Welcome to Factions!

[size=3.95em]We are currently not running a factions map.

[size=24pt]As some of you may have noticed, @_andy has added factions to PCB! We will be adding further information for you here soon, so stay tuned!

Mother of God…

Swag. This will be fun.

Good news! It’ll be fantastic!

Let’s all raid ourselves! :smiley:

Factions seems to have returned many of the long time staff members that returned when survival restarted. I’m happy to see that they are returning. It will surely be fun to play more freely.

What it be stupid to say that I’ve never played factions! Anyway I will like to play it later on (when I know how to play it) :smiley:

Greifing anything ;D yay

people warping instantaneously to spawn during combat!!! :smiley: (pls add 3 second timer if possible)

Hmmm… I may just join so I can create the ultimate Dwarf base.

After having BritneysBitches faction completely trashed and all my chests destroyed, my opinion on factions has changed completely. I liked the idea of factions at first but now I don’t think it belongs on PCB. What does factions have to do with building cities and towns? If you build anything on factions it’s just bound to be destroyed. This server has always been about creating things, not building something and just having it raided and trashed the next day. This isn’t me being bitter about what happened to our faction, because I’m already over it. It just seems like factions is a waste of time.

I mean, it is about city building in a way. You need to covertly build up your faction. Unfortunately due to the size of the map it can be quite difficult, plus permissions aren’t sorted so i’m sure some people have been using TP etc. Hopefully if we release a larger map it will be a bit more difficult to find peoples factions.

Well I actually kinda do agree with anima. And I’m sorry to Britney’sBitches, and all the other faction bases I’ve wrecked. I feel like the server knows each other too well and when things like these happen it often is taken very personally. For those who don’t have a base griefed yet it may be easy to say “it’s just a game or “it’s part of a game””, because they haven’t experienced having something they’ve put effort into being blown to shreds. I feel that this has just became a cycle among factions - 1 faction will grief another, and another will burn another’s faction causing a chain of unhappiness among players. And anima I understand that you built nearly ur entire base and spent a lot of time into gathering the resources. I’m sorry about the extreme grief that made some of ur members leave the faction. The grief had caused straining of relations between members and staff and I’m going to give factions a rest for now before anything worse happens. Factions is just a game and bases can be rebuilt but friendship doesn’t come easy. Apologies to jmvvana, brodingset, anima. Can’t remember the rest. btw I didn’t use tp I was /near -ing around the area.

To anyone dissatisfied with factions currently, there is ongoing discussion on changes to be made to how factions works that may leave it looking different than its current form that was created on the spot without much prior planning.

My idea on factions now is to play it casually and to never put a lot of effort on decorating your base. BritneysBitches' base was nearly unnoticeable to the average player, but it can get annoying when there's only one player that devotes his/her time to only destroying a base made by several players. It's acceptable for them to destroy as much bases as they want, since it's factions, it just bothers me to see them do so.

One problem that needs to be fixed, though, is for players to camp in one exit from the safe zone (spawn). My idea on fixing this issue is to add more than one exit, so that newcomers to factions can go the opposite way of where the attacker is located. I would also raise the safe zone, so that the attacker can't return to the safe zone by walking and instead waiting to warp to the spawn.

I remember a few years ago we made a PvP server using about the same system.
First it was fun and all, but after a while people started fighting/hating each other and destroy everything.
Some people got banned from fighting people also outside the server.

I saw this faction server rising and I figured it would happen again.

Of course there are people who play it good/nice, but there will always be people who just enjoy messing stuff up and take things personal.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.