The Purge

Not really. Some things would still be against the rules. For example, someone coming on and throwing insults at everyone, racism etc.

If we saved the map would it save items in chests?

Yes. I believe so.

If inventories were kept after the event, and chests reverted to before, surely that’s a pretty easy way to duplicate many items :confused:

Yes, that’s why I want spec or andy to backup the dat files. Then everything will be reverted after.

I’m not too sure about this, even though stuff can be rolled back sometimes things don’t get rolled back fully it properly, that is the main thing that I am worried about. Also I kinda agree with yomi, I don’t really want to see my work getting blown up. Also I don’t think that pets can be rolled back so that worries me too.

We wouldn’t be rolling back, we’d take a full backup including chests, animals, inventories ect.

why not a vote?

I don’t mind but I will take down the warp and ask people to not go to my town.
I don’t want to see my creating getting utterly massacred, Like some staff did with steampunk once

What about new people that join? They come in, see the big city, think oh boy, a cool server! Then they get to survival, and get killed by some full diamond Armour wearing trusted standing on a giant statue of male genitals. I don’t think that would leave a good impression.

that doesn’t defeat the purpose?

Oh Jesus, I’m gonna get fucked over so bad with this purge.

This literally just made my day.

Kuribo is going down, bitch. :wink:

(DISCLAIMER: I say bitch in a loving friendly way, I’m not actually a complete dick mmkay? Kay. <3 )

I shall take the job of the mage, and spawn my army if charged creepers to kill the masses

Could we make a copy of the current map and then host it as well as the regular survival map, so that you would be able to opt in to the purge. The newcomers and regulars would be able to stay safe and sound as long as they would like as the destruction occurs in another world. I personally would really enjoy seeing this happen. I hope my idea is helpful!

Like I said before, just put signs all over explaining the event. If they can’t read SIGNS, the screw them. New player or not, you can’t miss warning signs like what I would put in.

Creative can be left out. No point breaking what can already be broken.

Mabey we should have a purge test on a duplicate world like joeabunga suggested then i it goes well then we can do it in the original world. Because theres always the chance we have overlooked something.

Is this a feasible option? Seems like a good idea to me.
And we need to pick a date. Next weekend does not work for me, but I know we won’t possibly be able to fit everyone’s schedules.

I really do like the idea of a separate server, with a duplicate map. It almost completely ensures that no harm will come to the sever’s map, since they’ll be completely separate from one another.

what if we use the pvp server and just replae the world?