Suggestions I want to be accepted.

Separate world would be skill based. Doesn’t matter if you’re member or SOP only the super good builders build there.
You speak of a ranks not being build based but the Big City is very segregated. Much harder for Members to build there than Trusted+
A new world for skilled players would be just like Big City but with more creative freedom since people can build in their own style.

[size=1em]Alrighty team, we’ve had some great suggestions but I’m gonna live up to my name for a moment and go on a rant. Been a while since I had one of those.

[size=1em]RANT BEGIN
[size=1em]First of all. I would like to ask you how many players do you think build in survival? I’m honestly sick of people suggesting that we remove, downside the world and just plain ignore the players who actually play. Survival has been a part of this server for a very long time. Being in this server requires a bit of give and take but at the moment all you seem to want to do it is take from the survival players. Every suggestion you make seems aimed at taking some thing from us.
[size=1em]
Secondly this server does NOT base itself around the ability of a player to build. This is a COMMUNITY based server which means a number of things. We don’t start segregating people or telling them that they are poor builders. We respect other players. We help and teach other players. Why don’t you try giving inexperienced players some tips on building rather than belittling them as building “nooby stuff.”
If you are a good builder we acknowledge you and let you build in big city is this not enough?
[size=1em]RANT END

[size=1em]On a side note I am trying to contact someone who has our Youtube account details and I’ll try to get stuff happening for you all. Bringing back our youtube Channel has been on the cards before, I do have to work out details of it before I can say anything for sure.
[size=1em]PS if any of the staff with access to the youtube channel read this, please chuck me a message.

Big city is limited to modern structures. If someone has talents in another build category they are forced to remain in the regular world.

BigCity is different because it is a server-run project consisting of a single city. It is not a general building map.

Hmm good point, However I still don’t think its necessary to start segregating players because of their ability to build. At the same time I do understand the feeling of needing recognition for your ability or the work you do.

If you are after the recognition then I’m sure we can find another way of doing it than starting things that run the risk of becoming very exclusive in the future. This isn’t high school we don’t need a builder’s clique.

I’m currently changing up the YouTube page a bit so it’s a proper brand account rather than a shared login. If you want access, PM me your google account email.

Big City has also been part of our server as far back as Classic. The theme of this server is city building anyway. Big City isn’t completely modern by the way, there are older looking buildings the further out you go as well as shopping areas in the work. It’s a project that’s not going away which is why we have continued to release new Big City maps every other reset. If you are looking to show off your excellent build skills that reign in another build category besides city themed perhaps Project City Build isn’t the right server for you. I’m not trying to be rude by saying that, but what you’re implying doesn’t fit with what we have done in the past and what we are doing moving forward.

Well, just pointing out: me and I assume a not too large group of players always wanted something between big city and creative. Something with the rules similar to big city, but with a lot of cities. I am not saying we should change brutally, add a new map or create a new rank, if is the wish of the majority of staff and/or players, we should not do it. I felt it was important to say that because I have seen a considerably big amount of players with the same feeling.

“City” isn’t a set look. Project City Build is a modern and predominantly European architecture based city (U.S. buildings also included)
Middle eastern, Asian, Indian, African, South American, Mexican, Central American, and other small regions contain architecture styles that would not fit inside big city. There are also themes not based on reality such as fantasy and scifi themes.
If Big City encompasses all those let me know

Never has it been stated that bigcity excludes builds from ethnic regions.

We aim to be as inclusive as a city can be, which includes not just new, but old styles. The reason you don’t seen any other ethnically styled buildings is because nobody has ever built anything of those styles there.

I really do get tired of people calling bigcity something it isn’t.

The theme for BigCity is, and always has been, a modern city (meaning buildings you would FIND IN a modern city, NOT exlusively modern style buildings). No region has been specified, other than for one small specific area of BigCity.
Yes, most of the buildings currently are in the style of North American, European and Australian cities, but that’s because those are the types of buildings the main contributors are exposed to on a regular basis.
If you build something that you would find in a modern city anywhere on earth, meets BigCity’s requirements, and looks good, we will copy it in if you ask.

Fantasy and sci-fi buildings are not in BigCity because they don’t fit the theme. If we included those styles, the city would just look bad.

I’m a bit perplexed by what this would actually achieve though. Another map would just be more land to build on, and there’s nothing about that that the creative map doesn’t already provide. If the issue then is that creative gets reset once in a full moon, that’s not going to be solved with a new map either, because every map eventually gets reset. Even Big City has been reset 5 or 6 times over its life time already.

Is it about exclusivity? Another map does nothing but segregate the community since it would be identical to creative, except barred behind some sort of vip wall.

I also don’t like how (not in your post, but others) Big City keeps being brought up as a reason for this proposition. Big City is not a conventional, open-to-the-public map. It is a server-wide project that has been around since day 1 of PCB on Classic. It is literally our identity and one of the sole reasons PCB was even founded to begin with. We like cities, and we made a server to build one in with other players. Hence why we’re called Project City Build.

If people have suggestions, I’m all ears but please don’t misrepresent Big City.

It is not really about exclusivity, and a new map is one of the ways to apply the idea. It would, indeed segregate the community, so I guess it is not viable. What it is really about is to have a map, or at least a region with better structure than we already have, such as better connections, finished builds etc. I understand that it is pretty hard to achieve that without problems coming too. We don’t want, at all, to create a vip wall, or declare anyone better than others, just have better structure between cities on the map, wich is, again, dependent mostly on us.

Ok, I just wanted to point out real quick that creating a “Creative-2 world” was not in any of my suggestions. Can we put that argument in another post or just end it?

im against a second creative world, it would just fracture the community in a way that we dont need it to, it would cause an air of superiority for people allowed to build in it, it would cause lag to host a new large world like that and to render it… ect. I dont see a single plus to having a halfway-world between Big City and creative

I agree - as much as I like the idea, it’s simply not realistic or do-able for the server.