AirstarAirways - 11th of January, 2016

[html]

Minecraft Username AirstarAirways

Date of Ban 11th of January, 2016
Server Survival/Creative
Banned by PrinceMark

Reason for Ban Misunderstanding (once again) with the autoclicker.

Accused of lagging the server even after madant proved that the 3rd party Windows application doesn’t affect me as a player.

Reason to be Unbanned This whole subject should be clarified here. The autoclicker works like this:

It provides the same input signal as a normal mouse. Even with this application, the Minecraft placing and breaking delays are the same. It simulates spam clicking without me killing my mouse.

Madant, could you please clarify anything I’ve missed?

[ Ban History ] 4 other ban appeals found
7th of January, 2016

7th of January, 2016

21st of December, 2015

15th of December, 2015

[ ! ] Do not post unless you are in someway involved in this matter.
[ !! ] Do not edit this post or the formatting will break.
[/html]

@madant79 <= Forgot to tag

EDIT: PrinceMark later mentioned that this was a group ban. Scroll down to his posts for details.

You have also been using actual 100% hacks. Yesterday I warned you about using a nuker (similar to worldedit’s superpick, but no server perms required). I didn’t ban you at the time, as it was just a warning. I have since found out that you were warned before that by wooly, but were still using it.

Care to explain that?

I was not using a hacked client just now. Yesterday was a mistake, as I switched between here and my local personal server with a hacked client, forgetting I was on PCB after being AFK.

The reason that I recommended that you had just been banned was that I found out that wooly already warned you about using the nuker hack BEFORE I did.

The fact of the matter is if enough of us Staff are not okay with you using this, you should listen to them in the first place. Using this does indeed give you an advantage to other players since nobody should have Worldedit, and this comes very slightly close to it.

You’ve been warned a few times now, we’ve caught you using it even after you were warned not to. You also went against your original temp ban contract with VRA and loophole’d out of it by asking for further permission to use it from a staff who was uninvolved in your previous ban. I think it’s very selfish of you to argue reasons why you should be allowed to do it cause unlike anyone else thats an active part of the community we dont rely on client hacks like the ones you use and it’s not fair at all to everyone else who works diligently and puts a lot of effort into their builds. We’ve had it with your entitlement and your sass towards the Staff team as well as other players and you need to be aware that we will not let this continue to happen. Attitudes better change and you also need luck convincing myself, Octo, Wolfy, Marco and Wooly19 for why we should unban you. It was not my sole decision to ban, it was a group decision by the way which you failed to mention in your appeal.

Personally I don’t think things like this should be allowed for the pure fact is people aren’t allowed World edit and are told to do things by hand so mods like this are in fact an unfair advantage to those who do not have it, therefore I don’t believe we should allow things like this on the server any longer. (also you have caused nothing but problems by using it and continued to use it even after several warnings and even being told to stop) Personally I think we have give you to many chances to redeem yourself of which you have blown therefore I would be against unbanning you. Ignoring staff warnings and staff instruction will NOT be tolerated under any circumstance

cheers
wooly19

I have seen you hacking aswell, after you were warned. In other words, you have been ignoring staff’s instructions which is not acceptable. I don’t have much time to type this right now, but for reasons stated above, I’d be against unbanning you.

I honestly didn’t recall that warning. As I previously stated, I had switched between my personal server where I use nuker to clear mountains so that the mountains maintain a more natural shape and PCB. I went to the bathroom for about a minute and forgot I was on PCB. I used the nuker and relogged with a vanilla client. I continue to use the autoclicker as @madant79 investigated the tool and determined it doesn’t cause server lag.

I never “loopholed” through anything. I spoke to @twan961 who had banned me one night and he took the subject to @madant79. After being pardoned, @madant79 and I had a conversation regarding this autoclicker and the effects it has on the server.

As for my “entitlement”, I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say by that. I’ve had no “sassy” statements - I clearly asked for you to talk to @madant79 as he can better explain the conversation.

The autoclicker also does not modify the client in any way, it acts the same way as if you’re spamclicking your mouse.

If you don’t believe me, try it out yourself. Bind it to a key that is easily accessible and try it before blaming server lag on me. It’s only a trial version, but the full program is $5. http://goo.gl/1SUra

I saw you using the nuker on PCB for an extended period of time yesterday, as did wooly when he warned you earlier. You only relogged when I told you to after warning you for what I believed to be the first time. I learnt earlier today that you at previously been told not to use the nuker hack. Personally, I don’t really care about the autoclicker, but the fact that you continued to use the nuker after wooly warned you greatly annoys me.

telling us to “try it out” doesnt really fight your case very well. its the fact youve been warned by staff to stop using it and the excuse of going to the toilet is pretty lame and its been used before. we’re not saying that it causes lag we’re saying that you ignored staff on more than one occassion and that its unfair to other users and that you also abused the extra chances we have granted you i dont believe that you should be unbanned unless you have a pretty good reason for why we should unban you.

I honestly don’t recall wooly’s warning. Could you specify when it was issued? I’m genuinely unaware.

I don’t see how the autoclicker is unfair, it just simulates mouse clicks in the form of spamming.

From the website:

Auto Clicker Software Download for Automatically clicking Left Mouse Button with Keyboard Shortcut.

it doesnt matter when any warning was issued its the fact you went against them thats the problem. you’re really not arguing your case to well here and all you seem to be doing is telling us what auto clicker does ( HINT: we already know :wink: ) and telling us why we should use it and not actually telling us why we should unban you from our server. That’s what an appeal is. so please cut the bullshit excuses and simply appeal your case

Hello,
With regards to the autoclicker, multiple staff in-game have okay-ed its use. Plus, if it isnt used in survival, what’s the problem? Its not fair? Life isnt fair!
Regarding hacks, I dont know. All I can say is, from what I have seen Airstar has only done good with what he uses. An autoclicker does no harm.

Please refrain from posting in an appeal unless you are in some way involved

I feel that I am involved.
For starters, I was there for several of the previous bans.
Secondly, I am usually in Airstar’s general vicinity (In NH)
Despite the fact that I was not on the moment of the ban I feel I have seen enough to know the autoclicker was approved by at least one staff member. 99% likely more than one.

Well here goes,

People don’t seem to understand why I constantly use the autoclicker to build. It’s not to outdo anyone’s builds, but just for me to be able to build at a faster rate so that I don’t waste hours on end on a short stretch of road/highway.

I enjoy building on PCB, but my works just aren’t appreciated. The end justifies the means. That is, my builds, as magnificent or ugly as they may be, should be viewed as artwork and the autoclicking or faster building shouldn’t be criticized. I just enjoy playing Minecraft - I’m not here to outdo anyone else. I play on PCB because I enjoy the community and the surrounding builds. PCB helps me visualize real-world architecture, artwork, etc. in a block game in a way I personally couldn’t have imagined. I hope you understand that I cannot stress enough how much I care whether I am part of this community or not. Everyday, I look forward to spending time on the server from the moment I wake up. It’s not just a passion anymore, it’s an obsession.

When I use these methods of faster building, it’s because I want to finish the projects I’ve layed forth for myself. I have no malicious intent towards the server, it’s community, or anything related to PCB’s network.

I just want to play and contribute to PCB and allow others to see my builds and for me to see others’ builds.

Please, I just love PCB. I mean no harm.

auto clickers by a vast majority of staff are seen as an unfair advantage to other users as tools such as World Edit is strictly limited and an auto clicker is not far off being similar to World Edit.

What i want to know is why did you abuse the extra chances to redeem yourself that my colleagues on the staff team had granted you and why did you ignore staff instruction on several occassions. Please explain

I abused the extra chances because I want to finish that damn highway that I’ve been trying to finish since the dawn of time. I use the “unfair advantages” because I don’t want to constantly bother staff. I used to constantly ask for Worldedit favors - to the extent that staff got tired of helping me with Worldedit. I took matters into my own hands and downloaded the autoclicker to speed things up. I never imagined that it would backfire to this degree.

Just tell me, what would you like me to do from this point onwards?

I personally don’t want to see you unbanned due to the abuse of the extra chances we have given you and sheer ignorance shown by not following a simple instruction. But seeing as I wasn’t the one who banned you and all I have done is inspect every detail of the case and finally get to the main point I think this is up for a staff discussion to decided your fate.

If for some miracle on your part that you are unbanned, I DO NOT want to see you using an auto clicker again on this server and this is what I believe will be your final chance so DO NOT fuck up, otherwise you might as well move into a little shack in the middle of Mexico and change your name to Juan because in the words of Liam Neeson “I will find you and I will kill you.”