PCB City Palooza

~This event/project was created by myself and Prilly~

What is this event?:
Well since you asked, PCB City Palooza is a special project in which you will be grouped together with a few other players to make a town or city in Creative. Your group will work together to try and outdo the other groups work. Working together you will establish a very nice Creative country (large area) and create something worthwhile!

What is the exact purpose for this event?:
Before these few current maps were brought up, I had in mind to create a freebuild kind of event. Over time I’ve been working on my own city and Spawn so I’ve been putting this off for a while, and during this time I re-thought things and thought it would be cooler if I try and make things a little bit more interesting. Even though my original plans were to make freebuild cities for everyone to build in, I thought things could be much more fun by bringing competition and making y’all work with randomly selected others who choose to participate. Within your group you will have to listen to each others ideas and come to similar conclusions for what you want to make of your city, the point is to work collaboratively so that we can encourage players no matter what rank that communication between your peers is very important.

What’s in it for me if I choose to participate?:
The satisfactory of accomplishing things within small groups! Another thing I’m willing to throw in for an extra gift is that if you make a build (tall, modern, and worthy enough) I will consider placing a copy of it in the Creative Spawn! Also to add, once your areas are more developed over time, things won’t need to be small closed groups and you can allow others to build with you, but ignore that. Right now it’s going to solely be for small groups.

I want to be a part of this, how do I sign up?:
The way I have this set up, there are 3 teams. Red, Blue and Green. Depending on how many people wish to participate, your group can have as much as 3 people and maybe even up to 5 or 6 if there’s a lot of people who want to participate. Randomized teams have already been created on the deadline Sept 9th. If you wish to still participate, I will either allow ONE person to join for the blue team since its shorthanded, or 4 people altogether to even the number of people on each team. Just leave a comment in this topic, find me in game, Pm me, or whatever is most easiest for you and I will add you to a list. I’m randomly selecting who will be on your team, do not request to be with anyone or on a specific color team.

Remember:

[ul][li]Once placed in the group, do not bail on your group-mates. Being an active member of this community will be important to effectively communicate to the rest of your team.[/li]
[li]Don’t build something if other group-mates disagree with something. This event is meant for you to try and find new ways to communicate well with others.[/li]
[li]If I really really really really like a build that meets my eye’s requirement to be in Creative Spawn, I will place a copy of it in there as a treat.[/li]
[li]I suggest to do your best to disregard what other groups are building. By that I mean, don’t go to other groups designated spots and take ideas from them.[/li]
[li]This is for fun, try and make new friends with each other if you’ve never worked together on something, it’s why I’m selecting the players in the groups randomly![/li]
[li]Do not ask for a Staff member to WE anything for you, let this be a challenge![/li][/ul]
TEAMS:

RED: NAMILLO, ANIMA, PIEHOLE, SYLVIE
BLUE: OUHAI, BOLJE, JAKE, SWORD, YOMI, MEX
GREEN: LIAM, JAPE, GUIBOALLON, ISPEAKTOTREES, KURR

I’d love to participate :slight_smile:

I’d like to be in the City Palooza please ^.^ though I suck at building…I’m up for the challenge and working with others :smiley:

Sure, sounds like fun!

But it may be a good idea to have people with similar timezones together. For example, once school starts, I will rarely see people from the west US…

I’m in! :slight_smile:

This sounds good, like the community activity we need!
I’m in!

Thx for the suggestion Ruby, I’ll try and consider the time zones, are you taking part in this event? You’ll be in a random group of members

I’m in!!! This sounds like alot of fun! just hope its not during school :stuck_out_tongue:

-Jake

D: i’m agenst all my freinds

Yes I would like to take part :slight_smile:

What Ouhai said. If I’m able to, I’ll join. Although I’d like to be in a group that wants to do a small village type build rather than skyscrapers if possible. I like little details, not huge rectangles.

hmm im not so good at building but this sounds fun (and a way to force myself to take a break from mass effect 3 :d)

I have alot of all day shifts at work lately but i’ll try to fit in an hour or two a day around it, so sure i’ll join :smiley:

Will it happen at a set time? Or will the event have a start, then happen over a week or so?

I’m in! I have some extra rules. :stuck_out_tongue:

1st RULE: You do not talk about City Paloza.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about City Paloza.

3rd RULE: If someone says “stop” or goes limp, taps out, the build is over.

4th RULE: Only five guys to a city.

5th RULE: One city at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes, no TNT.

7th RULE: Cities will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at City Paloza, you HAVE to BUILD.

lolololol :smiley:

Once you’re in your groups that I set up, you are all free and ready to discuss your group plans for your designated spots that I have already setup for you guys. As for the village thing, you better hope that somebody else in your group has similar interest in doing more of a suburban kind of place. It honestly does not matter if it’s a city with skyscrapers, an urban ghetto, a mansion filled town, as long as you and your group have come to similar conclusions and final plans

Hello everyone! Just lil 'ol me, bumping this thread!

Also to those of you who are already signed up, or thinking about signing up, the assigning of teams has been moved to September 7th!

That is all for now ^-^

Bumping again! So far there’s a total of 9 participants. Cmon guys, if we get 3 or 6 more participants your teams can be divided into 4 or 5 people per team. Get your friends to view this topic and request to join ;D

Im down.

I’m in as well but I don’t belive I can get on whan all the prople from the US are on because of my time zone. But if they get on at like 3 or 4 pm than It could be done.

Time zones will be at best considered as it can get.

Hey guys, so Its just an hour before it becomes September 9th, the last day to sign up for this event. This is the last call for anybody who would wish to sign up. The teams will be posted on this topic in approximately 18-20 from now. The reason why they will be posted on the late side is that I will be stuck on my university campus due to some personal conflicts and won’t be home till late. I can’t wait to finally get started on things and I hope everybody is excited for this just as much as I am :slight_smile: