Straight Pride (Re: Gay pride threads)

Cliche warning: Everyone makes mistakes and I make tons. I realize I'm not the best Christian out there. I am not a 100% Jesus freak. I still have very much faith in God. But I like where you have gone. If there was no gay pride. This thread wouldn't exist! But it does and that's their fault.

Lets see How much down-votes I get for saying the truth!

I also dislike the way gay pride parades have turned into some sort of Carnival marches with half-naked men drenched in beer and dancing in the streets, but that doesn’t make me hate on homosexual people, and I still couldn’t care less about what they or anyone else do in their bedroom. So I still think the hatred you have of homosexuality is not only based on your religious views.

I’m talking about the gays trying to get attention from it.

Please explain, as I really have no idea how you have come to this conclusion.

Not trying to be a dick her, I’m genuinely confused.

Like I just said: They are trying to get attention for being gay from all these “Gay Pride” threads, parades etc… If they didn’t do this it wouldn’t be much of a deal. They could have just acknowledged that they gained rights for marriage and not potentially brag about it.

They brag as homophobic people have been pretty abusive to them in the past. They’re not bragging, they’re celebrating.

The reason for the past gay pride parades, as I stated, was to draw attention to it, gain support to eventually try and make a change. Clearly, they succeeded as gay marriage is now legal.

You’re entitled to your opinion. With a lot of it you’re wrong, or uninformed, but you’re entitled to believe it if you wish.

I guess we all have out opinions, and some of them are wrong.

Mainly yours are wrong.

However, that is your opinion!

By the tone in which people respond to you and the12 downvotes (most I’ve ever seen on a post), I have come to the conclusion that most people agree with me.

It’s his opinion but it is very well backed up throughout this thread. The majority of the points you have raised have been countered. Example: Homosexuality is a choice. That is your opinion, and it has been scientifically proven to be wrong. Ergo, your opinion is wrong.

Indeed they do. But I can not stop that. In this situation we are all probably biased.

Most of us aren’t though, that’s the thing!

I am straight. Both of my parents are straight. No one in my entire family (as far as I’m aware) is gay. So, going with the biased thing, you’d expect me to be saying that being straight is normal as it is what I have come across the most.

I’ve been brought up being taught that the correct thing to do is to love someone of the opposite sex (To clarify, that hasn’t been forced upon me. I mean through sex ed in school etc, homosexuality was never mentioned. Stuff like that.). For me, this has held true, but I also realise and have formed my own belief that people can do whatever they like. They can’t control it, only control whether to express it or not.

The point is, logically I should be biased towards believing being gay is wrong. Surely I should believe that as it’s what I’ve been exposed to the most. It’s the most “normal”, by the most basic definition of the word. But no, I believe in gay rights.

Once again I stand corrected. The word “Probably” in my post doesn’t exactly mean it’s a fact that everyone is biased.

In which case, you should be more careful not to make sweeping generalisations. It seems that has been the main problem in this thread.

Advice acknowledged. I see my mistake. I shall do my best to not make it again.

NOTE: I haven’t posted on these forums in months… but what a great thread to come back to…

Straight people (in general) do not feel the need to have straight pride.
Straight Pride should NOT BE A THING.
Why?
Because

1. they have better things to do and think about
  2. its a fucking ridiculous idea
  3. Straight people have not had to fight for their rights. People of the LGBT+ community have had to live through shit that people like you give them.

We (as in “gays”) have pride because in the past we have been forced to go through a process of loss of pride.

Straight children don’t have to hide who they really are from their friends and family out of fear of ridicule or the fear of getting beaten up at school.

Your opinion that Gays choose to be homosexual as a sin is… wrong man lol

In the opening post you say that you hate gay people for what they do, but not the actual people.
That is like saying I don’t hate black people, I just hate that they are black.

That’s not cool bro.

That’s kind of a cute little hint for you, buddy ^-^
I hope you have a nice day.

If straight pride shouldn’t be a thing , gay pride shouldn’t either. That is what this whole thread is about.
Gays could have just accepted that they gained rights. (que sarcastic voice) But they just haaad to do more.

I understand. Fine you can have your option mini. I mean ok gays show their pride ok you can show your straight pride. But the way you said it is pretty offensive. I will most likely never talk to you again because of this.

“If straight pride shouldn’t be a thing , gay pride shouldn’t either. That is what this whole thread is about.
Gays could have just accepted that they gained rights. (que sarcastic voice) But they just haaad to do more.”

I would advise you to re-read the first part of my reply.
Most specifically, point number 3.

We never really talked in the first place. So I don’t exactly care much. Wow that sounds more rude than it is.