Straight Pride (Re: Gay pride threads)

Hey! So I have seen several “Gay pride” threads. I have been thinking and thinking about this and wondering to myself, “Why don’t straight people do the same?” So I found out lots of people do in response to the gays.

Me being straight myself, am against being gay. (Please note) I do in fact know people that are gay, I don’t necessarily hate them, I just hate what they do. Becoming more and more popular now, and gaining much attention from it, the gays have been making great nuisance to those of us who are straight. Now that the gays have gained rights, it seems many people now despise Christians because they are very much against it. Why don’t we straights stand up and act the same as the gays and attempt to get attention from our sexuality? Lets see how the results go!

Spoiler

Much have been highly criticized for posting similar things, so time to watch the down-votes roll in!

Let me be the one who surgically picks apart your feelings.

1: Why do you hate the act of being gay?
2: Why are you of the position that all Christians are very much against homosexuality?
3: What did you possibly hope to achieve by putting “let the downvotes roll in”?
4: Seriously, are you trolling for reactions?

M8, I’m straight and have no problem with gay pride etc.

If any gay, lesbian, or other people of different sexualities other than straight are reading this, please understand:

We’re not all like this.

My response to that would actually be in your post

It’s not that they gained more rights than straight people, it’s that they’ve been granted the basic right that should have been given to all. You’re making the issue seem different than it is.

How 'bout we just leave everyone the fuck alone? :slight_smile:

Me being straight myself, am against being gay. (Please note) I do in fact know people that are gay, I don't necessarily hate them, I just hate what they do. Becoming more and more popular now, and gaining much attention from it, the gays have been making great nuisance to those of us who are straight. Now that the gays have gained rights, it seems many people now despise Christians because they are very much against it. Why don't we straights stand up and act the same as the gays and attempt to get attention from our sexuality? Lets see how the results go!

Being gay hasn’t “become more popular” at all. I imagine the same amount of people have always been gay, but now more people are comfortable actually admitting it as it’s more acceptable now. As mentioned above, they’ve been given the same basic rights that any human being should have.

The only reason they’ve needed to “gain attention” as you put it, is because of the amount of prejudice from some particularly ignorant parties, treating them absolutely appallingly.

This falls under the same category as racism as far as I’m concerned. Saying “I don’t hate them, I hate what they do” is pretty much the same as saying “I don’t hate them, I just hate the fact that they’re black”. You don’t choose to be gay, in the same way you don’t choose to be black.

People deserve equality. Even now gay marriage is legal, they still don’t have equality as some people will continue to treat them differently. Straight people have always had an easier time than gays, with more rights etc, hence why they haven’t had to have “straight pride” or whatever. There is no reason they should get more attention. Really, it’s homophobic straight people that have caused the problem in the first place meaning gays have had to create a fuss to get anything done about getting equality.

I’m straight. I personally couldn’t be attracted to another guy, so it may seem odd seeing 2 dudes kiss or whatever, but, it doesn’t bother me, nor should it bother anyone else.

Of course, freedom of speech and all that, but I think this is silly. We don’t have straight pride for the same reason we don’t have a white history month - we’ve had all the attention and normality the rest of the time.

You’re acting as though heterosexuality is a persecuted minority…

Personally I think it is very wrong. And so do many others. Our body’s were not made to do the stuff they do. This is a bit cliche but if everyone became gay the human race would no longer exist very long.

Being Christian myself, I realize that it is extremely wrong (As I said before) At that I am very much against it.

I didn’t really hope to achieve anything, as it’s already happening, My prediction was right! And as I also said in the original post. People who post stuff like this are highly criticized!

No I am not trolling. I am simply doing exactly what the gays are doing, but for the straights!

I see your point. I could see that people are just showing it more now that it is legalized. “They have been given basic rights that any human being should have.” I believe this could be thought as an opinion.

Honestly I am stumped on how to respond to that.

[/quote]

I see your point. I could see that people are just showing it more now that it is legalized. “They have been given basic rights that any human being should have.” I believe this could be thought as an opinion.

I strongly disagree. People have a choice to be gay or not. The way they are raised could change what they think but they still have a choice!

as I said, I’m doing the same thing the gays are doing.

That is your opinion.

Once again I see where you are going. Yes the gays may be doing this because of prejudiceness but now straights that are against gays are being criticized the same way because now they are against gays.

Sorry for the double post! So many posts rolling in it’s hard to respond quick enough.

I understand. I shall reword and say that us straights who ARE against it.

As I said, people who post stuff like this will be highly criticized

I never said they gained more rights…

Not everyone is becoming gay. From what I’ve heard it’s no more than 5-6% of the population. Like Liam said, people now just have the confidence to come out as gay.

No I am not trolling. I am simply doing exactly what the gays are doing, but for the straights!
I'm straight and I really do not think you are doing this for me, and would appreciate if you didn't claim to be.
I see your point. I could see that people are just showing it more now that it is legalized. "They have been given basic rights that any human being should have." I believe this could be thought as an opinion.
This is not an opinion, it is a fact. They did not have the right to marry before, and now they do. Ergo, they did not have that basic human right, and now they do.
I strongly disagree. People have a choice to be gay or not. The way they are raised could change what they think but they still have a choice!
This is an incredibly ignorant statement. It has been scientifically proven that being gay is NOT a choice. Your surrounding have nothing to do with your genetics.
Once again I see where you are going. Yes the gays may be doing this because of prejudiceness but now straights that are against gays are being criticized the same way because now they are against gays.
Homophobic people are criticised because they are being bigots, which is a choice. Gay people were criticised for something they had no control over.

I would like to finish by saying that in an ideal world, there would be no gay pride movement. Because there shouldn’t need to be one.
If everyone just stopped giving a shit about who other people find attractive, everyone is happy.

In regards to that statement mini, doesn’t the Bible have a verse stating “Judge not lest ye be judged”? In my understanding of this, this means you have just as much right to judge them as somebody else to judge you. Alsooooo not to mention “Love your neighbor as yourself”? Seams to me that’s two important rules your ignoring here. And on a side note, your not making any point other than that your a dick.

Okay… wow… I don’t know how to properly respond to this. I feel like this is borderline hate speech. I know you don’t feel that way, but you are intentionally saying things akin to “Black people should still be slaves”.

I get that you don’t approve of people being gay. Keep in mind that your opinion is the minority in not only the US, but the world. The US was behind the curve of human rights this time.

The Pope supports the right for them to marry you know. Being gay is NOT a choice. No gay person would claim otherwise. Or are you saying that you CHOSE to be straight? Most gay people seriously struggle with how they feel. If they COULD be straight, many of them would be. Being BI still includes being gay btw. It’s not choosing a side, it’s being attracted to both.

As I said. I don’t exactly hate gays but I strongly hate what they do.

And for the people saying that gays don’t have a choice to be gay. There is something seriously wrong here. It’s not genetics! it isn’t something forced upon you! You can either be gay or not be gay. Your choice! I don’t want to be gay therefor I am not!

Ah you are misunderstanding. When i say for I mean I am basically doing the same thing as gays but from a straight perspective. Not doing it for someone for their benefit.

Gayest thread EVER.

1 Like

No, you didn’t choose.

It’s not like you’re in some limbo until you’re about 3, and then you suddenly decide ‘Do I like men or do I like women?’
Whoever you feel attracted to is decided by your genetics. Something fires in your brain when you see someone that says ‘I find that person sexually attractive’. The thing that fires in your brain doesn’t see the person’s sex.

Here is an article about the results of a study into weather being gay is a choice or not:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/largest-ever-study-into-the-gay-gene-erodes-the-notion-that-sexual-orientation-is-a-choice-9875855.html

It is genetics.

It has been scientifically proven.

I agree surroundings can affect it, however. You have a choice whether you decide to actually come out as gay. For example, if you lived in a homophobic family you may feel it is wrong, so decide to marry a woman anyway and ignore your feelings. A large amount of gay people marry people of the opposite sex just to hide the fact that they’re gay as they have been persecuted for it in the past.

Mini… you realize that kids raised by gay parents, in a gay community, where being gay is normal, still produces straight people right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/homosexuality–choice-born-science_n_2003361.html

Lots to read, but more on the subject. Point is, it’s NOT a choice. It’s NOT just genetic.

I’m sorry but what part of someone being sexually disgusted by the opposite sex (and vise versa for straight people) makes sexual orientation a choice?
Last time i checked the gay guy who we’ll call Billy, can’t get get an erection and shove it up a woman because he’s attracted to the same sex.

wait… You mean to tell me that Billy can simply CHOOSE which sex to fuck? Oh my stars! It’s a miracle we can all be angelic christians again! Oh wait, that’s right BILLY HATES VAGINAS and not because he so chooses to but because he is PHYSICALLY UNABLE to be aroused by it.

But you heard them Billy, science means nothing, you can choose! Just flip that imaginary switch and start lovin’ dem vags!
This thread is bad and it should feel bad. Someone throw a blanket over it.

tbh at the age of 14 i don’t really think you’ve had much life experience to comment and express your opinion on this subject because im 15 and i know i haven’t and i have nothing against the topic because i haven’t really been around long enough to be able to develop an opinion. all it seem like your doing is following a crowd and just being a intentional ass

What do they do differently as humans? What do they do that makes you hate them?