Straight Pride (Re: Gay pride threads)

I have nothing against your opinion mini. I object when your opinion is based on untruths, broad sweeping statements, and contradictions.

You don’t hate gay people, but you hate what they do… that is a contradiction. Saying Christians do not approve of Gays is also vastly untrue. SOME do, not all. MAYBE 40% at best (my opinion, not certain that’s true). The idea that gays have a choice is proven false. So that’s an untruth.

puts hand up Got your prime example right here.

Well I could highly disagree. But I am going to say perhaps I should say the Christians that ARE against it.

Bruh.

My Christian pastor was excommunicated from the church BECAUSE he made anti-gay statements. This was over 10 years ago, so it’s not related to current events.

Episcopalian church btw.

Because Christians shouldn’t be anti-gay. You should love the “sinner”. Saying you hate what they do, usually leads to hating the person. Accepting them, however, is probably easier to do. Then you don’t have to use the energy to try and make them see the wrong in it. :wink:

As I said I don’t hate gays. I hate what they do. As other Christians Do not like what they do they can still love the sinner. Though as a Christian it is my duty to drive people towards salvation. And that’s sort of what this thread is doing. (Though it is not directly)

Look at all those "though"s

I’m going to assume from now on that you’re not trolling.

As I said I don't hate gays. I hate what they do.
And what do gays do, exactly?
Though as a Christian it is my duty to drive people towards salvation.
No. It's your duty, as a Christian, to spread God's word and his plan to save humanity. God is the only one who's capable of actually convert someone to serve him and be saved. Christians are just the messengers.

I see what you mean. I am not directly saving. I am leading them to it.

Errr. Hate to poo on your parade, but it’s hard to lead anyone anywhere when ya make a post titled “Straight Pride”. As others have said, it’s sorta like “Let’s all have equal rights, no matter our race”, and then say “Let’s have 'Glad I’m not Black Pride”

I keep asking him that too, but he won’t respond. Looks like we’ve stumped ya?

Such thing as doing other stuff off the computer. And I didn’t see this. But now to answer that.
Being gay is exactly what they do. Which is wrong and is against my believes It’s kind of a dumb question. You should probably know what gays do…

The same things as anyone else, as far as I’m concerned. And, yes, I do know what you’re hinting at.

I see what you mean. I am not directly saving. I am leading them to it.
And how is this gay-hate based speech supposed to contribute to any of that? I totally respect your opinion, whichever it is, and I understand how this whole stuff of gay pride we've been seeing recently might make you uncomfortable, but I don't get the hate, especially coming from a Christian like you. That's not what the Book and the God you follow command you to do.

But answering to your initial question, no, we do not need a straight pride movement, just like we don’t need a gay pride one. We just need people to start realising no one has the right to judge anyone else based on something so irrelevant and ordinary as their sexuality.

Cliche warning: Everyone makes mistakes and I make tons. I realize I’m not the best Christian out there. I am not a 100% Jesus freak. I still have very much faith in God. But I like where you have gone. If there was no gay pride. This thread wouldn’t exist! But it does and that’s their fault.

Lets see How much down-votes I get for saying the truth!

Being gay isn’t something you do. It’s something you are. Therefore, if you hate the fact that someone is gay, you’re pretty much hating a key part of who they are.

I’m sorry but that is complete and utter bullshit. The reason there is gay pride is because people have been prejudiced against homosexuality. If there was no prejudice, it’d be perfectly acceptable and therefore there would be no need for gay pride.

I stand corrected… However I still believe it is partially the gays’ fault.

TBH if it bothers you that much then dont take part in it? IS IT THAT HARD? Im tired of people acting like its some virus or some shit. If you dont like gays then ok! Dont take part in it! Just let people be. Its 2015 jesus fuck I thought people would be over this by now… No one is making you gay so chill out and let people live their lives the way they want to.

(I just skimmed through this thread so sorry if my points are repeated)

EDIT: And mini, chill. dont start with changing your signature to hated by 99% of PCB or some shit. I deleted it. Dont be childish. Man up, you brought this upon yourself. You know how pcb stances on this subject.

Partially? For being gay? Or are you talking about those that are flamboyant about it? Cause I don’t like those kinds of attitudes either.