TwinkyNix

Minecraft Username: TwinkyNix

Date of Ban: January 11, 2022

Banned by: Baneoverpowers

Reason for Ban: “Continued disrespect, antagonism, and toxic behavior on the server. Appeal on pcbmc.co

Reason to be Unbanned: Roughly a week or a week and a half ago, issues happened. On the 10th(?), I was banned for 24 hours at roughly 12:40 in the morning. This was because of, and I quote, "Continued disrespect, antagonism, and toxic behavior on the server. " And while I do not admit to all of this. I do admit to being rude, and I believe that a 24 hour ban for punishment was reasonable, even though I was not happy about it. I also apologized on the discord server for being rude and blunt, before the tempban was given to me Discord

On the what I believe to be the same day, but nearly 24 hours later(?), I was editing wiki information and had edited the user article Whbilbo - PCBWiki . Will’s user info page, adding updates to the knowabouts of users mentioned, changing tenses of some verbs that were no longer accurate, & adding an update to status. Only roughly 15 or 20 minutes later, I got a message from Will himself, saying that I wasn’t supposed to do that. I responded to him, complying & stating that I was not made aware, which is true, as the contribution help page, PCB:Contributing - PCBWiki , does not say that you cannot update a page giving info on a user. He told me himself that it was alright. I went to change my edit. He managed to do so before me. Despite the issue being fixed, I got a message an hour later, again telling me that I couldn’t edit another user’s article, & that my tempban would be turned into a permaban. Will told me that he was not even made aware of this, which I think is unfair for him. he should be a major decider, due to the issue involving him.

I believe this is unjust, as

1. I already had settled for my tempban. I was waiting it out & I believe I had about 2 more hours until it was over when the permaban was notified to me by staff.
  2. It is unreasonable to use the wiki incident as a deciding factor on whether or not I get a permaban, as it is completely irrelevant to the reason I got tempbanned.
  3. Will and myself had already sorted out the situation on the wiki before it was mentioned to me by staff.
  4. Staff had notified me AFTER the issue on the wiki had already been resolved.

In the end, I would just like to say that I’m sorry for being rude, as I’ve stated several times, and truly apologize for doing something unallowed on the Wiki. I was unaware and tried to fix it as quickly as I could when I found out.

Previous appeals: Tempbanned by Joshuanala for building near his castle which no longer exists. 1 week. I believe almost one year ago, not showing up on the forums.
Update: Nevermind, I found it. Nix_The_Protogen
Edits: Fixed Typos, adding /fixinginfo, and final apology.

I did not have to provide an in-depth response to your appeal, but I have done it for your case.

Reason to be Unbanned :
1: This was because of, and I quote, "Continued disrespect, antagonism, and toxic behavior on the server. " And while I do not admit to all of this. I do admit to being rude, and I believe that a 24 hour ban for punishment was reasonable, even though I was not happy about it.

Nix, your behavior has been so easily predictable, and being disrespectful, antagonistic, and toxic are all forms of rude behavior that we staff members can say you’ve consistently shown lately. Most of your chats on PCB in 2022 have consisted of you being so extremely sideways and passive-aggressive towards numerous players, and that is seriously immature and sad to see.

2: I also apologized on the discord server for being rude and blunt, before the tempban was given to me.

You were tempbanned for behaving the exact same way as you were before your apology, and this time you repeatedly talked back to me (a staff member giving you orders) twice. What’s even more sad is that you responded in such a way over you teleporting to me (to another player’s project) without permission.

3: On the 10th, I was editing wiki information and had edited the user article Whbilbo - PCBWiki . Will’s user info page, adding updates to the knowabouts of users mentioned, changing tenses of some verbs that were no longer accurate, & adding an update to status. Only roughly 15 or 20 minutes later, I got a message from Will himself, saying that I wasn’t supposed to do that. I responded to him, complying & stating that I was not made aware, which is true, as the contribution help page, PCB:Contributing - PCBWiki 1 , does not say that you cannot update a page giving info on a user. He told me himself that it was alright. I went to change my edit. He managed to do so before me. Despite the issue being fixed, I got a message an hour later, again telling me that I couldn’t edit another user’s article, & that my tempban would be turned into a permaban. Will told me that he was not even made aware of this, which I think is unfair for him. He should be a major decider, due to the issue involving him.

-Firstly, Will was aware of what was happening, as he was chatting with myself and another staff member.

-Secondly, even if you had permission, the truth is that all very inactive staff members at the time were retired, resulting in the demotion to Trusted rank. Instead, I caught your edit in real time including, “In 2021, Will was demoted to Trusted for unknown reasons.”
As one of many players who knew the true reason why he was demoted to Trusted (retired from staff), I myself would be disgusted if you wrote on my wiki page (even with permission), saying that I “was demoted for unknown reasons”. It puts such a negative message over something that wasn’t remotely negative.
Why did you edit Will’s page to add something that happened, if you didn’t know the reason for it?
There is no rational reason to do such a thing, and, like many recent instances, it was deemed as another one of many examples of rude, antagonistic, and disrespectful behavior.
For that reason, there is no need to share any screenshots, if you have any. It gives you no excuse to do what you did.

-Thirdly and lastly, it doesn’t need to be a rule, as it goes without saying: you do not edit or mess with other people’s stuff (especially given the context of what you wrote) without their permission. That is also a general rule in many aspects of life. That is one of many reasons as to why what you did was disrespectful.

I believe this is unjust, as
1: I already had settled for my tempban. I was waiting it out & I believe I had about 2 more hours until it was over when the permaban was notified to me by staff.
2: It is unreasonable to use the wiki incident as a deciding factor on whether or not I get a permaban, as it is completely irrelevant to the reason I got tempbanned.

I disagree, as your actions speak louder than your opinions on why you should be unbanned.

3: Will and myself had already sorted out the situation on the wiki before it was mentioned to me by staff.

Let me give a timeline of what happened here, in chronological order, using logs as a source:

-You made the edits to Will’s wiki page, and logs of your edits immediately popped up. Will was actively chatting with me and another staff member, and he was notified of what was happening at the time.
-I discovered what you added to Will’s wiki.
-Will then deleted the sentence you added (mentioned earlier in this response).
-The conclusion of my discussions with a few staff members ultimately resulted in the upgrade to a full ban.

Previous appeals : Tempbanned by auhsojnala for building near his castle which no longer exists. 1 week.
Update: Nevermind, I found it. Nix_The_Protogen 2

I’m afraid that was also a full ban that required an appeal, and this is another case of you arguing that you should not have been fully banned. That ban also occurred during the current map cycle.
Before your final offence, you were also sitting through a 24 hour tempban, in addition to your two bans on this server.

In the end, I would just like to say that I’m sorry for being rude, as I’ve stated several times, and truly apologize for doing something unallowed on the Wiki.

I get your apology, as I was in similar positions multiple times in the past. I also understand that you hop onto PCB to escape from the active world we live in. You are not alone in that case, as I know of many past and presently active players who hop onto PCB for the same general reason.

Cutting straight to the point here:
Nix, I’m afraid it’s no longer worth apologizing for these offences.

Throughout this creative map cycle, you have still continued to commit serious offences. Each time I remember calling you out, you’ve lashed out one way or another (once resulting in a form of shouting match with staff until you apologized for your offence) when you were called out. You have also been previously warned for your behavior.

Unfortunately, you can only make the same type of apology and excuse so many times until your luck runs out, and I’m afraid it’s run out.

Given your long, consistent history of issues —including disrespectful attitude to staff members’ orders— It is quite clear that it may take some time for you to mature and improve yourself.

Lastly, keep this in mind for when you return:
If you teleport without permission, you may receive a 7-day tempban.
Keep in mind, the way you word messages influences the way you come across.

2 Likes

After some discussion with management. Due to the underwhelming nature of this offence. The ban has been overturned to be only 7 days from the original ban date.

2 Likes