A Proposition

I would seriously contemplate not playing on the server as much if we had factions and PVP… I don’t really like that aspect of the game. …Also, the only reason I’ve been inactive is because my computer is broken, otherwise I would be online every day >,>

(Really sorry for double posting) Just realised spec meant a seperate map…

I’m in favor of resetting the entire map and make it close to pure survival. No flying for any mods or trusted. Only warps allowed to everyone once per every 30 mins to hour. It’d make a good use for horses and subways.

I thought this server was about making towns, building a strong economy, being entrepreneur’s, and having fun… I don’t see anything wrong with trusted rank having fly. The people who have earned trusted rank, earned that command. Am I right?

True, but fly causes easy access to inaccessible areas and gets rid of the need to walk anywhere. (trust me, I’ve seen seen a server go through a civil war because of such)

Correct, that is what we earned, but in my opinion, survival is WAY to easy with fly. You can still do all of those above things without fly, it would just make it more even so the members have a chance at the economy. This would also bring more people to build some things in creative which I’d like to see more of. Just my 2 cents.

Oh come on people! Joined this server last month and have been trying to become rich and powerful and good with the ladies :wink: but no seriously. I feel pretty disappointed that all of this last months hard work will be lost just after a month of me going on. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind a new map. But my money! It’s all I care about <3 Oh and this “I thought this server was about making towns, building a strong economy, being entrepreneur’s, and having fun…” So none of that removing the economy crud. I like the idea of the separate survival map

SUPPORT

I will be sad to see Middlebury go…but it would be a lot easier to start on a whole new city, than continue to try and tear down old ones to try and make new ones…maybe a skyscraper island :o

P.S. What about donators…didn’t they donate to get money, is it ok to take it away?

I said there would be those who opposed, there are downfalls. But the benefits outweigh the doubts.

Donors would get the money they have donated for, as well as the interest bonus in banks (if permitted).

Honestly i didn’t know it was a mod, but ill be sure to download it and start workign on my knowledge of it.

And im not takeing it as you being on my ass, that is kinda your job.

I support a new Survival and Creative map, archive the old one. I guess I wouldn’t mind certain towns and areas being copied/moved to the new map so that they can thrive once again.

I’m pretty sure we have access to everything except console. Well, MOSTLY everything, I think Admins have at least 5 or more commands that we don’t have, but I see no reason for SOP’s to have everything. Some commands are best left to Admins.

No to World Edit and weather. I don’t like the idea of Operators having WE and messing around in Creative with it. Could very easily screw up the server if not used properly or carefully. I also don’t want Operators to have weather on Survival. There should be no reason for them to change the weather. Weather is a variable that makes it possible for mobs to spawn during the day. It makes it slightly tougher and more exciting if you ask me. Use of it on Creative, however, is fine.

I always wanted Mod to have the most basic of moderation commands. This seems like a good basic list for them to have. Include TP as well.

I didn’t know the home command had a limit on number of homes. I also didn’t know we had an ignore command. Or maybe we don’t and you’re just suggesting it. Either way, as long as a player cannot ignore a staff member, I see nothing wrong with it.

They already have all these.

Mm, this could be debateable, but I don’t believe in giving new members a set of wooden tools right off the bat. They can go punch wood and consider it their first step into our server.

All in all, I’m mostly agreeable with these changes. Shouldn’t this be in suggestions though? But since people are bringing up the use of flying, I’ll throw my 2 cents in there. In the beginning, I was adamant against the use of flying in our server and felt it best be left to staff only to use. Though I tried to make it that way, everyone else didn’t share my thoughts and allowed players to use it. It’s been allowed for such a long time, I’d feel it unfair to suddenly take it away from Trusted and Donators. Is there a way perhaps we can modify flying so that our players cannot abuse it? Such as, remove the ability to mine or place blocks while flying.

On a side note… We would be able to have personal things transferred, right? Not just towns. Basically most of the time I spend on the server is in my bunker building away, I would cry if I lost that.

Hell yeah… Same here…

The only thing I want if this happens is to save the most active/best town. In my mind, this is Steampunk right now.

Money should be kept, but cut to a certain limit. 2000? A good start for those with a lot, but brings the rich down a lot.

Bring the market over? Erase all chests though? Fly can be removed or altered. It really does make survival too easy now.

I agree with this.

The changes I would make to flying instead of removing it are not able to place/destroy blocks (as Nek said) and if possible make fall damage still happen with it enabled.

i just gave away $16,000 to random players that get on quite alot

When do school holidays start in the US?

Why don’t we leave the survival server we’re in now and add another survival server with the demands in this thread, just make a whole new world and keep the old? Or is that more server bills?

Or alternatively (from another server I’ve played) you could have two worlds, one where trusted could use fly for building in a survival area (i.e towns, housing and storage), and the other world with the repercussions of not having fly and such, which makes it more difficult for people to milk resource gathering with fly. Not too sure what happens economy wise, but that’s just how that server did it.

I was thinking along the lines of 1 server, but 2 survival worlds. The first world would be the current one, in its semi-survival state where people can survive pretty easily. People seem satisfied building towns with the current setup, using the market and economy to help build. At the moment it is almost like a creative mode in that no one really dies, but you buy or dig your blocks.

The second survival world would be a pure survival map. No flying and no economy. Maybe if you die on that map you will be banned and then you have to spend time on the other survival map earning enough money to buy back in?

You need to keep in mind, the people who are calling for a new map are the ones who haven’t really invested weeks upon weeks building their towns. There have always been people who don’t like the economy system, and a few who do. Some people want to fly, some don’t. Maybe two maps is the way to go?

Also, I’m not sure what you mean by the fact the map is full Hard. If you look on the dynmap you will notice some water tiles are a lighter shade. If anyone has placed a block in a chunk in the last month, it would have re-rendered the chunk with a lighter scale on the dynmap after I updated it. The bottom quarter of our map is virtually uninhabited. In fact most of our map is empty still. The fact that players don’t have to try very hard to survive is a completely different discussion, and I don’t think the two should be linked.

Sounds like the Voxel box. :stuck_out_tongue: