Help with my new server

Hell no redstone host!
CONS:

• Crappy support
  • Crashes
  • Periodically sell someone’s IP to another user, even if rent is still being paid
    PRO:
  • Cheap

Honestly, I don’t think you should be going down the path of rented servers at this point. Just set up Bukkit on your computer and run it there.

To be honest, if its this hard for you when it comes to just the basics… Don’t make a server at all.

Look Hard I know i’m not the best but dude I’m not the worst too and I have faith in my self that I’m gonna have atleast a server with: essentials, worldedit and the plugin for Mod,Member…
And you or my mom or anybody can’t stop me for exploring the unknown.
So there!!!

P.S. I alredy have a working serv but just some plugins don’t work!!!

Bolje, when I got into Bukkit server hosting, I was a bit overwhelmed by all the different stuff at first as well. However, once you start working your way through it, expirimenting, and researching, it all becomes really easy and simple (bukkit, plugins, installations, hosting, etc).

However, I would suggest you look up a proper tutorial, (or wait till sipjca makes one). This method of asking and waiting for an answer gets complicated and confusing quickly, as everyone does things a bit differently and things might not match up.

There are lots of tutorials on youtube, and the Bukkit wiki has lots of good information.

Wish you luck.

Ty goof your the most help of all.

Indeed, goof’s advice is solid. I really must apologize for my own reluctance to help. It’s true I don’t usually know much about setting up a server from scratch though. I, like many others, follow online guides or experiment on my own.

“This method of asking and waiting for an answer gets complicated and confusing quickly, as everyone does things a bit differently and things might not match up.”

This is basically the same way I felt. Asking for advice on general opinions is good, but asking for us to do it all for you is a bit much. We can give suggestions and answer some questions, but much of it could have been better answered with a Google search.

This was unnecessary hard.

Hey, I was being honest.

Yeah, tact is not Hard’s specialty. I understood the sentiment, even if it was harsh. Just remember bolje, Hard is hard.

Bolje, I haven’t had a chance to look at the server, I’ve been really busy. I’ll let you know ASAP.

No need goof everything working but I got another question for you guys how to instal a advanture map like SkyBlock on my serv?

Ok thats a simple one bol, what you need to do it;
Move the map into your server files (unzip it if its in a zip format) and place the separate folders for main world, nether and end if required.
Once thats done, you need to edit your server.properties file and change the ‘map name’ to exactly what the folder is called containing your map (copy and paste the name in there.
Should sort it out

I know this whil sound noobish but how do I forgot how do you unzip a file pls. :stuck_out_tongue:

Use winrar, or winzip, or any other program you can find to do it.
Personally I use winrar, its kind of free, but moans at you for not buying it often

than I alredy did it ty.

Alright, that’s good. I’m really sorry I couldn’t get to it, I’ve been swamped with stuff. Also, yeah, as fatso said, Winrar should work. It’s my favorite.

It shloud but it doesn’t do you mind goof if I send you my files the skyblock dual and you put the stuff in there now and send it back?

Yeah, that’s fine. Go ahead and send it.

Ok goof did you do anything else but change the name on the server properties cause whean I wana load a nother map it doesn’t work pls reply soon anyone.