FTB Infinity+16 Installation Guide! (Deprecated)

First Time doing this? Look below. (There is a separate one for others who have done this before now, just look further down).

If you have not yet downloaded the launcher for FTB, download it here.

Open the launcher, go to the options tab and make sure you have at minimum 2GB of RAM allocated to FTB. You shouldn’t need to use more than 4GB.

3. Go back to the FTB Modpack tab (when you open the launcher it goes here by default), find the FTB Infinity 1.7 and make sure it is selected. Now look beside “Download Server” and there should be a button you can press that says “Recommended”. Clicking this will bring down a list of other possible versions, select 1.11.2

4. Click launch and wait for the game to boot up. Once it has finally booted up, quit the game.

5. Now find where all of the files have downloaded and installed to.

A quick easy way to do this is either:
a.
Open up the launcher.
Click the options tab
Where it says “Install folder” will be where the files have been installed to.
Follow the pathing to get to the files.

or

b.
Open up the launcher.
Make sure you have FTB Infinity 1.7 selected and click “Edit Mod Pack” it is right beside the “Download Server” button.
After you click the “Edit Mod Pack” Button a new tab will pop up and at the bottom left corner it says “Open Folder”.
Click it and it will take you straight to the mods folder for FTB Infinity.
At the top it the pathing should be something like:
FTB -> FTBInfinity -> minecraft -> mods
Click minecraft and it will take you to the rest of the files you’ve downloaded.

6. Download [size=1em]this file.
In the FTB Infinity minecraft folder (the files you downloaded), delete these folders: Configs, Mods.
Now from the files you just downloaded, drag and drop the new Configs and Mods folder into the same place where the originals were.

7. Exit out and boot up the launcher. Click launch and wait for minecraft to boot up. If it boots up properly, you’ve got it!

8. Click multiplayer and add in the server IP 63.141.245.210:25533 and then join the server and play!

If you have any questions or issues please feel free to post below or bug myself, Crass, or Kyle. (You can probably ask Fatso to, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind).

[b]Done this before? Look here.

1.[/b] Open up the launcher. Go to the options Tab, click “Force Update.” Now go back over to the mod pack list. Change the version you have of Infinity to 1.11.2, then click launch. Once it finishes downloading and boots up to the title screen, close minecraft.

2. Download the Mods and Configs here. Swap out the the Mods and Configs folder in FTB with the ones that were provided in this step. (If you forget how to do this read step 5). Then open up the launcher and click launch.

3. You should be ready to play FTB again, have fun! :slight_smile:

YAY a new FTB! me and maybe Nate will try to install this one. hopefully it will be a bit easier ::slight_smile:

aw yea!!! :smiley: I love Hexxit, so FTB will be just as awesome. Even more awesome with this epic community!

[glow=green,2,300]-Anty_MC[/glow]

I got on the server fine but about a week later i tried getting on and it says “The following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.whitestone” I have not changed anything and it just appeared.
plz help

Seems the problem is caused because of April Fools. If you change your date to the next day you should be able to get on. (Tested this myself may take a few tries).

there goes 6 hours of my life i wont get back

Server has been updated. The installation post has been updated. Have fun!

Well, this took forever.

Depending on your download speeds, and competence with a computer, it can take some time.

Currently updating FTB for those who still care about FTB. At the moment I’m downloading the map and then most likely will have to upload it back. BECAUSE MODDED WORLDS ARE CRUEL. Anyways, should be done by tomorrow, depends on if this goes smoothly or not.

[s]Update:

It isn’t going smoothly. Going to eat, then go rant and rage at FTB for a while.

[/s]Nope, I’m done for the day/night. I won’t be around tomorrow [Monday], so I won’t be able to finish this. Sorry.

I fixed it for ya Sacred! Problem was not too bad. Just needed to replace and rename the forgemod files with the very ones you had. “FTBServer-1.7.10-1395.jar” was the correct one. Funny thing is, MCMA wants this renamed to something it recognizes. So, named it forgemod and ftbserver. Not sure if both “copies” are needed, but it does not hurt to have a copy it does not use.

Posting user files now.
Look at the main post now.

Apparently forge is outdated?

Updated the installation thread. Enjoy and have fun!

Sidenote, thank you Kyle for getting that fixed for me, I really appreciate it!

Updated thread. Many versions updated. Took most of the day. Server should be up tonight, but still uploading map atm.

Same map or a new one?

I’m not sure if its just me but as soon as I open up a world the NEI inventory opens and i cant get out of it.

Same map… or not?

Seems I have the menu bug too. Think its cause we removed a GUI thing we thought was not needed. Working on it. Found the issue. It’s “NotEnoughKeys” mod. delete that one. It was meant to make keybinding easier, but it is broken.

Server is up, but with a new map for the moment. I don’t know if I intend to keep this map, but I need sleep.

Will try to get the old map up again later.

I for one would be in favour of a map reset, it’s been so long since FTB was active… I for one have forgotten wth I was doing before.

It might be easier if you pick a normal pack without all the add ons so you can update faster and get newer stuff
If you guys don’t wanna start over you can also come see the server I am at. I can whitelist you guys