[Suggestions] Suggestions for the long-term future of PCB

Yeah, money in creative serves no point

I do not understand why people are getting so triggered and believe that survival world would be deleted…
Mount proposed to reduce the size seen that the vast majority of palyers play on creative most of time.

@Vexnorz It would be a rank that gives you access to the world (trusted+ rule doesn’t seem fair) because there are a lot of members that build very good and I think having a rank determines you are a good builder or not. I was thinking of something like this maybe [EB].

Money in creative seems kind of useless, the only decent way to use it would may be a bet. I do not see the point tho.

Nations plugins seems kind of troublemaking since nations create a bit of friction around the PCB community in my POV.

Thanks

-Dan

to be honest, I like how things are right now. Limiting people and what they can build and where they can build it (aside from Big City) has ALWAYS turned out bad. PCBt for example, almost everyone was upset to some extent about PCBt- now imagine that on a serverwide level when only some players are allowed to build in a certain area. We shouldnt judge people based on their building skills and herd them into one place rather than the other. This will split the community and cause issues in that sense. Money in creative is useless, there shouldnt be any nations plugins, allowing guests to automatically build removes all incentive to sign up, guests would greif and reek havoc everywhere they went. I do like the idea of modifying the PCB homepage to teaching someone how to sign up with big arrows pointing where to go. (although this should only be applied when an account isnt actively signed in)

Of course, there are positive sides to a lot of what was said, and I understand that. My opinion is to leave things be, but again thats just my 428,000,000,000 German Marks from 1923. (that was the actual cost of a loaf of bread in the Weimar Republic [1919 - 1933 Germany] in 1923 #Inflation!)

Now why does this make me think of the lucite claiming…

Hello this person has returned from the dead to say please listen to Joe. thx. bye.

This is just my 428,000,000,000 British Pounds (The cost of a loaf of bread after Brexit #Inflation)

I was always glad Big City never took off too much, or overtook creative. As a member for a long long time, I felt kinda excluded from a ‘trusted club’ and that would just make things worse.

I’ve said many times before and I’ll say it again, if anyone finds land that ive claimed and havent used, let me know you want to use it and I can almost guarantee ill let you have it.

^^ this, if only some people were allowed to build in an exclusive map a “club” would form, and it would exclude the rest of the community. If people seriously want their own map where they can build without the constant dirt shacks of those who they deem “unworthy” to build with them, try out for big city. Big City needs help as is, and if people are passionate enough about an exclusive world, Big City will welcome you: on a few conditions of course.

-you need to be good enough in that style
-you need to be able to build at that scale

• you need to be trusted*
    *members can still get in, but they need special permission

sound familiar? We already have what you guys want

Well joe, we don’t have what we want. We wanted a world just like big city but with multiple cities, at least that was the main initial proposal, anyways, the best for the community should be decided.

Hi, i just… want to throw my 2 cents in please dont h8

Although PCB stands for Project City Build, and we already have a Featured City (being BC) ; another world should be added for skill testing. However the issue with that is if a certain scale or quality is in place for individuals to build there, then there is really no point if people can’t match what’s needed and like how some have said, groups may form, which may make tensions high.

Survival on the other hand should stay, although its popularity has dipped, we should still keep it for the players that still use it to be inclusive

I do think survival should stay but it is quite a big world. A smaller world would be better as looking at the map there is a lot of unused land.
Idk If my input really helps but.

Personally, I think these changes would do nothing more than to tear the community apart.

Removing survival would be an unnecessary change that would do no good, with the only effect being that survival players lose all their progress.

Adding a second creative map for Trusted and up would tear the community apart. There’s plenty of active builders who love to build, but just never get Trusted. It’s undeniable that Trusted players tend to have similar building styles, so adding a new world for those players would leave creative 1 as a lower class world, both in rank and building skills. Any changes should bring us together, not set us apart.

Tl;dr: Removing survival would bring no benefit and a new creative map for Trusteds+ would make others lower class players.

no… not really, many of us build completely different styles… Este and the Budapest crew build more neo-classical/beaux arts while i build more modern-esk

@Neyalex please read the whole post correctly before replying please.

1.NO ONE agreed to delete the whole survival map, only to reduce it to like 3000x3000

2.Creative 2 would be accesed by a special rank, you need that rank even if you are trusted or mod or member. Higher rank doesn’t mean better builder.

I build modern and simple, Josh builds medieval, Mount builds modern, Hywel builds neo-classic? (not good with styles xd)

It seems that many players support the ideas laid out.
We should decide on an timeframe to implement these ideas -possibly after the Creative reset next year.

Now, I don’t think that having c2 would separate people, bigcity doesn’t. Players which haven’t been granted permission to build there can still look, and then they could get inspiration from the many different styles in c2. BigCity has very specific styles and sizes to build, so people don’t want to, c2 would be much more free, people who have earned the [E] prefix (as suggested) can build in their own places, and have much more freedom with it.

Exactly, that was all we wanted.

Thanks for taking onboard my rank suggestion ;D

Okay, I haven’t been very active lately (I’ve been away), but I’d still like to give my opinion.

I like PCB the way it is, and I wouldn’t want to see huge changes, but sometimes, changes are good. The main idea that I love about PCB, is that you can build freely in creative. For about a few months, I was looking for a server that you didn’t have to build in a certain world to get a rank, so you could build in the normal creative world. I hated it. That’s why I stuck with pcb. All you had to do is sign up, and in a few minutes you could build a city.

Adding ranks that allow you to have better perks than others because of your building skills, doesn’t seem like the pcb that I love. I came to pcb because you weren’t ranked because of your building skills. If we added the rank, i do believe that it would turn a few people away. Trust me, if I had to do that the first time that I came on, you probably wouldn’t see me again.

I do like the idea of re-sizing the survival. I believe that since there isn’t a lot of people who play survival it would be good.

it keeps changing from very active creative to very active survival. I see no need to expand one and shrink the other.

I. The reason I like PCB is because most of the work made on the server is in the Creative world. If the builder rank is a rank treated similarly to Trusted and Creative 2 becomes the most used world, then I think it may divide the server’s projects in Creative.

My ideas in this discussion is similar to Claudia’s and Wairoa’s:

II. Although resizing the Survival world would save memory, I’m unsure if there are any builds from active players that may be outside the new world border. If this resize is expected to happen, then I would check for any major builds in the area (Moderately sized farms, houses, and houses within villages)

III. I’m unsure if a currency in the Creative would be a good decision. It would put it to more use, but it may create an unequal amount of wealth in the server. Although, this could increase the amount of votes PCB would have on the four websites, as players would be more inclined to vote for the server, and receive money.

@BroodingSet @Caderina I understand your points, but there should be some building judging too, because this is a building server too. (I know that it is a free building one) but there should be a world for the most skilled players to build cities together/alone with a world (maybe smaller) with a biome plugin and no random structures around the world. I just think that it would make it a bit more fair for the good builders (I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone here, please get my point)

Thanks

-Dan

Edit: Can anyone please tell me how can I change vote?