How Can The Server Improve?

Why does Donator have Deathchest but Trusted does not? I have always wanted one, but I don’t have one. I would think adding Deathchest to Trusted would be a nice perk as well.

with this somewhat derailed from the original thing,

heres my “story”

I never was a “member” since i didnt have premium until i was classic op/sop so i was promoted directly to trusted. and honestly i cant get on classic no matter what. so you might as well demote me in classic and keep or remove my trusted rank.

As i see it, I have no use for /tp. the exception is if im helping someone or someone wants me to come to them. Also i was unaware of the /tp rules. But i have never abused it as i normally forget its there.

I always have been confused why donator was higher than trusted on the “tree” but never paid any attention to it as i was raised not to question authority. Now that we are questioning it, what are the differenced between member -> trusted -> donator?

the way i see it is
member -> trusted: you get /fly, /tp, about 5-6 homes, you get a tealish name, change your name and /tppos
trusted -> donator: you get spawn eggs (not a huge perk as you can buy them), you get a green name (also not huge), and a death chest

But now Member -> donator is where the problem is.

member: basic commands, No /tp, cant change your name, i dont think they have access to /tppos, and no death chest.
member -> donator most donators were/are members: green name, death chest, /fly, /tppos, and /tp

Theres that huge gap between donator and member. I think if new donators didnt get /tp and/or /tppos it wouldnt be much of an issue.

theres my .02c

Now something else. Those are the market rules:

The rules for shops are as follows:

1. One shop per person
  2. You must not build outside the shop.
  3. You can change the colours/materials of the walls, floors and ceiling, but you can not remove them. (The ceiling must remain at the same height, the shop area must stay 9x15 blocks)
  4. If you do not develop your plot within a week of claiming it, the shop will be removed
  5. Keep your shops stocked! Out of stock shops are just as bad as empty shops.
  6. Shop signs outside the shop must be no bigger than 5x3 blocks
  7. Do not extend the size of your shop. Do not build an extension out the back, or build overhanging ceilings along the front of your shop
  8. Do not join shops. You must not destroy the walls between shops. You can link them with doors, but the wall must remain intact.
  9. Put your name at the front of your shop. We need to know who owns it!

Can we remove rule N8, I feel it would be more interesting to be able to remove the walls if you share a shop and wish to make a mall with a fellow player. Especially considering this rule is not really followed anymore.

Second, rule N6, changing the sign from 5X3 to 11x3, this will give the players far more opportunity to customise their shops.

Those are not really radical, it would just be legalising stuff that have been happening in the market for quite a while. Read the rules and look around the market, you’ll see that expectations differ from the reality. Yet I believe our market looks great, we just need to loosen the rules a bit.

• Get rid of a few shops to make space, we will relatively soon be out of shops.

I had a similar idea, although that would be Town owned markets. These would be locations in which town owners could pay the server a large sum of money in order to allow players to create custom shops and stores outside of the market.

Please… can we have shops outside of the market. Maybe a small fine to make shops outside of the market so there’s no MEGA MEGA Stores.

Oh! And have the nether map synced to the 1.7 world and not the 1.6 world as it currently is now.
Honestly, those 2 things should be implemented and they really are not that hard.

Spec was working on outside the market shops. He is traveling back home now, so he could not implement/finish the changes for the shops. Let’s let him handle that. He probably needs a vacation after his vacation!

A few things:

Donators and Trusted are the same rank. They both have tp and fly, which is the main point of the ranks. The only difference commands wise is death chests. That is why donator is higher on the rank tree than trusted, because of that addition.
Once again, they are the exact same rank in terms of how we view them in game. Actually donator is seen lower than trusted in staff apps. But you can’t put a rank higher in the tree if another rank has more permissions.

With the market, Rule 8 is very flexible. I would consider a hole in the wall which covered all but the 2 blocks on the edge a door. The rule does not say what size the door has to be, as long as the wall isn’t completely removed.

As Kyle said, spec is working on shops outside of the market. The rules will be something along the lines of no bigger than the market shops and a large fee, as well as all shops in 1 town having to be in the same area.

I feel rewarded to have the trusted rank and I am sorry if I abused my tping privileges before. I forgot there was rules my bad. Also I see trusted and donator as the same but trusted has earned their rank while donator had bought their powers. Being donator is not bad thing we need the money to keep the server running and with all the new people joining then we need to make donator more appealing.

honestly i had no clue there were tping rules…i just hardly tp at all

Well lads, what about some sort of trade thread? As in, you could have a single thread everyone replies to pinned somewhere, for stuff like selling some super cool set of items for a specific enchanted weapon or something, I dunno, just something that provides somewhere to sell unique items cause the market aint good for that.

More Suggestions!

The events page is a bit confusing with times… The ‘Mob Gauntlet’ event takes place at 12:00 am (GMT) which could be either noon or midnight. My suggestion is that if the time is equal to 12:00 AM/PM in any time zone, 1 minute should be added. Or use the 24 hour clock instead.

it is generally accepted that 12am = midnight and 12pm = noon

Yeah but some people think that PM = night and AM= day. Using 24h clock would be much easier…

Unless you are new to using the 12-hour clock [size=x-small](I guess that’s what it’s called?) then I doubt that you could easily forget which is which. [size=x-small](12:00 AM is midnight, and 12:00 PM is noon; also, I am just assuming that you meant 12:00 AM and 12:00 PM, as you didn’t specify.)

I have some more ideas:

(old post) -[size=1em] /a a different color (&b)

[size=1em]also:

[ul][li][size=1em]When the server gets more people, give staff a different chat color, so people might listen better[/li]
[li][size=1em]Make the new creative map ASAP[/li]
[li][size=1em]Remove the old survival map[/li]
[li][size=1em]Rename the current survival map to “Survival”[/li]
[li][size=1em]Fix the “report player” button[/li][/ul]
[size=1em]Well thats basically it…

It’d be brilliant if tpa was for members.

For non-staff who want to TP directly to a player, I wish also for a /tpaccept or /tpdeny. Members should also be able to do a /tprequest also. Hero chat would also be beautiful. Oh and boats, maybe, idk. I’d like to be able to use boats, just make rules around destroying them after use or something so lag isn’t generated.

Yeah, have we even checked recently if boats still cause lag?

This is just for organization…

Have any PCB related server ips listed either on the main page or in an other server page in server info subsection.

Done
http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?topic=7157.0