Town spot in PCB website

Hello PCB

I was surfing through the wiki and found a spot called towns where everyone can post their own city and history, special builds, etc.

I really liked the idea but I was thinking of maybe having it on the PCB forums hotbar ontop (under Community maybe)

People, instead of posting on the wiki would post a thread with their own town info and etc. and everyone could see it and the owners could modify it each time they want to add something new to their city’s thread.

WHY DO I SUGGEST TO STOP DOING IT ON THE WIKI

1. I think the wiki is not as used as forums, and therefore less people even bother to post on it because it isn’t that popular as the PCB forums.
  2. People could maybe comment on the city and ask if they can add a build or something or ask city related questions.
  3. I find it an easier way to modify the thread and for people to access instead of going on the wiki, and then going on towns, and finding the town.
  4. Maybe put the cities in alphabetical order such as the wiki but on the forums? if that is possible

I know there is a part of the forums called “towns” but I think that has its different use instead of what I propose.

I am open to any points of information and ideas. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for reading

Dantosky

By all means…

Make a thread about your city/towns and such on the forums as you wish, that’s why we have the subsection for it in the forums. Yet, the wiki serves a purpose to share extensive information compared to a brief forum post. It would be counter-productive to essentially write the same stuff you would on a wiki post and do so as a forum post. Rather than going through that unnecessary trouble why not just make a wiki about what you want to, and then include a direct link to it in a forum post with supplementary information.

True, but less people are bothered to contribute due to inactivity anyway. If you are aware we have one and aren’t contributing then you are part of the population making it inactive. Use this as motivation to contribute.

Perfect for a city/town forum post. As I mentioned, your thread could have a link to the wiki page and then you could use the forum page to supplement other information like this that you wouldn’t be able to utilize through wiki.

Maybe it’s just you then. Finding the forum section for “towns” is the same amount of steps as you would to find the town section in wiki.

No way to do that, threads are sorted by creation/comment activity.

Thanks @PrinceMark for the complete reply. I agree with what you say. I just don’t really understand what the wiki s for if the forums gives players all they need and more. I am sorry for creating this suggestion then and I will try and create my city’s profile page on the designated wiki. You can go along and lock it up. Sorry for the long reply you had to write :-\

Kind Regards

Dantosky