Server Olympics - Development

[size=14pt]Olympic News and Progress Update

[hr]
[size=12pt]VIP Tickets and Sponsors

Due to high demand, people who now buy VIP tickets will not be guaranteed seating. If we oversell the tickets, a random name generator will be used to decide who gets allocated seating.

All those who purchase tickets will get their names added to a wall of Olympic Sponsors! In future, SpllatPT will be taking item donations, but this is not being put into effect yet! For more information speak to SpallatPT.

Guaranteed Seating:

[ul][li]SpallatPT[/li]
[li]Petroliam[/li]
[li]legotrooper123[/li]
[li]Javi[/li]
[li]TheOctopus[/li]
[li]AGx[/li]
[li]thejoshua79[/li]
[li]twan961[/li]
[li]feltheboss[/li]
[li]tomicalover[/li]
[li]oskawan[/li]
[li]Amphitryon[/li]
[li]AngelSentinel[/li]
[li]Anty_MC[/li]
[li]KelzioAuditore[/li][/ul]

Non-Guaranteed Seating:

[ul][li]Zak96[/li][/ul]

Sponsors (Did not want a VIP seat)

[ul][li]MrFerf[/li][/ul]

[hr]
[size=12pt]Olympic Village Construction

Javi has been appointed the Lead Developer of the Olympic Village!

If you are interested in helping with the construction of Athlete accommodation, complete with training and leisure facilities please contact Javi. If he is not online, feel free to build your ideas at your own location.

Please keep in mind it will be his final decision whether your build is used. Don’t be offended if your builds are not chosen as Javi already has a plan in place! Please follow his instructions if you are accepted as part of the village build team, anything built without his permission at the approved location will be removed.

[hr]
[size=12pt]SpllatPT

SpllatPT says hi.

[hr]
[size=12pt]Media Coverage

AGx will soon be uploading the full video of the Basketball test match! Highlights to follow shortly afterwards.

There are potential positions for commentators for a few events also, AGx will have more information on this in a future video/post!

If anyone wants to give any ideas/ contribute, or give a shot to the design of the homes in the Victory Village, you can submit your entry @ the temporary warp /warp villageentry

ONLY build within the blue boundary plots. You may not exceed the blot borders. One plot/entry per person.

Two things;
Firstly, I finished my game but it needs sixteen players…
Secondly, I payed SpllatPT my ticket for the VIP box ages ago, what about my seat?!

I am willing to additionally sponsor via my company Burgers R Us (BRU). I don’t know how far this will get me but i am willing to pay $250 for the sponsoring of the PCB Olymics.

I can’t remember that :frowning: , when did you pay ?

We will be wanting some food and drink places near the village at some point, you could have one of the buildings there perhaps. I’ll let you know when we start!

A couple of days ago I joined
then I asked for a VIP seat
then lego told me to pay you

If the person you’re paying isn’t online, they’re not going to see the money go into their account. Speak to SpllatPT in game.

Badketball test FULL MATCH has been uploaded and will be up tomorrow for everyone to watch :smiley: Hooray!

Fuck it! Video is available to watch right now :D!!! https://youtu.be/3DcFgVi5HcQ

Ummm my company MazeBank® sponsoring the event… Remember? ~Jm

He was on. I remember.
Anyway I’ll pay you another 10
dollars or whatever as a donation to help with the
games.

no need for it, if you said that you have already paid, I will add your name as soon as possible! :wink:

I just paid an additional $54.90 to Spllat, making my grand donation total $65.00. The other $10.10 were paid to Liam.

ATTENTION: all submissions, homes, shops and other builds were moved to /warp entry to clear and organize the area around the stadium. If you would like to submit a building, please dont build it near the stadium, build it at /warp entry and wait for approval for it to be moved to the actual olympic area.

As the newly appointed head of the Refereeing team, I am looking for a group of volunteers to run the game and ensure contestants do not break the rules.

You can compete and referee, but not in the same event. Once the list of events have been finalised the members of the volunteer team will be asked which events they wish to participate in and I’ll create a schedule.

GAME CREATORS: Please put a sign somewhere on your game saying how many people your game requires to run, and a book explaining how to use it. Unless you are on the volunteer team, you won’t be running the game. This is because I want to ensure that the people on this team are trustworthy and won’t skew the results.

So recently, I have been asked about having Olympics related timelapses being recorded for the channel. I am very happy to put forward this idea so here’s my plan:

• Timelapses can have a (real time) build time between 10 and 90 minutes and the duration of the actual video will vary

• If you need to make sure that timing is okay for me and yourself, my timezone is BST (British Summer Time) and if you’re looking to do a 90 minute timelapse my latest time to do one would be 8:30 PM as I usually come off at around 10PM

• Those who want to arrange a Timelapse can contact me on the server or on the forums leaving the time you would like the timelapse to be recorded and name of the build

Thank you! :smiley:

I have a suggestion for quicker timelapses, for larger builds. Film the build being demolished in a planned out order (From the top down, front to back etc) then reverse the footage. It looks a lot smoother rather than a player jumping around all over the place, changing their ideas, redoing parts etc. However, you do lose out on seeing how the build evolves with ideas changing etc.

I really like that idea, I suppose it can be an option for the builder whether they want a standard or reverse format!

It works best for particularly large builds, makes the timelapse look really smooth. I can find some video examples if you want.

Feel free to do so! I know that FyreUK do some amazing Timelapses :slight_smile: