FTB Centralised Crash Thread

Its not for sure yet, but I will consider it. Closing classic would be sad, but better things may come of it. Heck, why not be instant staff on FTB?

Also, if FTB does not work out well for me (won’t run), classic may just go right back up.

Does anybody actually play on classic? I have NEVER seen the number of players go any higher than 0. More people would use a FTB or tekkit server because they generally run on newer versions and are much easier to get on.

To be honest I think classic is still here just for nostalgia reasons. A lot of the current staff started on there. Hell, myself and fatso (mostly him, and help from others of course) kept it running after it went down shortly before we got the Alpha server, then Kyle has kept it going since fatso couldn’t anymore. We’re all somewhat attached to it. And the original bigcity… :smiley:

Say… an event where everyone went on classic and did a tour around maps sometime would be awesome.

the server is down

Yeah, found that Crass was on when it crashed. Same error as always. OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

It means it ran out of RAM. I believe we have a memory leak, which is why we had hourly restarts. It seems to happen when people travel more than anything.

Leave me a message on Steam for fastest results from me.

I just got a message from the host about high CPU use… They will shut me off eventually. Can you figure out what’s causing such usage

The cause is from when the server crashes due to lack of RAM. We really need to start that auto-restart again. I saw that when it crashes, the process still runs and runs quite high. That means the entire time it crashed, it is near or at 100% cpu use for each core.

It’s not an issue when I am on cause I restart it manually, but if I am gone… I need to learn how you set up cron…

Wonder if it would be possible to setup something similar to the main server, so it auto-restarts when usage gets to a certain amount. Also, is the server running 64bit java?

It should be on 32bit java. I’ll reenable the cron for now, but that means PvP cannot run at all which is fine for the time being as I don’t have time to manage it at the moment.

32 bit? You sure? FTB is designed to run on 64 bit. One of our members could not play because he had not installed 64 bit java yet.

Ram starts at 1.3-1.4 and gets to 1.8-1.9 before it starts straining the CPU to use what ram is left.

The machine is a 32bit machine, just because the client needs 64bit does not necessarily mean the server does. The java version is 32bit

[s]When ever I try to connect to the ftb server it always comes up with this message-
The following multiparts are not installed on this client:
pr_rfire

I followed every installing step. Also I have deleted it and repeated it several times.If you have any idea of what could be happening could you please reply .
Thank you ![/s]
[size=18pt]Wait Never mind I just went on single player and it is like 4 fps :slight_smile: No Feed the Beast for me !

Did you add the patch? Open the folder, delete the old mods/configs and add the new ones.

It does not matter now Octo, But yes I did :stuck_out_tongue:

Penguina would not have needed the patch if she had downloaded the full link RECENTLY. The patch would not have worked because it only adds the latest changes.

That error is caused by missing a mod. I suspect your missing the animation API which was added a few edits back. Your FPS can be improved with configs. Try again perhaps?

Server’s down, has been since at least 10:45 GMT

It was more around 8:30 GMT, also, I didn’t do eet.

Started.

Any chance of updating the McMyAdmin link? Then more of us can fix it.

McMyAdmin is borked atm, so can’t use it for the time being until John gets the time to fix it. =p That and we’d all have to stop playing FTB for him to fix it xD