Equality won! <3 <3

So the result have been giving, the Supreme Court of the United States voted YES for marriage equality allow ALL 50 States of America to legalize and giving same-sax couple the same rights as stated in the Constitution for straight couple. I don’t want to advertise or make “gay agenda” but I just want you to express your feeling. It’s such Amazing decision this year. Happy Pride Month.
~Josheraz

This means all states MUST provide marriage to everyone or nobody.

Also some christian guy said he’d burn himself alive if this happened, so that’s gonna be interesting.

Waiting for the LiveLeak post. :3

Yes that will be interesting.

Any who, that’s wonderful they made that decision! I was always a believer of people can love who they want to love…

-RJBud1 :slight_smile:

I’m fine with this, but I think a church should be able to make a decision on who to marry and not the government.

So the LGBTQ community now has the same marriage rights as straight people in the US, right?

@TheInternet - PLEASE stop bitching

I’m sure some (most?) of you know my opinion on this topic, but I’m not gonna be a sore loser about this.

Then again, I’m pretty sure liberals and conservatives alike saw this particular verdict coming, with the direction the Court has been moving in recently. And, I really think that conservatives and fundamentalists shouldn’t get too worked up about it - the Court rules on law but not ethics in general.

To be honest, I would’ve preferred “nobody” over “everyone”.

In all sincerity, do enjoy your marriage equality (seriously, this is not tongue in cheek. A bit hard to emphasize that over the internet). No sort of political bias in either direction can change the fact that this is a landmark verdict. Meanwhile, I gotta run now. There’s a crowd at my front door intending to burn me at the stake on account of hate crime. Ciao~

Ill go get the smores

Woo, double equality whammy.

Government funded schools will now (probably) have to remove laws that discriminate against gay people, as they did with people in inter-racial relationships when that was legalised, or lose their tax exemption.

All on my birthday! I think they knew which day to pick! Congrats to America and Amphi! 8)

Not kidding, I’m 15 nao.

Yes, technically. But people will always perceive them as lesser, which is incredibly sad. Of course, not all people, but you get what I mean. Fuck society, be who you want to be.

On another note, I find this to be incredibly funny: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/24/black-and-christian-pastors-prepare-for-massive-civil-disobedience-if-supreme-court-legalizes-same-sex-marriage/

Well said. Then again, this has always been the case with the Supreme Court - they only pull out the big guns if people will get butthurt. The Court can change the law, but not people’s minds, which is often unfortunate.

Well said again lol

Also, @YoshiBoy13 Check what’s under your forum profile name… :wink:

:slight_smile: So happy for all of my LGBT Friends and Family Members, Congrats to the LGBT community :smiley:

Turns out I made a mistake . It’s not everyone or nobody can get married, as I said earlier. States must allow gay marriage, or ban all forms of marrige, which nullifies ALL past and future marriges in that state. Perhaps option a) is better?

Democrats be like

Oh my god that gif is amazing.

Obama lad.

Yes please, for the latter option. Let’s nullify all past and future marriages.

It would then merely be symbolic. People would then be able to decide what marriage means for themselves, and governments wouldn’t have to make the decision at all. That would have saved a lot of time, debates, and Tumblr posts.

Just a thought.

All joking aside, everyone’s entitled to their own opinions. :3

As for me, I feel that anyone who is part of the LGBT etc. community, congrats, ya made it, so go get hitched. And for those who might feel perhaps offended (if that’s the right word for it) by the passing of this Supreme Court decision, I understand where you’re comin’ from, just smile and put up with it, and everyone’ll get along okay!

Equality won!.. For America!

It is about time for this, America…
Although I am suprised this was passed - 46% of Americans believe in creationism (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/05/americans-believe-in-creationism_n_1571127.html), so I would wager they were devout Christians and so I would have thought they would have though that gay marraige is ‘sinfull’.
(This is coming from an atheist)

I appologies if I have offended anyone by kind of implying that I think that Americans are against gay marraige, but then I from England (probably one of the most racist and steriotyping countries) and an atheist…

Hang on - I got a bit confused, I just assumed that, like Ireland, the people got the vote, but now I have read about it I have realised that it was the government that passed the decision and the general population had little or no influence in it.