[Creative] Metropolis

[size=2em]A fully realistic creative city
Metropolis will be a fully realistic PCB City!

This town will have very stringent zoning and build requirements, to make it as realistic as possible. Any build that goes against these requirements will be removed. ;D
Mayor & Chief Standards Enforcer:
theoctopus

Co-Mayor:
PrinceMark (/cherryred)

Chief Architecture Investigator:
Ouhai_Ruby

Planning Officer:
thejoshua79

Chief Builder Yelleratter:
Penguina

[size=14pt]Builders List:

Apply for Builder

Spoiler

theoctopus
PrinceMark
Ouhai_Ruby
Penguina
thejoshua79
Javi
Piehole314
Buddy_Rich

[size=14pt]Build Guidelines

Spoiler

[size=1.45em]Part 1: Where do I build?

The city is divided into regions, and each of these regions is divided into plots. Plots will be made from a certain colour and material. In one of the corners there will be a pillar of bookshelves with information about the plot. This will be removed once the build has been approved by Mark, octo or Ruby.

The material tells you two things: level and type.

Green plots are residential
Blue plots are commercial

Wool is low class ($)
Clay is middle class ($$)
Ore blocks (emerald and diamond blocks) are upper class ($$$)

Yellow plots are industrial

Wool is heavy industry (eg: chemicals, power stations ect) ()
Clay is manufacturing ()
Gold Block is research based (science stuff) (
)

The four corners of the plot will be an ore block.

Coal ore means you should build a small building (eg: individual shop, house or small factory)
Iron ore means you should build a tall building (eg: a large shop, apartment block or large factory)

Building the wrong thing will put you straight into the “Bad” category.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ZONING SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THEJOSHUA79

Do not build outside of the lines, try to build on them.

At one of the corners there will also be a pillar of bookshelves, giving you some information. It will be set out like this:

Building Type (eg: Small House) $/$$/$$$/*/*/*** (eg: $$) Theme (eg: Beach) Suggestion (eg: arcade)

[size=1.45em]Part 2: What can’t I build?
Do not build city infrastructure without permission from Metro Staff, or on marked plots.

This includes but is not limited to:

[ul][li]Hospitals[/li]
[li]Schools[/li]
[li]Additional roads[/li]
[li]Places of worship[/li][/ul]
If we want one of these to be built we will mark a plot specifically for that. Using that plot for anything else will result in the build being moved or removed. Building these anywhere else will result in the build being moved or removed. If you think an area needs city infrastructure, ask a member of Metro Staff and we will zone an appropriate area.
[size=1.45em]Part 3: What should my build be like?

[ul][li]Your build should not be a box, detail![/li]
[li]For a small building, the entire building must be furnished[/li]
[li]For a large building, at least the ground floor and two additional floors must be furnished[/li]
[li]Use multiple building materials, don’t just make the whole thing out of one material[/li]
[li]The ceilings should always be at least 3 blocks high, for a large building the ground floor must be at least 5 blocks high[/li][/ul]
[size=1.45em]Part 4: What happens once I’ve built?

On the lower sign on the bookshelf, Ruby will put his rating once it has been checked. Here is the rating system:

[size=1.45em]Part 5: Resource Packs

The official Resource Pack is Invictus.
Download | Download shader compatible version

Your building should, however, look good in default! Builds will be judged in default and invictus

[size=14pt]Regions:

Spoiler

BeachSide - BeachSide is Metropolis’ Beach Resort. A large beach, attractive pier and children’s playground make this the perfect place for a holiday.
Building: Government Only
Type: $$-$$$
Theme: Seaside/Beach

The Slums - The Slums are the least attractive part of the city. You have no reason to go their, don’t bother. Entirely populated by banned people. Attractions include “Meth ‘R’ Us”, a Meth Lab, and the STD Clinic
Building: None, in planning phase
Type: $
Theme: Slums/Shitty but not to shitty

Peach Groves - Please do not consider reading unless you have AT LEAST several million in the bank. Consists of extremely expensive mansions. Poor people will not be allowed in
Type: $$$
Theme: Mansions

Downtown Area - The location of most of the city’s skyscrapers, in a nice organised grid. Will also contain some penthouses
Theme: Skyscrapers

Shopping District - The location of most of the city’s shopping
Type: $-$$$
Theme: Old

Old City - The old part of the city, contains many buildings that are old, like really old, even older than your mum.
Theme: Skyscrapers

More regions coming soon!

ill help out and or be a comayor :smiley: great idea

Willing to help build some great builds. Got a few in mind that I think will look really cool! Also I would like to be co mayor or some other role that is quiet high up, chief builder or whatever.

I think you should also view what other builds people have done before you let them build in Metropolis therefore all the builds will look good.

I’d love to help build some modern houses!

I’d love to build some tallish buildings and be city staff!

Looks like a cool, nifty idea and one heck of a project. I’d suggest choosing carefully for a co-mayor since you’ll want someone to work with you who’s just active and understands exactly what precedents you are setting for the city. I think you’re already familiar with my build style and my qualifications so you can put me down on the list of people to interview for co-mayor, but I won’t be offended if you don’t choose me because chances are I’ll be helping in some spark of interest anyway!

OoooOOo might come and help out

I would love to co-own the city. I mean come on I co own Empire the 2nd Largest Creative city for crying out loud. You wont regret it ;D I will help this city become #1 Please consider it ~Jacob

I would love to work on a fire house of two depending on the size of the city. Im a firefighter in real life so i know a thing or two about building that kind of stuff.

Sounds fun, I would love to help! (and co-mayor sounds cool)

I have decided who the comayor will be!

The position of Co-Mayor of Metropolis is…

[glow=orange,2,300]PrinceMark (Cherry)![/glow]

fireworks
applause

Can i build a Gas Station so cars keep rolling?
:wink:

Woooooooo, totally didn’t see that coming. I have also been appointed chief of planning and building swag, so I will be helping in the decision of which buildings get accepted in Metropolis.

Can’t see why not as it is a realistic city, as long as it looks good, but you will have to run it through Octo and Prince first.

If you want an example of what i made, there is one in Acra City

Acra City is one hell of a big place. Coords?

Also it would have to be different from other ones you have built before now, to make it unique

X= 1145 Y= 65 Z= -100

and sure. Why not :smiley:

[size=18pt]Here’s some progress in Metropolis!

Hey AGx, What shader pack is that? I really like it! Also nice work!

A glowing beacon of hope!

#VoteOuhai2015

Pretty sure that’s just a selfie.
On the other hand, Obama’s been taking some in the White House lately…