The 10.09 Rollback

[move][glow=red,2,300]YAHOO! PROJECTCITYBUILD’S BACK UP! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/glow][/move]
But wait - what happened to the monorail?
Apparently, the map had to be rolled back by about a week in order to stop “server issues”. Therefore, my many (15 or so) hours of work, and my four-kilometer long monorail had to be deleted :’( :’( :’( :’( :’(. This was the first ever big-scale build that I ever did, so I was wondering - the map saves every half hour or so just for that occasion - would it be possible at all to put up a download link for the map just before the rollback? If so, I would be VERY grateful!

• Yours sadly,
  • YoshiBoy13
  • The Monorail Guy

I doubt it, I expect the saves were corrupted, hence why we had to use an old backup. There was no rollback as such (i.e. Work wasn’t reversed) but the old saves were lost. I’m not certain on this, as I didn’t have any input on fixing the problem, but this would be my best guess.

I would assume it was the world files etc themselves that corrupted, so any saves would also have been corrupted, therefore the only way to get it all back would be a backup, which are quite impractical to perform very often.

While it seems like it was rolled back by a week, only 1 day was actually lost, because the rest of that time nobody could do anything.