Books

And let the religious debate begin on a thread just asking about what books you’ve read and what is your personal favorite book is. >_> GG.

I don’t really read that often, but a book I really enjoyed was The Call of Prophecy. It’s a fantasy book that contained a lot of the races you’d expect. x) Dwarves, Elves, Human, Dragons, Etc.

As unlikely as it sounds, I have read parts of the bible, and from what I have read, the final chapter, revelations, is the most interesting to me.

To sum it up quickly, it’s basically Jesus pointing out flaws in people and telling them he will send them to hell if they don’t fix it. It then goes on to predict an apocalypse.
The reason this is interesting is that this chapter goes against the rest of the bible, which says you shall be forgiven for your sins.

Just something to think about.

Aaaand back on topic, the Dune trilogy by Frank Herbert is also an excellent read. I believe it’s the book that the film Avatar was based on. I will say, however, the book is a very difficult read. Not something you can just pick up for 5 minutes while you wait for a bus, you have to actually give it some time and effort for it to really make sense.

kind of. He is telling the people that they have sinned and will go to hell… BUT! he died on the cross so that all we have to do is believe that he died and ask him into our hearts. its sad how people think it is so hard to get into heaven but there is only on way through Christ. not by good works or needing to be baptized at birth.

The Bible is jam Packed! of really awesome real life stories! even if you do not believe in Christ read it it has amazing stories about, a man who built a ark when the whole earth flooded over, a man who was thrown in a lions den but was saved by God esc. esc.

Dammit kyle, beat me to it. I just read the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti monster, and it was hilarious having semi-read the bible once.

From a completely “I dont know if god exists or not, and either way I dont care” point of view, this book is actually pretty good. I mean sure, to most its the biggest fact book ever, and to others its a piece of fiction, but i’ll be damned if it aint a good read. Can’t say i’ve read it all, and I can’t say I agree with everything it says, but come on, it can’t be a bad book if its inspired a pretty damn big religion. I could turn this into a huge debate on religious tolerance but shit lets talk about books.

Metro 2033 is pretty good, I’ve not even played the game but the whole post apocalyptic but its not really as bad as it sounds but it still is pretty bad cause we all live underground is quite interesting. Metro 2034 isn’t as good but I’ve not finished it yet so hey, lets hope the end proves me wrong.

Lets not talk about religion.

so who here agrees with the current politics and society in general?

Lets not talk about the current politics and society in general.

so who about them books guys, got another good read for you all, ender’s game. I have no idea how the movie is but the book is pretty damn good. It’s worth a read.

The movie isn’t anything special, but i want to read the book at some point or another.

If you are looking for a light and child friendly book, read how about Fifty Shades Of Grey.
I have not read it myself but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

I hope you never have children, for their sake.

Penguina… Did you just say Fifty Shades of Gray is child friendly?!?

Watch the movie if you can’t access the book.

Ahaha,The movie will be great for the kids to sit and watch… xD

It’s not for everyone, and while I did not like it, I would not say it’s a bad book.

Just because i book isn’t interesting to you doesn’t mean its a bad book. I once read a book called noughts and crosses. Personally I think its a great read and I suggest it to you all. However i have a friend that hates it so yanno.

Yep, that’s what I mean.

I prefer spaghetti over Jam in my literature.

Okay, I will allow THIS spaghetti related joke.

Anyway, I really should not have gone on about religion. Just having some fun there. A book series I really loved was by Naomi Novac. The Temeraire series is a historical fiction around the time of the Napoleonic wars. The major change is that dragons are a native species on earth. They are varying levels of intelligent. The main character is a captain of a ship that captures a French vessel. It was transporting an egg meant for Napoleon himself, but it hatches and attaches to the main character.

Of course this changes his life greatly and sadly ends his career as a navel captain. He serves Brittan in a different way now. The Air Force!
http://www.naominovik.com/temeraire/

What are you into i guess. I have some series i liked and recently finished (about 600 pages per book) and its about wizards, clans, street gangs, nobles, war, fighting. It takes place before plate armor was invented.

the book series is call The Seven Realms

You might want to read something about it first though. Im a horrid explainer.

Wiki explanation: The Seven Realms is a fictional series of four novels written by American author Cinda Williams Chima. The series is high fantasy, set in the Queendom of the Fells, a traditional fantasy world of medieval technology, swordplay, castles, and keeps.

Synopsis: When 17-year-old Han Alister encountered three underage wizards setting fire to the sacred mountain of Hanalea, he had no idea that the event would precipitate a cascade of disasters that would threaten everything he cared about. To prevent the wizard Micah Bayar from using a magical amulet against him, Han steals it from the wizard during a skirmish. Later, Han learns that the amulet has an evil history. Han discovers that the amulet once belonged to the Demon King, the evil wizard who nearly destroyed the world a millennium ago. Now, the wizards will stop at nothing to get their amulet back.

Meanwhile, Princess Raisa ana’Marianna has her own battles to fight. After spending three years of freedom with her father’s family at Demonai Camp, by riding, hunting, and working at the famous Clan markets, the heir to the Gray Wolf throne of the Fells learns that her life is going to completely change. Court life in Fellsmarch pinches like a pair of tight shoes and Raisa feels like a cage is closing in around her. However, an arranged marriage and an eroded inheritance are the least of her struggles, as the power of the Wizard Council is growing and her people are starving and close to starting a rebellion.

Even though both Han and Raisa come from different backgrounds, they wind up intermingled in a race to keep the balance of the Kingdom and to save Fellsmarch.

Also from wiki :stuck_out_tongue:

Also sorry for the minor bump.

High fantasy would exactly be my cup of tea, with the exception of Tolkien.

Low fantasy all the way, son. 8)