FTB Centralised Crash Thread

I think the world is messed up. I will create a new world, but leave the old one intact and see what I can do about fixing it.

I realized something… Java may have updated on my computer and that could be causing problems… I shall look…

New world appears to work…

Here are the crash logs. Deleting the chunks makes the server stable, but deletes Fatso’s mansion.

http://pastebin.com/bNwbQAtu
http://pastebin.com/Yv8pHkTR

I know this one sounded iffy, but http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1709436-147-entitycontrol-lag-and-ticking-tile-error-fix/ may still be worth a shot.

Some interesting info:
The error block is located south west of fatso’s. Somewhat far even at over 300 blocks away.
The Chunk in question barely fits fatso’s mansion in its area.

This means it is unlikely to be anything within the mansion that is bugging out. It might be possible that the quarry is close to it. The far corner perhaps?

Sip, is it possible you can simply replace the bad block “Block location: World: (-306,176,754)” with something like glass? Restart server, if get a new error, replace that location as well? That whole area is not really used as far as I know.

Also, in the meantime while this is fixed, is it possible to put up the map without those chunks so others who live away from the mansion can still play? Then after a fix is found, to put those specific chunks back in?

This is the problem:

View PostTheEliteFour, on 03 March 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:
I really don’t see why it shouldnt. MCPC should have had no need to change anything in yc.class (World.java). The best you can do is try, if it didnt work the server would just not load, not hurt anything.

Okees, let’s see what happens when I shove it into mcpc-plus-1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f534-229.jar…

2013-03-03 14:50:20 [INFO] Preparing level “world_ssd”
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [INFO] Registered command debug with permission node vanilla.command.debug
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: yc.(Laih;Ljava/lang/String;Lyk;Laaq;Lkh;Lorg/bukkit/generator/ChunkGenerator;Lorg/bukkit/World$Environment;)V
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] at in.(WorldServer.java:125)
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.initOverWorld(MinecraftServer.java:454)
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:346)
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:203)
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:724)
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] at fy.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception NoSuchMethodError
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: yc.(Laih;Ljava/lang/String;Lyk;Laaq;Lkh;Lorg/bukkit/generator/ChunkGenerator;Lorg/bukkit/World$Environment;)V
at in.(WorldServer.java:125)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.initOverWorld(MinecraftServer.java:454)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:346)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:203)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:724)
at fy.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
2013-03-03 14:50:20 [SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: E:\Game Servers\Minecraft\servers\server1.\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-03_14.50.20-server.txt

Aaaand there is no joy in Minecraftia…

Basically I can’t use bukkit plugins using that, but I may be able to delete the problems…

Not sure if related, but “The Secret Rooms mod is known to corrupt chunks and whole worlds that’s why no one uses it atm and it is banned from a lot of servers.”

I suggest we remove it?

Also, in most of my searches for similar problems, many people were able to fix their problems by using MC Edit. It sounds like a client that lets you log into a corrupted world. you can go to the error location and alter blocks yourself I think.

“Also if you just us MCEdit (1.7+ to make sure ids do not change) you can just download the single region file that is in plus the level.dat which max is going to be about 10MBs. Edit that one region file and resend it back up.”

Additional instructions to fix:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/server-crash-on-startup-ticking-tile-entity-ultimate-1-1-2.23234/

I had a little try with MCEdit. Messed up quite a lot of chunk files. Will attempt again tomorrow. I found the problem, it’s some floating structure… Someone was in it as well. I am going to call you out once I find who it is.

It was fatso. Something in the last place he was working on is causing the problem… :confused:

Wait. Floating structure…
I think that our flying digging rig crashed the server :frowning:

I was just thinking this as I read through the thread…

Ok, so I think we are on a new map, so back to square one. Say farewell to your loved ones.
Bluh bluh spoke too soon.

The diging rig? About an hour before the crash I installed a quarry, some pipes, a few electric engines and a mfe. None of these were activated yet but all wired up. I then tested it to make sure it was all moving fine, it was. Then stopped work on it till i got a hybrid solar block.

If it really is my fault then sorry guys! I Didnt realize that it would cause errors like this, is there a way to just delete the chunks with the rig in?

[Edit] Looking at the crash logs; ‘at forestry.core.gadgets.TileEngine.createEngine(TileEngine.java:68)’
Does this mean the its the electrical engines I added that fumped the map?

The map that is on FTB now will that one stay or is it temporary?

If the old map can be fixed then that will most likely be used, idealy either the single blocks of electrical engines need to be destroyed or the entire chunks that the rig is hovering over need to be re gen-ed or deleted.

Sorry again about this, Had no idea that the engines would glitch like this.

I kinda liked starting over because now everybody knows more + found an awesome spot =P

I think I should be able to salvage the old map

NOOOO, I have plannnss. I would really rather not lose everything. Maybe keeping all my stuff in ender chests would mean it is accessible even if a huge chunk gets erased.

Fatso, I really hope it can be easily fixed as the chunk the rig is in includes the mansion still. Based on what I read, the edit programs should allow Sip to manually remove the offending blocks alone.

I did see a lot of corruption reports relating to specific machines and engines. Something to do with Greg tech machines and redstone/ alternate power types. You can either upgrade them to accept that type of power first, or remove the ability in the jar so they don’t try to interact.

Good luck Sip!!

It was very far away from the mansion, and since chunks are 16x16 blocks the mansion is defiantly safe from it being deleted via chunks.

When I deleted the two that it needed I didn’t see the mansion at all. I may have been at the wrong coords though…

I seemed to have fixed the world. I will move it over to my laptop later today

Sweet!

Activate DELTAVOR WIZARD HAPPY DANCE!