xQT

Minecraft Username: xQT

Date of Ban: 27-03-2020 I think?

Banned by: unknown

Reason for Ban: Possesion of NBT items

Reason to be Unbanned: So, I used to play a lot on here way back in 2015/2016 and I just joined back, Im sure a few of your old staff members must remember me a bit. Back then it was not illegal to have NBT items in your enderchest, and I was not aware this had changed when I logged back in. I dont really care about the items, I just want to talk to my old friends again, and now I am permanently banned… :frowning: I hope you understand that I did not have malicious intent, and love this server and the memories we made together. Thank you for considering my appeal, and my sincere apologies for breaking the rules.

Previous appeals: A few times way way

Banned by @MrFerf on 21 Mar 2020 20:32 for Possession of NBT items (ender chest).

May I just tell you guys that xQT hadnt been on pcb for a few years so he had no idea about this new rule, xQT is a nice person and I know he didn’t own an NBT to try and brake the latest pcb rules.

2 Likes

Isn’t it quite unfair to just ban xQT for possession of nbt items? I’m sure there are many more who have those. I think he should get unbanned and burn those “illegal” items (and so should everyone else) or you ban everyone who also has them and loose quite a couple of active players. Also, xQT did not use them to cause lag or “break” the server, they were just in the ender chest and, as I said, many more also do. This comment may sound rude, but I think this is just unfair. I’m involved into this, because I’m aware of those illegal items and I’m aware that other people also have them.

1 Like

Minecraft Server, General Rules, Rule 5.
Unfair advantage - Do not use anything that give you an unfair advantage. This includes (but may not be limited to):

• Creating or obtaining anything in single player or another server that you cannot create / obtain on Project City Build and bringing it to this server (including saved toolbars added in 1.12). E.g. items or blocks with NBT that can harm others, items or blocks with NBT that gives an advantage over others (speed, jumping, etc).

This rule was added in early 2018, so you’re technically correct. This does not necessarily mean, however, that it was allowed. You’ve been banned three times before, in the span of three months, and two of those bans were because of NBT items, first in June 2017 for laggy potions and again in July 2017 for game-crashing shulker boxes.

Had this been your first offense, I probably would’ve just warned you to get rid of the items. But both times, you were instructed not to keep NBT items. Even if the rule had not been properly written (I believe you were the impetus actually. Lucky you!) this does not exempt you then or now. Ignorance of the law is not immunity. By playing on the server, you agree to follow our rules and it is your responsibility to be aware of them.

This ban is not unfair. Possession of NBT items is against the rules. Anyone else who has possession of NBT items needs to get rid of them immediately.

But the thing is, xQT has used items like this in the past to lag the server. Whether or not this was his (or anyone else’s) intent presently is irrelevant. Having these items on the server and spreading them around allows for them to get into the hands of someone with malicious intent. If you want to play around with these items privately, go ahead. Project City Build is not the place.

I’ll be getting on the server momentarily to audit inventories and ender chests and will continue to do this frequently. Everyone will have a 48-hour grace period to remove all illegal NBT items, malicious intent or not, unless I or another staff member has already removed them. After this, NBT items will be zero-tolerance. You will not receive a warning, you will be banned, and you must appeal.

I did feel somewhat bad for banning you when I did, @groenink , since you’d just returned to alleviate some of the quarantine boredom, so I’ll be lenient here. You will be unbanned 10 days from now on April 7th and you will have until April 9th to get rid of any NBT items you still have.

Temp Banned / Locked

1 Like