VirBinarus - 14th of January, 2016

I guess I don’t understand how comparing homosexuality to murder, stealing, and lying isn’t disrespectful.

That’s not really how I see it. Both Angel and Twan don’t support gay marriage (info gathered from previous forum posts) but I’m completely alright with that. It’s the way he said it, right after people courageously posted their coming out stories on our forums, and the time he said this.

Sure, I don’t agree with Vir, Angel, nor Twan on their beliefs, but there’s one deciding factor: respect. I applaud both Angel and Twan for their respectful posting, explaining their opinions without hurtful vocabulary or indirect accusations.

I actually banned in accordance with NekTM’s forum rules, specifically Rule II, which states that “The discrimination of any player or staff based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, looks, or rank within the server will not be tolerated.” Vir has responded to these stories in a way that is discriminatory.

I do not believe he simply stated his opinions; if he had done that, I would not have had a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is comparing homosexuality and homosexuals to murderers, thieves, criminals etc. That is not expressing your opinions, that is harassment and discrimination.

There is no tone in text. The tone that you hear is how you read it in your own head. The tone is your own interpretation.

Oops! Meant to write “time he decided to say it” Might have typed tones accidentally as there was something on TV and subconsiously finished the sentence.

Anyway, sorry. Meant to say “time he said it.”

EDIT: Changed to the right clause.

He didn’t aim it at anyone, necessarily.

What he said could be seen as offensive, but he wasn’t really given a chance to apologise for his actions. He likely won’t have realised it would be received this badly.

However, he really should have thought that through before posting.

The general unwritten rule is don’t be a dick. He gave his opinion in a pretty bad way, but he’s entitled to it. I disagree, but he hasn’t caused any arguments about it.

So, let’s not cause a fuss about another menial thing here. If you think your opinion is going to offend someone, keep it to yourself.

Locking this again, someone unban him, he seems sincerely sorry and likely won’t do this again. If he does, he can be gone for good.

Can we all have less arguing, between all of us please? Most of the shit posted in this thread was entirely unnecessary.

@Ouhai_Ruby @madant79 and @Petroliam asking for him to be unbanned. Sorry @Amphitryon , your ban has been overturned.

Unbanned. Marked as Solved.