Changes to Gameplay

We use qQuests.
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/project-34294/

If anyone can design a quest in the correct format, I can put it into the config file.

I made the quest discussion into a new topic. I figure that one is a can of worms for those that like making these kinds of things. Moving on…

Why are creative houses going to be limited…? It’s not like it breaks anything.

Yeah, homes shouldn’t be applied to creative.
Also, maybe instead of limiting homes altogether, maybe it should cost once you exceed the limit. For example :

I already have 3 homes, and I /sethome for the 4th time. It will cost me $250.00 for setting a new home because I already exceeded the maximum homes I can have.

Or have it charge you every time you tp to your home. If you have more than the amount of homes permitted. I think there is a plugin for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Erm shit sorry everyone excuse this, I accidentally hit modify instead of quote on keaton’s comment D:

To sum it up it was something along the lines of Taking away XP farms is like taking away my wood and something about creative flying

For homes, I believe staff should get at least 5 or up to 10. We have worked hard to represent PCB but 3 homes seems like too few for staff…

To be honest I don’t get why people need that many homes. I mean lets be real for a second, if you are doing a staff duty then you probably shouldn’t have that many homes in the first place. I mean seriously, every time I get on I am asked to do something, I don’t get any real gameplay to myself, and personally I am fine with this. Here’s my question, why I am so much more qualified that other staff couldn’t do my job when they can use the same abilities that I do?

Maybe I’m ranting on staff too much, but guys if someone needs help, then help them, end of story.

Flying to most of you may seem kind of moot when replaced, but I have to agree with Keaton. I love flymod because I can travel so much faster, and this honestly makes a difference to OP’s if you ask me. I think we could still have the /fly command for trusted and potentially member, but use Nocheat+ to block fly from normal players, but allow it for Mod+.

I don’t really know what to say about exp, since I honestly never really used a mob grinder in survival in the first place, and don’t have time to either.

I still think Special is right about the home commands being abused. This is survival, and travel should be done through warps to major areas or by creating real transportation systems.

Also, Warps themselves should not be placed so near each other. If there are 3 towns in really close proximity, them we might do one warp with roads leading to each. I just don’t want to see people using warps to travel short distances.

For creative, yeah, no limit really. No reason to limit homes there.

I’ve found that generally players ask for help from the most senior member of staff online. That’s probably why you get asked to do so much stuff sip.
Like, i’ve come on vanished as usual and made no effort to say hello and with a mod and an op online, guests members and trusted tend to ask the op for help rather than the mod.
There isn’t a problem with this, it’s just that we do like to play the game. I sometimes ask an op or mod to do something for me if i’m overwhelmed.
I’ve said this before, but I don’t want to spend any more than 50% (60% tops) helping people and not playing. I mean, that is why we came here in the first place, to play minecraft.

We might be using the plugin IBICF for flying soon. We can customise the flying speed.

In regards to mob spawners. We don’t want people earning money for killing mobs from a mob spawner. The EXP is not that big a deal. I am looking at using MobBountyReloaded instead of ecoCreature for our rewards plugin to give exp but not money.

I will explain the situation with setting homes in creative next week.

Edit:
In my test config, mobs will always give EXP. They will only give 5% of the normal money if it originates from a spawner.

I am going to look into allowing client side fly mods again but only for trusted+ in survival mode. I’m currently playing around with NoCheat+ on a test server. Whatever the outcome is, flying and flymods for guests and members in survival will not be allowed.

what about items though Special? money and exp is great, but some of us use blaze rods to sell in shops and make gratuitous amounts of them in brewing stands. if they don’t give us items, then it really isn’t doing anything worth a shite for us…

I think it is probably best to leave most gameplay as it was intended. So this way less money is generated from spawners, but you still get all the perks of having one. That being XP and Items.

I still don’t think that mob farms are fair. Items like blaze rods can be bought en mass from the shops, or given as quest rewards. I just dislike the idea that someone can get rich from items or money gained from a farm. EXP on the other hand, should still be gained from farms. The results from enchanting are still so damn random that it does not help as much as it could.

Farms also encourage the abuse of /home.

Pros of farms:
Easy money
Easy items
Easy EXP

The question is, should any of these be “easy”?

Well if everyone has equal access then I would call it fair.

Here’s what I think about items from spawners. Assuming there is no selling to Admins Shops then it is 100% fair and good for the economy. If people sell those items in their own shops, someone has to have money to buy them. This money isn’t coming from nowhere, you have to do something to earn it, again if spawners give far less money. I think we are assuming 100% of the money will come from spawners, propping up the economy unnecessarily and making it especially hard for new players to make it. Item have use, and I don’t really see it becoming a problem.

With enchantments being so random, XP isn’t really that easy. If we do put in enchant shops, they will have to be really high priced since it is not random at all anymore. This hopefully will help to balance out the economy as well.

As for homes, if there is a limit, people will have to decide what they want to set it on, and a spawner may not be what they are looking for.

Spawners are apart of Survival, and they should be exploited in my opinion. Everyone has fair access to any spawner.

+1

+1

I 100% agree with you sip. +1

Okay! Wow, I have been beaten thoroughly. Sip, I bow to your logic.