FTB Centralised Crash Thread

I think it’s down? Been a while since that has happened. Now what do I do without my bees? :slight_smile:

Indeed looks like my computer restarted and updated. Sorry about that. Should be up again, if its not I’ll check ports.

its down D:

plz get FTB back online

-Jake

My apologies, should be back up

I have not been on yet (heading to work), but it says FTB is down.

We understand Sip. We are just happy to be able to play at all. Frankly, I’m surprised by how smooth the game is for me. Lag is rare.

Something is definitely broken. I hate to suggest it, but I think something is corrupting the server once more. It seems to start, and I and Spec were able to get on once for about 15 seconds before the server crashes.

Judging from what I saw while I was on, the problem may be the matter fabricators (3) I had running down in our basement. The specific chunk in that area of the mansion was not loading for me. Sip, if you are able to, can you go in there and break my matter fabs? They are easy to find as there is a glass roof to the left of the mansion where the solar panels are. to the right of those are my matter fabs.

I hope this fixes it. Maybe there is an error log?

The log shows almost nothing. I thought it was something with the map as well but I didn’t know exactly what. I can try to download the map and edit it. I was not able to load a chunk either, just endlessly falling, but could get to underground then a crash.

I am honestly temped to start a new map and see if there are any major problems, atleast while I attempt to edit the map. If you have the coordinates that may help me, but I should be able to find it from player spawns.

So I reset the map, and still issues. I can’t really tell what’s causing it, it loads almost all the way then nothing.

I know this has happened since the RAM upgrade. Do you think it is possible it is simply a RAM issue? I mean Java may be using 32 bit version for example?

I do hope you made a backup!

Oh maybe. I completely forgot about that, I believe I did install 32bit, I’ll have to check though. I do have a backup of the map and everything. I am trying to start it entirely fresh as if it was the first launch.

It’s going to take me a bit longer than expected. I need to make sure to get everything up and running then port all of it into McMyAdmin for future ease.

Thanks for the update.

I should really start playing FTB again… But I have so much other stuff to do and play and gah!

Looks like we are moving to FTB Unleashed. I have the old map, however it is not currently loaded on the server and I don’t know if it will work…

I am currently running it on a low amount of RAM…

Okay, I have no idea what is going on. I need to talk to spec…

It has been down since october now. When will it be fixed?

I think the classic server which is always up but never used should be replaced with a tekkit server, the big dig looks cool as you can get on with machines without having to spend your entire life mining

We had a tekkit server at one point (which ran on my laptop), and then moved to FTB due to a vote which also ran on my laptop. When moving the files over to a VPS it worked well for a week or so and then things started to go wrong and it would fail to run an FTB of any flavor. I think spec is using that server to test things currently.

I was thinking I would like to run FTB from my PC. I think it can handle it just fine even with more players.

I would like to have the map from the old FTB to play with. Without it, I would be less motivated to set it up.

I should have the whole thing on my laptop if you want to give it a go. I think I even have it in dropbox still.

Aww but then i loose class…well i guess i cant get on classic anyways…

go ahead nothing interesting happens on classic anyways.

But since classic may go down, Can the operators and up that aren’t staff on the classic server get some sort of item or permission? i mean, we already get insta-trusted but when classic goes down, we have nothing to look out for.