[Suggestions] Suggestions for the long-term future of PCB

Let’s hop right on to the suggestions, shall we?

[ul][li]Replace Survival world with Creative-2 world for Trusted and up. This would solve unfinished builds littering the landscape, and furthermore solve the problem of an empty world existing. Perhaps, Survival can exist as a smaller world.[/li]
[li]Allow guests to build in Creative, then automagically suggest to them to sign up after every 30 mins[/li]
[li]Allow money in Creative. This should be it’s own thread, honestly.[/li]
[li]Modify the PCB home page to show a modal every time an guest comes from pcbmc.co (where they were likely referred to from in-game instead of from a search engine.[/li][/ul]
Talking through this in-game showed that many players supported the Creative-2 idea, but I’m unsure of what the older staff members, whom prefer playing in Survival, would think. Perhaps Survival could be retained and Creative-2 being a smaller 3000x3000 world, set to only one style (modern, most likely) and with only one town, ala the current BC world, but without the professionism and scale needed in BC as of current.

I like the general idea but a few things I think should be changed. For example, with the Creative-2 world I think it shouldn’t be restricted by rank, but rather by building skill. Also, it would be better to have the same structure of the current Creative world by having multiple cities in any styles, not just one city and style. This Creative-2 world would be of very high quality and would be great to show to guests.

i agree with replacing survival with a second creative world. i do think the second creative world should be exclusive to some sort of rank or a certain degree of building skill. plugins should be used that improve the look of the world/biomes because i’m sick of having to build european towns in deserts next to snowy taiga forests lol.

Survival should stay. I don’t see the point in removing it. It’s the only thing I can actually go back to with Minecraft and it’s how this server started (aside from classic).

Guests in creative - they’re restricted as an incentive to sign up, it also stops a lot of major griefs which are a pain in the ass for us to clear up. The amount of water and lava merging to form cobble (which can’t be rolled back) was awful, hence why this was put in place.

I also don’t see any empty worlds? Unfinished builds will always be a problem, especially as people will instantly move to the other creative map if they get trusted. Creative gets reset once it fills up, so a cluttered map isn’t an issue really.

I don’t see any reason for money in creative either. You don’t need to buy anything? I can see it confusing people also.

No idea what your last suggestion is. Apologies if that comes across as rude, but I honestly don’t understand.

This is what the BigCity map is for.

Thank you for your analysis, Petro.

I suggested making Survival a smaller world. It’s not worth it to keep hosting a world few people play on now.

Guests could be restricted in the blocks they can place. A quick W/G configuration, I believe, unless my knowledge of server plugins is messed up.

Survival is rather empty as of now. Rather few players now play it, other than older staff.

It’s better to just allow money in creative. It serves a role-play value.

I meant that a pop up can be shown to guests (not logged in) that come from pcbmc.co instead of directly connecting to projectcitybuild.com.

Just wanted to point out that this stuff can be rolled back by using LavaFlow or WaterFlow in place of a username.

BigCity is just one city though and barely anyone builds in it. Creative-2 would have multiple cities and people would feel more comfortable building their stuff there as the majority of people prefer building their own city over building a few skyscrapers in one city.

completely agree

I think creative 1 would be a starting map for everyone, and for the elite builders maybe a creative 2 with biome plugins or mods http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?topic=13495.0

How to choose if someone is elite, maybe adding a new rank called [Elite Builder] that gives access to the creative 2 map if there are good builders…

How to know if someone is a good builder Staff could maybe do a monthly check of the warps around the creative map and give a vote to the city and choose if the player/s that built the city should be selected and gifted the given rank and have access to C2. I think this would make the better builders out there have a world with no random builds everywhere and be less messed up. Maybe giving some w/e commands too to improve their cities? (Under some rules obvs)

Thanks for reading

-Dan

Or maybe just like another donator sort of prefix, like [E] or smth.

I vehemently disagree with removing survival.

I think @mount2010 only meant to make the survival world less of a focus of PCB as if you compare player numbers of survival with creative there is a huge difference.

That’s always been the case though. Creative has generally always had a greater preference in PCB.

However, I don’t see how removing survival only to create a second creative map, which would segregate and isolate members of the community from one another, is of benefit.

Aside for the skeleton packs that spawn daily (33.3% chance of spawning), I’ve had a lot of fun on Survival. Sadly, players who visit Survival could have the attention span of 5 seconds until they go to Creative. Survival is the roots of Minecraft, and the reason why mining and crafting is still fun. Although few players currently play on Survival, there are always other players that return to play more (For example: the first week the Survival world restarted, nearly the whole server was playing in Survival, along with temporarily bringing back retired staff members. Today, there’s about 1 to 3 players that still play on Survival). Mount, don’t throw the towel on the Survival world, players will come back to play it again.

We aren’t saying to remove survival and as mount said…

Survival should not be removed. I think just adding a world between big city and creative would be great. If it was acessible for a possible builder rank. The original project of what we wanted was of having a world of high quality builds, but still with the freedom of making your own cities. Imo we should change the pool and put more specific options:

Keep survival, add a creative2 (creative2being the one mentioned on this reply )
Not keep survival, add creative2
Don’t do anything

I rarely play survival
I don’t really enjoy survival
However, I know that other people do, especially long-term members. I think we should keep Survival, but maybe make it a smaller world. People tend to go off into the wilderness and build a bit, leading to small scattered settlements (Cove is the obvious exception).

It really isn’t though. Big City is one city, with a set theme (sort of) and scale. If people want to build something that doesn’t fit, it may be amazing, but it doesn’t end up in BC. I think it would be nice to have a world reserved for more thoughtful, well made, and connected builds. The current creative map strikes me as a place to go if you’re a guest who’s trying to get better at building (or just fucking around) or someone who wants to build something quality, but that doesn’t really fit with a city or even reality (Kyle’s Doge Charger comes to mind).

There are sometimes things in creative that people want to use money for (mostly those people who do politics, and want a better option than the Ships for Bases Act (look this up if you have no idea what i’m talking about)). I do see how people could be confused by it, though. Maybe vote on it?

anyway that’s my piece on the 5 issues or so that we have mashed into this thread

Busy ATM but here’s a short pov from your local Vex

Remove Survial: Nah
Reduce Survival Size: Maybe

Creative-2: Maybe (More Towards Yes)
Elite Rank Proposal (Maybe?)

Money In Creative: Yes, Yes, Yes Please Thank you

Might I suggest a nations plugin if that’s even a thing…?

These ideas sound alright to me,
Atm i’d prefer we kept survival

But, one thing that I REALLY don’t want to happen is money in creative.

It serves no fkn purpose in a world where everyone has access to everything.
Things in creative have arbitrary value so there’s no tangible worth to anything in creative.
If you really wanna play pretend with money just throw some gold block at someone, otherwise I honestly don’t see the point in wasting resources on a pointless economy.