknames cannot be excessive in visible length (staff discretion applies).
For Donators, or other players with coloured nickname permission, your nickname colour may not resemble that of a staff rank (colours that are associated with a staff rank) . If you are unsure then request approval from a staff member. You may use a mixture of staff and other colours
Exceptions may be made if a player is more commonly known by another name
- WorldEdit - Staff are not your World Edit (W/E) slaves
- Staff are under no obligation to perform W/E tasks for you - They can if they would like, but it is up to them
- W/E will not be used for flattening terrain
- Pestering staff for W/E after it has been refused will result in a 2 day temp-ban
Tools to prevent players going into AFK are prohibited (e.g. Anti-AFK Pools, etc)
Using /tp and /tppos (and /tpo if not for staff matters) to teleport to a player without their permission is prohibited.
- If you aren’t sure whether the player wants to be teleported to, always ask, to avoid problems.
- Abuse of this rule can result in restricted access to teleporting commands.
Minecraft - Survival World RulesRules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Survival World.
- Flying - Flying is for players ranked trusted and above only
- Any member or guest found flying in the survival World will face a minimum punishment of a 2 week temp-ban
- Secure your items - Only locked items are insured (chests, dispeners, etc.)
- In other words, use the lwc plugin to protect your chests. Staff will not reimburse the contents of unprotected chests which are looted
- Items will only be reimbursed in the rare event of a server-side glitch
- Please note that looting from chests etc. is not permitted - this falls under griefing
- Entities are not insured, as they are not traceable, so keep entities secure
- XP farms - Generally allowed, however, the exceptions below apply
- Enderman XP Grinders are banned - do not use or create these grinders
- WorldEdit - Not allowed in survival
- WorldEdit will not be used in Survival under any circumstances
Minecraft - Market World RulesRules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Market world.
One shop per person
Exterior - You must not build outside the shop, unless to do signage
Floor & Ceiling - You can change the colours/materials of the floors and ceiling
Build it or lose it - If you do not develop your plot within a week of claiming it, the shop will be removed
Stock - Keep your shops stocked
- Out of stock shops can get removed just like undeveloped shops
- Shop Size - Do not extend the size of your shop
- Do not build an extension out the back, or build overhanging ceilings exceeding 2 blocks along the front of your shop
- Selling/Buying shops - You are not allowed to sell your shop for items or money, shop buying and selling is maintained by the Senior Operators & Administrators
Minecraft - Creative World RulesRules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Creative world.
- Entities - Do not spam (or place excessive amounts of) entities
- Entities include (but may not be limited to): mobs, minecarts (all varieties), item frames, armour stands, player heads and banners
Minecraft - Big City World RulesRules in this section are specific to the Minecraft BigCity world.
Seek permission from a Senior Operator or Administrator before building in Big City
Style - When building, please keep to the theme of a modern city.
- Exceptions can be made for older architecture
Floor/Ceiling clearance - Floors must have a minimum headroom of 3 blocks on upper levels, and 5 blocks on the bottom 2-3 levels.
Footpath - Build right up to the pavement/footpath/sidewalk.
- If your build doesn’t reach the footpath, extend the footpath to meet your build, or ask a member of staff to move your build closer.
- Roads - Please avoid editing the large roads.
- Small roads may be edited to suit your building, but the large ones must remain as they are
- Buildings - Please understand that buildings within Big City may be moved or removed if they obstruct other plans, don’t fit with the theme, if they are not deemed to be of a high enough standard.
- Staff reserve the right to alter, move, or remove your contributions without reason, but will only remove contributions in extreme cases.
City limits - No building outside the city limits without explicit permission from a Senior Operator or Administrator
Copying builds - Staff reserve the right to copy any builds from any world into Big City for use in the world (credit will be given where applicable)
Minecraft - Arcade World RulesRules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Arcade world.
Pixel - Do not build outside the designated open quadrants. Building in a closed quadrant or outside the /warp Pixel limits may result in disciplinary action.
PVP Arena - Please refer to the rules at the PVP Arena warp
Elytra - Please refer to the rules at the Elytra warp
Board Games - Please refer to the rules at the individual Board Game
Redstone Playground - Please refer to the rules at the Redstone Playground warp
Spleef - Please refer to the rules at the Spleef warp
Parkour -Please refer to the rules at the Parkour warp
Mob Gauntlet - Please refer to the rules at the Mob Gauntlet warp
Minecraft - Maps World RulesRules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Maps world.
- Map Signs - The maps world is to be used exclusively for making map signs for use on PCB.
- Any use of the Maps world, including the creation of maps at the map bank must be approved by a Senior Operator or Administrator.
Minecraft - Staff (Development/Dev) World RulesRules in this section are specific to the Minecraft Staff world.
- Staff world (Dev) - The Staff world is not a public world . Use of the Staff world is restricted to staff of PCB who are carrying out official community work such as projects or plugin testing.
Building GuidelinesThe following are rules to be followed when building.
- Permission to build - Do not build in towns without permission.
- This rule still stands if the owner of the town has been banned or is inactive - Please speak to a Senior Operator or Administrator if you would like to take over management of the town of a banned or inactive player
- Don’t build too close - Build towns a reasonable distance from each other.
- A ‘reasonable distance’ is generally out of sight from each other at a 16 chunk render distance - Around 200 blocks
- Exceptions may be made where 2 towns have started this distance apart and grown towards each other.
- Staff reserve the right to intervene and decide on a border where 2 town owners cannot agree on a border
Exercise common sense
·This means, for example, don’t build your survival base next to another player’s base without first asking
Wars, disputes and land claiming - Please reference this thread for rules regarding wars/disputes and claiming
Projects/builds must be considered abandoned before they can be claimed by another party.
·A project can be considered abandoned if: the owner has been continuously inactive for atleast 3 months, the owner has been banned from PCB for atleast 3 months.
·The player who gets control of an abandoned project is usually who asks, however in the event of disputes, staff intervention will decide who gets the land/project and why.
- If you are confused by any of the rules listed, please ask a Senior Operator or Administrator for clarification, or post in the Support category
Feed The Beast (FTB) RulesRules in this section are specific to the Feed the Beast (FTB) server.
- Stealing - Do not steal/borrow anything without permission
- This includes taking ‘just a bit’ of stone from someone’s 8.2million stockpile
- Do not plant Sacred Rubber Tree Saplings
- If you do this, you will not only be banned from FTB, but the main server too
Blacklisted Items - Do not use any blacklisted items
Taint Biomes - Try to avoid living near Taint biomes
·In case you didn’t know, Taint spreads and will take over the world if you let it.
Bugs - Please report any bugs/issues to either Crass, Sacred, or Kyle.
Website & Forum RulesRules in this section are specific to the website.
- Forum Spam - No spamming
- Under no circumstances are you allowed to create multiple threads or posts for the sole intention of increasing post count, or saturating the forums with irrelevant threads/posts
- Be considerate of double posting. If replying to multiple posts, making more than one post at a time is permitted. If you are just adding additional information, consider editing your previous post.
- Necroposting - Do not ‘necro’ old threads.
- To ‘necro’ a thread is to post in an old thread which is no longer relevant - Generally if no-one has posted in over 2 weeks
Miscellaneous RulesRules that don't fit into any other category, but should still be followed.
- Kicks and Bans - If you get kicked or banned, it was for a reason. Don’t try to bypass your ban
- Refer to this thread for further information
- Ask a staff member before streaming or recording, and make sure people on the server are aware.
Staff RulesRules in this section are specific to staff members.
Discretion - Staff should use their power of discretion appropriately when moderating community services
Kicking & banning - Staff are to provide reasons for any kick or ban
- Bans should come with a brief description and direct users to the forums to appeal if they wish to do so