Forum Maintenance

How long did you wait for the server statuses? Sometimes it can take up to about 15 seconds at heavy load.

This post is to test the quick reply and to say, good job Andy!

I kind of cheated a little (a lot) to see what changes you did. I am still a bit confused as to what that +14 is by your rep. Leo has +38. I see that is his actual reputation, not his power level. Is it just the two right digits of their reputation points? I can see why that would be nice. People can see how close they are to the next level. How did you do it?

Correct! I had to manually code that myself since there was no option.

Stop forum spam button. Also andy check your messages

God dammit, I was finally a HERO MEMBER!! D: It feels better than wolf… something whatever it was… :<

but those were the default forum post rankings :confused:

It seems people have two ranks now. The one based on # of posts such as andy’s Mob Murderer ( I changed this to Mob Master, but it did not update). I assume Andy put them in manually.

The second rank is based on your actual reputation points. This means the rank: on will always be behind your bar based rank because it does not account for bonus points. IE, each post counts as two points, so while your at 300 posts with 600 rep points plus bonus, it still goes from the 300.

@Kyle: http://projectcitybuild.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=membergroups;sa=index;e5e0ccf=fd627d7fa638cd24c3c696f1fdfb2afc

Oops, I thought it was 1 point per post hence why each post rank was set at a 100 interval

this sounds great :smiley: i need to find a computer, instead of my psp. also, for psp the forums are quite memory intensive…

This is better especially with the Rank bolded for Mod+, and the self-quote thing actually quoted. IMO would be better if on the right where all that information is displayed there is no space between each different category (is that right…). Also noticed related topics, but maybe better like quick reply where you have to expand it. I have always used quick reply on other forums, but it was always maximized, just made it easier for me because i don’t usually have to insert some kind of odd text or formatting, which isn’t that hard by hand anyway.

Also regarding what Liam just said the load times aren’t the best on mobile, for me not so much the forums as the homepage, but i rarely use that. In fact the forums load as fast on my 3g connection as my home wifi connection, but still obviously not as fast on a real computer with Chrome.

I kept it open for an hour and it wouldnt load

Ok Andy, I have altered the rank: form with a different schematic. Now everyone will get a new rank every 100 posts to a max of 1000.

Perhaps we should alter the rep system to not count posts, only rep received from others? Then it would be a proper rep system. We would need to greatly reduce the values for those ranks. I made it expecting quite a lot of points from posts.

Your call. I’m happy with it either way

often my psp will load the page, then say there is not enough memory, the page will now be displayed with reduced image quality. and some times that still isnt enough.

ithink once the rep system is finalised, we need a post about it in detail, with a brief overview at the end.

I’ll look into a way to provide a phone/low-res version of the forums

Easyest way to do that will just be to somehow remove the pictures of the avatar and the sigs, that will probally take up the most of the ramm in a psp.

and the home background. that would be great :smiley:

Hello everyone,
I have finally gotten around to altering the Rep system again. Now rep will be based on actual points you get from other users. Your rank is based on posts, while rep is based on reputation.

Users gain 1 power for every 20 points. Every user will get a sign up bonus of 20 points to give them 1 power. With that one power, they may give rep to others. If someone gets 40 points of rep, they will have two power and has more influence on reputation.

The bars are based for every 25 points of rep. These are just pretty things, so they don’t matter much.

Altering rep points I modified earlier now…
Ok, I set admins to 100, SOP to 80, senior members to about 60 (varies a bit), and several others around the 30 mark. I do not wish to mod every user, so just did the top posters.

Yaaaaay!!

Yes i have the worst rank