Mob removal out of the Creative Map

Dear All,

As some of you are aware, over the past few days, I, xQT, and my associates Gordo, Tot and many others have been working on a mega project concerning the moving of primarily panda’s, but later polar bears too, from their natural spawn locations in the creative map, to my city.

The railroad constructed by @jmvvana under my request was the longest in recorded PCB history. A total of 25 panda’s were transported over 12000 blocks by rail. This alone took several hours, ensuring the panda’s had a safe trip. Details about this can be found in the historic Panda Express post: The Project City Build Panda Express

These 25 panda’s were the last living panda’s in the PCB creative map, except for one specimen located at Exploitation Site Delta that was awaiting approval from Pete. During the journey, we lost six panda’s.

Today, unfortunately there was disruption in the Polar Express sorting procedure, another project concerning the transportation of 28 polar bears, which too took over 14 hours. Due to this issue, attention was called to Senior Staff to assist is recovering a lost assest. Only then, as it came to the attention of @Mannriah, it was decided that all mobs should be removed from the map.

Less than 10 minutes later, all mobs were killed, including our prized collection of:
3 grandpa pandas, 2 snotty ones, 1 tonguey one, 1 brown one (rarest mob in the game) and 18 regular ones. 28 polar bears. 21 villagers. 1 Iron golem. 3 parrots. 1 ocelot. 1 cat.

I, and my hardworking friends and longtime players of the PCB community, understand that mobs were not intended to be in the creative map. We understand that they we’re not intended to be there. But please hear me out.

Together, 8 players and I worked over 32 hours, days and nights, to transport these mobs. This process was sanctioned and even supported by multiple staff members, including but not limited to Fili, Joe, Matt and Vex. At no point in the journey were we even warned that these mobs might be removed.

To counter concerns about lag; these mobs were not breedable. It is a limited amount of entities that would never expand, only shrink. They pose no threat to the stability of the server.

Again, I understand that they were not intended to be there. But I hope you also understand they did no harm. Instead, Id like to argue they added to the game. Images of the panda’s taken right before they were forcefully removed show how they add to my oriental, Chinese inspired build’s surrounding bamboo gardens:

(https://imgur.com/a/1HmF8FU)

To get to the point, I would like to ask staff to return certain mobs back to the game. Given the arguments provided above, I hope you will consider this. We are open to talk about what mobs, in what capacity, where and with what restrictions. We understand the server has rules and needs to be managed strictly. But I hope we can meet eachother halfway, and I’m calling on your empathy towards us, and our countless hours spent trying to secure this, and then seeing it all being taken away in minutes, not even a day after it had been completed, without any warning or negatiation.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
xQT and associates
QTINC Wildlife Exploitation Services

5 Likes

Yeah I lost the pig that lived in my restaurant called Porky’s. His name was Porky and I came to find his porkchops lying on the floor. The rainbow sheep in my little rave room also all died. :frowning:

3 Likes

Can relate, I’m pretty annoyed about this. I have also lost 2 Llamas and Obama the emperor Guardian, there was no lag coming from any of the mobs? Can we at least have an explanation to why you decided to remove mobs? Did it really need to happen?, it’s kind of like grief, the islands me and my friend have been terraforming for like a month now were centered around an emperor Guardian and guess what! it got removed! :weary:

3 Likes

Hey everyone, I understand your disappointment and upset at the moment and would like to apologise for not handling this issue to the best of our abilities. We are only humans and try our best to deal with each issue as it arises.

The overall Issue is currently being discussed and we will get back to you when we have a result.

2 Likes

We’ve had a staff discussion about this and we’ve decided:

• Any mobs which were removed by the mob /butcher-ing will be replaced (if they haven’t already)
  • The rules on entities in Creative have been clarified to say that killing mobs that clearly belong to someone is griefing, and we’ll replace them if there’s evidence this happened (i.e. the enclosure they were in got broken into). If you want to make sure your mobs are protected, put them in an enclosure that means someone would have to break blocks to get to them, that way we can tell who killed them

We’re sorry for the poor communication about this, we’re making some changes internally to make sure something like this doesn’t happen again.

6 Likes