PCB is Dying

I agree with this 100%. I see people getting banned for the smallest things then getting rolled back to the max. We shouldnt do that! If they get unbanned and see all their work gone, their first reaction is to leave and not come back, because they think all is lost. I think we need to clarify banning and rolling back more to new staff, tell them to roll back to the date of the grief, not all the way to 100d.

I suppose everybody has completely forgotten bout my maze event. :’(
:wink: No worries, I even forgot about it for a bit, until i went to my forgotten underground city and saw the massive walls that protect my maze. XD
It’s a little hard to remember something when people stop talking about it. It’s been a while since i posted on my maze discusion thing and made sure everybody remembered it.

I remember. I am willing to be a camera person. AND THE MORE EVENTS HAPPENING SOON THE BETTER! This gives lots of opportunity for us to want to come on.

(This is going to be shot down extremely fast) I think OPs should be allowed to set their game mode and ONLY THEIR game mode to creative, it would allow us a lot more mobility and such n stuff

That would get abused to hell

Right I think more events would be good, though right now we cant really do that easily since well we are a bit fail atm.

Since I’ve been doing some reading for AP Euro, this whole thread looks like popular revolution if you ask me. A bit off topic but whatever.

I have a question though, mostly for those pre-1.8. Would you like to see one server instead of two? Like we used to have. Laid-back, fly was allowed, but still survival. Obviously this makes creative a huge question and I think it can be solved. I think we can still implement creative within a main survival server, I dont think this is the right place to explain, but it can be done. Sorry ideas a bit out of order, but I think the servers seem fragmented right now, having two, especially with the size of the community is way to much. It’s too hard to pick between the servers (well for some it is), and you dont really get to know other players as well as we did with just one. 1.3+ we pretty much all knew each other in some way or another, and it just had a much bigger and better community feeling.

I think we should bring that back, because if I am to be completely honest, flymod is what kept me here. I just wanted to fly without being kicked or banned. I liked getting materials from shops/npc’s and building. Not having unlimited resources makes the game so much more interesting. How we had it before was a much more interesting way and honestly made us unique compared to other servers. You are encouraged to build huge elaborate things, with limited resources, or be taxed in some way to get them. Along with this it would be much easier to maintain one server, and maybe start up IRC again with a different host that allows it, assuming Andy is up to it.

I think as long as we can band together as a community here, we can get something amazing done, and bring us back to our former glory.

Hopefully you were not scared of the wall of text, or my failing sentences.

I would like 1 server but I cannot stand survival -.-

the only way i could see that happening is having one server with multiple worlds, which would lag the hell out of it. otherwise you have to faff around with zones with creative and zones without and making sure people dont abuse creative in the survival areas.

I kinda prefer to keep creative and survival separate. At least in the general stuff. Like when we do big events we usually do creative to get it done real quick and have it for survival. COUGH my maze COUGH. XD
But yeah most of the time the creative things that get done on survival usually have a pretty good reason. If we had the opportunity to switch between creative and survival, then everybody would get stuck using creative because it is easier. Trust me, this is something that happens every time I take a mod and say i will only use it to get this one item, i end up not taking it off until minecraft updates again.

;D Thanks for remembering my near forgotten adventure.
Another thing that has kinda faded away is that movie we where going to make. With romeo and juliet. What ever happened to the auditions? We where so ready to do this but it died away. I know one thing, I will not let this topic die away and never be brought up again. Least not until we take care of the problems.

I think back when we had Sandy Point, Paradise Falls, and that beautiful spawn city, that was when we were at our best. Now, we’ve split up into two servers, and with both being updated at different times, it’s really gotten harder to play with people who I first saw when I joined PCB. I agree that if we take some steps, we can get back to out former glory - and it won’t take much. Some advertising, merging servers, updating/cleaning up, and rebuilding spawn city. It may sound like much, but if each person takes a part, then PCB is going to flourish once again.

It seems as though everybody is set on merging the 2 servers. I honestly think fully mixing survival and creative is a bad idea, because it will definitely get abused very quickly.

Well then should we make a choice? Be a creative or survival server?

Well first off that is not set in stone that it will be one server. Secondly I think the discussion for that should be on another thread, since I believe it is better than what we have now if implemented well.

Responding to Ital: Survival how it used to be. Creative mode given for certain projects, etc.

So Fly Mod? :slight_smile: I prefer having separate servers however I understand the cost of running two and if it keeps PCB up than I am ok with a survival gasp server as long as I can somehow have access to CMP Mode for various things :).

EDIT: It seems as if almost everyone responding to this topic is trusted+, perhaps any members reading this can chime in please :)?

I came in 1.7.3 and this was the best server in the world I never wanted to join another server… But now its just not the same… BUT I want to help in anyway possible to make it feel like it was when I first joined this AWESOME SERVER!!!

Would there be any way to have connected chat between two servers? That would help, as at the moment the community is mostly split. I would definitely want survival. But maybe have fly back, I’m not sure.

If we could do the multi world thing it would be great but we would need lots of RAM to keep it running without lag. And liam, I think the only way to do that is IRC which our host doesn’t want us to use.

Yea, I remember when we did it for a transfer on the old server, it was laggy, but if we consolidate to one server, multi-world is more viable, since some of those funds can go to a more upgraded server.

Also proper forum moderation… guys…
if he wants to know more then he can create a topic or PM someone, the later being the more preferable.
If someone has made a point don’t make 2 more posts about it, someone has already answered it, either edit the post or don’t make a post