Steam Sale 2015

[size=1em]STEAM SALE TIME! EMPTY YOUR WALLETS FOR GABEN!

Time for a lesson in proper steam sale-ing!

1. Put things on your wishlist that you want to buy, and try to stick to it! You don’t want to go bankrupt!

2. Only buy a game if it’s either a DAILY DEAL, a FLASH SALE, or a MONSTER MILESTONE. If it isn’t, wait, as it may become one of those later. If a game has not appeared on one of these sales, buy it on the last day of the sale. Doing this will make sure you get the best deals you can!

[size=1em]If in doubt, refer to this handy flowchart:

Spoiler

[size=1em]3) Play the monster summer game! The more the community plays the game, the more extra discounts will be unlocked.

[size=1em]4) Use steam’s new refund policy! If you’re unsure about buying a game, now is the perfect time to get it. It’s cheap, and steam now offers refunds on any game for any reason (except being exploitative). Steam will give you a refund, no questions asked on any game within 14 days of purchase, and on condition you have played less than 2 hours.

[size=1em]With all that out the way…
[size=1em]
GTAV is currently 25% off on a daily deal!
Darksiders franchise is currently 80% off in a flash sale!

That magical time of the year is here!

I already bought the Skyrim Legendary Edition with the DLC. Fuck flash sales, I want it now damn it! 40% off is good, and Skyrim is always on sale anyway.

If I understand their refund policy correctly, you can get a refund on a game then buy it cheaper if that applies.

For example, you buy a game at full price, then find that it is 50% off the next day! As long as you haven’t played over 2 hours of the game, you can get a refund then buy the game again at it’s reduced price. According to Valve this does not class as abuse of the system! Isn’t that nice? :smiley: (I think this is correct, if not, someone please let me know that I’m being an idiot.)

Me, @Ouhai_Ruby and @Nikobain bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 to play with @fatso12321

We might just cross paths one day… :wink:

"Abuse

Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price."

Straight from their refund policy. So yeah, you’re right. =P

Day 1 of steam sales. My bank account lays there taking his last breath, a paycheck is slowly being devoured in one day. Games that i may never even play but the sale was so beautifully forged by Lord Gaben that i could resist not. I began today with $75 and as the day grows short, i end it with $43. But this was only day 1 of 10.

Day 2.

I have just logged in. I feel fear but also anticipation for what deals may await me. I’ll see you on the other side, brothers!

Liam its only the 2nd day! At least save the quote for one of the last days!

I wasn’t intending to quote anything. Plus, I may not last that long anyway.

Oh right i was jus saying for jokes anyway;D

The only game Ive ever bought for steam is tf2. I suppose I could drop $100 on some new games. any recommendations?

Bought:
-GTAV
-Mirrors Edge
-Portal 1 and 2
-CS:GO
-FEZ
-L4D2
-HalfLifeSeries

Half-Life Series?

#firstworldproblems

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Batman Arkham series
Borderlands 2
Battleblock Theater
PAYDAY 2

Day 3 is here! Planning on buying loads of DLC’s today.

Hey…which Euro truck pack is the best to get?

Ive never bought any myself so any

The most expensive one, obviously.