PCB is Dying

I think if we had better planning and scheduling then these events would go better, people would understand where they stand on their rank, and maybe even more. Like when me and sacred attempted to make a christmas surprise event, that went not so well. We had a big deal planned out but not the announcing of the event. The only reason people actually saw it was because me and sacred came on when there was a good amount of people flowing on the server. With out proper planning and scheduling, things just go to sh*t.

Like I said before. If we made a good enough promo video and put it on all of our youtube accounts, that would get us noticed REAL quick. We just need to think of what to make a the promo about.

I agree it could get initial traffic, but unless gaining subs, it would be hard to keep that initial flow.

Also, almost done with putting the source for everyone.

I dont even want to see the server so popular thats its 50/50 maxed out. It would just be nice to have a constant 18-20 players on. Just like back in 1.4+. I also agree, actually its been bothering me for well over the past two months, some of our staff are just, meh. I dont want to name anybody specifically but we really need to get ALOT more harsh when people apply. Just because “Oh yeah hes a really nice cool guy” doesnt make him a good addition to staff.

I totally agree with the staff promotion thing. I think we should revise the whole system. I suggest a system from another server, which is much more in depth. I have edited it a bit, for our purposes.

Your name:

Which server(s) are you applying for?

How long have you been a part of the server/forums? (This server, not how long you’ve been playing Minecraft.)

Have you had any experience as staff on other servers? (We like to know if you’ve been exposed to some things staff members here are. We don’t want server IP’s either)

Are you familiar with some of the server plug-ins staff members use? (Have people know plugins. LogBlock, etc.)

Why do you think you should be a moderator on this server?

Are you active in our community? (Anything to do with the community. Forums are NECESSARY)

[Optional]Any other information you would like to share with us: (Some people like having things to read, if you wish to share anything you think might help, or just something you would like us to know, feel free! Also adding upon this, is that it would be good to know leadership positions in the past. That may go in the staff on other servers section though.)

Also, I know we already do this, but grammar and spelling matters. Basically being able to form basic, thoughtful sentences.

I agree with Myth we planned on doing something really awesome for the server, but we did not plan on how we were going to tell everyone and so not as many people got to see it.

We need to start planning events and how to organize them. I find that no one shows up in events because some people don’t know what TZ there in or they’re to lazy to look it up.

boy whatchu say 'bout me?

I may have been off but I’m still here

I 100% agree with this.

Also lemon, it’s not that I don’t trust them being OP, it’s just that having the power to restart the server is a great one. As I said earlier, I would only trust 3 or 4 people with that, I’ll name them if you want me to. Worldedit, they need experience with it so they don’t crash the server 1st time they use it.

EDIT:

Is my screen broken? I seem to see Filipenis online :o

Jus saying but i do get on here every day and check the forum and then straight to Survival when i get home from work. i love you guys to death and i know that a few have said it, but if this goes im pretty much done…
BUT WE CAN DO THIS
not just the SOPs have to advertise, if everyone will get thier asses in gear we can ALL advertise, just as Cherry did to me on PWO and i did to Keybladekid and Sandman1130. now i know they don’t get on often but they said they are waiting for the update. so before we give up lets give it one more shot, ALL OF US ADVERTISE, make _Andy proud, and get this place going again.
i know of at least 2 events we can do when 1.2.3 gets going

1.Liam, Bolje, and I’s War
2.Vaio’s Zombie Run.
so lets get some advertising done and get up again and outta the dust.

Yeah ouhai fili checks the forums still pretty often

^this i couldn’t agree more with.

PCB used to be a good server, but then it took an arrow to the knee.

----( Knee )---->

Plus we don’t advertise our IP so no one knows about us.

Of all the places shadow…

I am very glad that we have gotten people to talk about this. Now that the issue is out there, we’re already coming up with ideas to stop this server from dying. And, I really don’t think that Minecraft is dying as a whole. Minecraft is still pretty darn popular, it just needs more changes to gameplay.

This is kinda like AA, except that instead of being sober we are saving a server :).

Hah not to go topic here but, are we getting a new map for creative or not?

This is a tad off-topic too, but I just updated my MC, and I cannot seem to log into SMP…

Survival hasn’t been updated jet…

Ah. And creative has?

No.

Survival is 1.1, creative is down. Andy tried the update on classic 1st and we found it didnt work due to broken plugins.