Centralised 1.8 Issues Thread

Nobody posted that it was fixed, but it seems fine to me.

The server has crashed and according to octo MCmyadmin is also down.
Its up now ! :slight_smile:

Server down for at least 10 minutes.

ANtoine

Box is down…

@_andy

Andy is on it. Remember: Steam is the best way to poke the admins in the event of an emergency

Thanks guys. If you need to contact me in particular, Steam is definitely the fastest approach

Welp, I got on, but something is wrong with that warp. Any time someone goes there, it restarts server. I’ll see what I can do.

Doing a short rollback, a few hours. Not sure if that version is fine, but we will see. The issue is indeed a corrupt chunk caused from an auto save happening while it shut down. Far as I can tell anyway.

A player reported to me that the player SquidArmy (not full username) is in a corrupted chunk and that every time he joins the server crashes. Can someone look into this if you get the chance, I’m leaving for the day

Did you not read my post just before? I’m still working on it. For now my plan is to keep trying rollbacks till I find one where the Pixel warp does not crash the server. Working on third attempt now. Once I find one that works, I can easily put the Survival and other maps back as if no rollback occurred. Creative on the other hand will be a little more difficult to keep as it was.

Be that as it may, i’d much rather a working creative that’s been rolled back than a broken one! :smiley:

Went through the crash logs. Seems this issue has been around since at least the 9th. Another issue has been causing crashes too, but I cant tell what that is right now. Each of my restores is taking an hour it seems, and Ive gone through several. Map always comes up, but warping there is death.

r.-2.-10.mca is the chunk that’s bad atm. Maybe area around it too. If I can just replace these with working ones, no real data loss. Real pain with the process. And I need sleep!

This tool is great btw. This can help anyone who messes with chunks.
https://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/

Would manually fixing the chunk by using //regen around the affected area safely work?

No, but I finally manged to find a backup from the 8th that worked. Just need to add in all the current files back. Should work soon.

Back up, but I don’t have time to update creative back to more recent ver. ONLY creative has been rolled back. If someone else wants to mess with it, the backup of the recent map is easily located and I did say the corrupt file. Ill be back much later today.

Edit: Fixed