Server Olympics - Development

Petroliam can be the leader as long as the games still take place in halcyon

I just wrote all of that for nothing for what it seems!

I think everyone needs to just chill and get on with it.

I’m guessing Park City is where it was started (I don’t actually know, I just know it was Amphi’s place) and from what I’ve seen it looks nice enough. It’s at the edge of that city at the moment but stuff could be built around it. There’s a decent spot for a village including athlete accommodation/training area (Pool, gym, smaller track etc. if we wanted to be realistic. This of course isn’t necessary in Minecraft :P), some extra attractions for spectators (Perhaps a stage for some music, a few bars and restaurants).

I don’t mind taking the lead on this, but I would definitely need help from others to plan and come up with additional event ideas.

Liam is now leader of the olympics. I am co-leader. Just putting that out there

[quote=“Petroliam, post:23, topic:21839”][size=1em]I think everyone needs to just chill and get on with it. I’m guessing Park City is where it was started (I don’t actually know, I just know it was Amphi’s place) and from what I’ve seen it looks nice enough. It’s at the edge of that city at the moment but stuff could be built around it. There’s a decent spot for a village including athlete accommodation/training area (Pool, gym, smaller track etc. if we wanted to be realistic. This of course isn’t necessary in Minecraft :stuck_out_tongue: ), some extra attractions for spectators (Perhaps a stage for some music, a few bars and restaurants).I don’t mind taking the lead on this, but I would definitely need help from others to plan and come up with additional event ideas.[/quote][size=1em]Yes! perfect! we should build all of this just 4 fun and decoration!

[size=12px]Games are currently scheduled to start One month before the real life games. Our games will most likely take place on July 5th- TBD

Lego. Just edit your posts instead of continuing to post more. We shouldn’t have to edit your posts constantly to merge them together.

[size=12pt]Go to the PCB YouTube channel for the first episode of the Olympic WIP (Work In Progess) Series!
https://www.youtube.com/user/PCBMinecraft

@AGx the cinematic looks awesome! Great job :smiley:

Looks great Ag! :smiley: This could turn out to be an awesome project, especially if it’s documented well.

That is definitely my aim! :smiley:

Of course! Please notify me before adding roads / buildings other than stadiums.

Thats awesome ag! Good work! It makes me wanna go on and check the place out!

AGx well done on your you tube PCB Olympic coverage

Thanks all :smiley: The positive feedback really helps keeping me motivated!

Two things:
1: Slightly off topic, but as this will be the Summer Olympics, I’d be glad to host the 2018 Winter
Olympics at Winter, my new town
and
2: Can I build an Archery game for the Olympics?
Thnx

There’s already a archery game! @Petroliam did that

I’ve created the scoreline for the earlier test recording basketball match. Is the scoreline ok with you guys or could I change it in any way. I should hopefully get the match video uploaded for Sunday :smiley:

I will be doing 2 versions of the match video:
Full Match - For those looking to see all the action!
Highlights - For those looking to see the best bits!

AGx,
PCB Olympics Broadcasting

Looks so good :o Seriously, looks so professional

Instead of having the names of the players, maybe people could make teams based on what city they reside in! Just a thought.

Ah yes team names will be something with the actual Olympics. The letters were used in this scenario as it was only a 2v2. Thanks for the feedback anyway :smiley:

Looks great!
Was that me who flew past you
there?
lol

[size=12px]Also, if not built already, can[size=12px]I build a cycling sort of event?