Trying to build a little Norwegian town

Hey.
So I’m been kind of busy in the past couple months, and some of the projects I’m working on might be cancelled. To try to get myself more active - at least for a while - I’m going to try to build a little Norwegian town, still kind of large but not as ambitious as the one I tried to make earlier. As far as inspiration, I’m using the town of Skudeneshavn this time.

As of right now, I’m really unsure of where to put it. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Wow, this could turn out to be a really cool town. I’m not sure exactly where you could put it, but you can always use the dynmap to find a spot, there are plenty of suitable biomes in Creative for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing this town get built seems like its going to be awesome!

1 Like

Aww what a cute little town. I really want to see this made

1 Like

Ahh! That’s going to look so cute Miner :blush:

1 Like

The current plan

How it looks so far

Good luck with your city! Excited for results!

1 Like

That’s if I actually manage not to run out of ideas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But thankfully now I have even more books on/knowledge about the buildings and town planning so I should be good.

Hus og innbyggere i gamle Skudeneshavn by Egil Harald Grude (et al.)
Miljøbevaring i Stavanger by Hans Eyvind Næss
Fargerike minner fra Stavangers fortid by Mari Anne Næsheim Hall
Rogaland’s Beautiful Buildings in Wood by Hans Eyvind Næss
Gamle Stavanger: fra Rosenkildehuset til Blidensol
And some other books, as well as thousands of photos from both the archives and real life

This looks very nice :open_mouth: when you’re done you have to get shaders pics! It’ll be so cool!!

1 Like

I love this theme and additionally the idea!

What shader did you take that pic with?

1 Like

Thanks! The shader’s Chocapic13 V5 Lite AFAIK.

1 Like

Good news, everyone! I’ve started to work on it a little bit more. Ignore that yellow on the roof to the left btw.

And, even though I only have two streets right now, I’m making a list of street name ideas for the future (if anyone wants to suggest ones please feel free)

After almost 3 months, my town now has a warp at /warp Liljenes!

So far, I’ve built 28 buildings with completed exteriors, of which 6 have interiors. And I’ll make more interiors soon.

3 Likes

Congratsies :smiley: looks great

1 Like

Looks brilliant mate, be glad to help if needed :smiley:

1 Like

Nice job, it looks awesome!

1 Like

Looking good, keep up the fantastic work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really love this idea and the updates being posted on here. It’s nice to see it developing as usually you don’t see things like this unless you continually visit towns as they’re being built. Good work!

1 Like