Zombie Run

Time: See post
Date: 02.10.2011

What time is that?
06:00pm EST USA - Saturday 1st October
03:00pm PST USA - Saturday 1st October
10:00pm GMT - Sunday 2nd October
08:00am EST AUS - Sunday 2nd October

Zombie Run is a mini-game played in a custom built area with five or more players. Starting with only a wooden sword, you and all other human players must survive wave after wave of zombies. You will earn $10 of in game money and 10 points for every kill. Spend your money at three zombie infested shops for food, weapons and armour. There are also well guarded but valuable cakes scattered around the map. Each wave of zombies grow in number and strength.

The objective of the game is to score the most points. This is an individual competition. The winner is the player with the highest score after wave 20.

Prizes:
1st Place: 4 diamonds + $1000
2nd Place: 1 diamond + $500
3rd Place: $250
Participation: $100

Rules:

• You must have an empty inventory prior to joining the game
  • No PvP
  • No flying
  • You may die as many times as you like, but upon death your mini-game money gets reset to $0 and your current inventory is removed
  • Do not break any blocks
  • Do not place any blocks
  • If you leave the server, you will not be able to re-enter the game
  • Do not leave the specified map area

[hr]
This is an automatically generated forum post for the sole purpose of homepage event listings.
For more information go to the events page.

This is a rather short description of the event. Also, isn’t the normal date format month/day/year? The time does not state the timezone either.

Ok, Zombie run is an event where we spawn in the town/arena that SpecialK made with nothing on us. Then, you run out there and start punching zombies. You get 10 credits for each kill that you use to buy equipment and food. Armor, food, and weapon shops are located at different points on the map.

The zombies spawn at the red wool blocks spread around the map, and the top three scorers are updated in real time at various locations. There is a spot with cake on the map, but it is guarded and will run out quickly.

Just try to survive! We only made it through 13 rounds in our test today.

It’s being linked up the website. It’s purely for the ability to edit and create events without having to edit code all the time. You’ll see what I mean when the new website is up tonight

Can we add a small calendar or events too? Like a mini-google Cal on the side so maybe we can also have monthly special events?

For the date Have it like Day (number) Month (word) Year (number).
In the U.S. its MM/DD/YY I believe, but in the UK its DD/MM/YY.
That should help with any confusion.

We’ve played a few rounds and I LOVE THIS SPECIAL! :smiley: EXTEND IT :smiley:

700th post

We got to round 21 before we called it quits. The problem is (or fantastic difficulty upper), when we get down to 2 players like Vaio and I did, we can’t cover the whole map, so the zombies pile up. There were so many of them, that they were spilling over the walls!

If it is possible, I think it would be good to cut 3/4th of a player’s money when they die. That way, they have a fighting chance of getting back in the game. Many players could not effectively continue the fight at all after losing it all. Hmm, but perhaps that’s the point…

I would like to make another arena, if you could set it up? Sorry if that makes no sense… I have no idea how it works :L

I played a game, and BEAT EVERYONE BY A LANDSLIDE! :smiley: