A Proposition

Some Universities are getting out right about now. The last of schools should be finishing within a month or less for the most part. I have heard finals are this week for some schools.

School is done for most people. There is still school for some though.

Lol im takig finals as i speak, just finished honors alg 2

Nek, If you don’t trust us, why are we even OPs? This is supposed to be a rank for those that have proven themselves. We do have world edit on the lobby map last I checked. We could also que the results from Hard’s W.E. test thread to determine who can get it. Instead of just saying “SOP+”.

Bro its in the admin bOard, it was moved

Personally, I just lost interest in minecraft in general, then I have exams in the next month or so. On top of that, I’ve been having to organise all of the university applications and such.

Nek, If you don't trust us, why are we even OPs? This is supposed to be a rank for those that have proven themselves.
Yes. But no. All staff can be trusted to keep the server running smoothly, dealing with greifers etc, but World Edit isn't needed for that at all is it? Sure, it might be nice for building in creative, but it is extremely easy to fuck up. For example, you may think you've set two points in a small area, but without realising it one did not set, so you use //set and do something across a huge amount of map (I believe that is what happened with Hard's wood platform incident.) I've done it myself on a small scale.

In summary, you don’t particularly need it, and it goes wrong easily. The more people that have it, the higher the chance of it being fucked up.

I agree with Liam and when people get annoyed with each other and start world editing in towns things can go wrong badly

honestly, for me the biggest deal breaker would not being able to change the Weather,

As ive stated before, the weather really effs up my computer, (with Optifine i might add), and makes it altogether unenjoyable for me to play.

Just throwing it out there, maybe that should be something the Ops could keep? that would be nice

I’m fine with this, as my computer also f’s itself when it rains. Adding to the world edit point, if something needs doing with it, message me. I’m usually able to join for a few minutes if needed, or I can try my best to get on asap.

see now… Issue… We were told that if we wanted world edit that we would have to download it for singleplayer, or get access to it on another server for practice. Once we had had enough practice, we would get it. I personally believe that the people that have practiced should get a true chance to redeem ourselves. I mean, in the past 2 years, we hae asked many times for world edit, if Only for creative… Which we asked for. We were told ask for permissions and it would be considered. Most sop+ hqve forgotten what ts like not to have permissions, as when they were mods and ops, they had tue same permissions.

If you catch me online and ask me I’ll throw together a test in the lobby for you. I’ll post results in the staff section so a select few who are capable can get it. Dunno if that’ll be just creative or survival too, that’s up to spec.

No world edit in Survivial,that defeats the purpose of the game type :stuck_out_tongue: . But Creative is useful :slight_smile: .

ouhai just gave me a basics of WE tour, ill be practicing as soon as my tree is done.

When it is done, ive asked Ouhai if it would be possible to have it Transfered as a possible Spawn Center for the new map. I honestly think its about time to have a different spawn type. Im getting kinda sick of the Harbor type…

I like the harbour style as its kind of like how you arrived at the server. “You arrive at a strange land by ship.” That kind of thing. But perhaps you are right. We could keep it similar but different by doing airships perhaps, with a lake to jump into below.

Steampunk is also a good spawn area since it already has all the facilities

Or we do something new and unique. Sorry Yomi, I just can’t see Steampunk as a spawn. Perhaps we allow people to build spawns (On personal servers/maps) and submit them? People could work as teams and work together to build something. This gives me and Sacred the chance to amaze PCB with our skills that we put to use when we made another servers spawn.

thats not a bad idea, actually.

Snowpine should be the server’s spawn :stuck_out_tongue: It’s a good example of a town in survival, it’s well built, looks nice, and many people from the server have contributed to it.

Totally down for new maps. Creative has been due for like 3-4 updates now that I think about it. For Survival I like the idea of one map having economy and and another map not having it. It gives the crowd of people who feel like they have to work for everything a greater sense to strive to get more things on their own without the help of marts and such.

i like the idea, i also think about the extra effort that Special,_andy, and Sip will have to go through, and now Nek will have to make a new set of rules for everything relating to the seprate maps. Staff will have a new responsibility of watching what items go through the portals in the Survival Lobby (if that is how we do it) and its going to be extra strain on the server. it may be ideal to split the servers in half like they were when i first joined. Half CMP, the other the two SMPs…