Warp: Dixieville (6th of July 2020)

Project Name : Greater Dixieville, Winn-Dixie Territory
Warp Name : Dixieville
Town Owner : @Baneoverpowers
Backup Owner(s) : @Neyalex @Totqlity
Spawn Point : 942, 68, -13369
Facing : South
About My Project : Dixieville is a continuously-developing city, located southeast of Hyena and bordered to the northwest of Los Angeles. The city is inspired to be a blend of Belneário Camboriú, Sao Paulo, New York, and Chicago. Part of Downtown includes Singapore-style builds. The nearby suburb of Stacey is also Dutch-influenced. My city has pursued making corridors of each inspired theme. My city actively pursues a 1:1 scale, despite its mild fluctuations to 1.25:1 at times.

Due to the original Favelas having caused issues regarding warp quality, most of the south side has been rebuilt, while most original builds remaining have been re-skinned. Downtown has also seen some builds shuffled, to accommodate a new and improved city center. With that being said, keep in mind that a few spots and interiors are active works in progress, especially within Downtown and the favelas.

1 Like

Approved
04 January 2021

As I have said before Dixieville encompasses what one of PCB’s most prominent value’s is. Community. Despite the Ups and Downs that Dixieville has gone through, and while yes there is still criticism that I will agree with i.e sprawl and filling in spaces between districts, Dixieville has improved between the last application and this one. I do agree, many amounts of work has to be done, however in the mean time, Dixieville has my full approval and shall continue to have this approval in my eyes.

Keep Up your work Bane.

2 Likes

@whbilbo Thank you! I’m blessed, and I’m looking forward to blowing more expectations out of the water!

1 Like

Approved

Bane, I can tell that you put a lot of effort into your city to create a narrative that is both fun and shows the incredible detail that you put into your work (ASTs for example). The city also gives me a sort of indescribable nostalgia that I so dearly miss. It is completely original.

I love how you worked with the terrain instead of making a flat, hovering city.

Overall, you worked very hard on this and, for that, I congratulate you.

1 Like

@tomicalover you’re a legend. Thank you!

1 Like

Approved

Pretty much because of everything that has been said. Bane’s cities have indeed been criticized in the past, but this one shows how much he has progressed into a more mature style. This city is not one of incredible architectural detail, but it has what many others lack: a sense of cohesion and adaptability, it is organic and it fits in the terrain.

2 Likes

@EstevaoBuilderFake
Thank you so much! I am blessed to properly bring more beauty and kindness to PCB!

I would like to have my city reassessed.
Keep in mind that the warp is now at a new location (labeled on spawn point).

2 Likes

Denied
02 January 2021

It is clear that care and effort have been invested in Dixieville. It’s one of the largest and most prominent cities currently on the Creative map. You’re very close to earning my approval, but there are a couple of things you need to address before the city is fit for a warp.

Firstly, don’t bite off more than you can chew. Having a large city in it of itself is not a bad thing, but having a large, sprawling city usually is not a good thing. There are well-developed parts of Dixieville a good few hundred blocks away from the spawn while structures just a block or so away remain unfinished. If people visit your warp, you want to leave a strong first impression. Having empty lots, floating train tracks, and roofless buildings is not the best look.

Additionally, some parts of Dixieville feel quite lifeless. A lot of the larger buildings are basic shapes with repetitive designs. Diversify your buildings. Add more cars, trees, and armor stands to give Dixieville a sense of life and movement.

Address these points and I will be more than happy to give Dixieville a warp. Prioritize yourself.

Hi @Baneoverpowers

With the introduction of the new warp process, i’ve gone ahead and posted your application to the staff board to be voted on. Sorry for the delay, it should be processed within the week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Warp approved.

2 Likes