STARTING HIGHSCHOOL

I start highschool tomorrow and i want some last minute pointers and tips, Im super scared honestly and I don’t know why!

So far, it hasn’t been as bad as I thought it was. My best pointers would be stay organized and get good with time management. If you fall behind, it’ll be harder to catch back up.

Tip 1. Don’t be a smartarse to your teachers. It may seem funny, but I can tell you from first hand experience, you will grow to feel guilt for being a dick in younger years.

Tip 2. You’re probably going to get bullied at some stage. Just try and laugh it off, surround yourself with people who are supportive, brush off the haters.

Tip 3. Homework generally doesn’t help you learn anything. Skip it. Study information actually relevant to what you’re learning. (Except Maths, homework usually helps there).

Tip 4. Try and enjoy it. As much of a drag it can seem like at times, you have to be there, so you may as well make the most of it.

Good luck with HS.

Thanks @Mannriah tip 3 however, homework counts for about 30% grade in most classes so i cant skip ;-;

WTF, homework actually counts for something in the US?!? BARBARIC!

I know, American schools are absolute trash! @Mannriah

I just got a 0/100 for not getting a sheet of paper signed on time. My fault for being stupid and spacey but it is in the 45% category (what the fuck american schools) so my ELA grade just went down from a 75 to a 63.

Get your papers signed and don’t be a dumbass.

Also, fuck my ELA teacher.

begins to eavesdrop im in the same boat as you, fallen. does anyone have any more pointers? :stuck_out_tongue:

Tip 5.

As someone who’s finishing highschool in two months, I can give you my two cents:

Try to pay attention in class, do not just stare at the board listening passively, if you follow what the teacher is saying it will be easier to remember in other instances, and you will have to do less work at home when studying. Tests are a pain in the ass but by no means the end of the world, take it easy, you will be asked stuff you were taught in class, so just try to remember what was said. There’s no point in trying to remember anything word by word, you will forget it, and you will do poorly. Try to learn the mayor points and why they are relevant, then you will decompress that information naturally.

Have a good time, you will spend (6?) years in highschool, try to make the most out of it.

Only spending 4 (thank god)! @Roison

Don’t be scared bud. You will meet new people, assholes and sweethearts. The assholes include the brutal ass homework assignments that you get if you do at any time this year. Have fun!