Starbound?

First off this really doesn’t belong here, but the games are somewhat from the same genre so here’s hoping this pulls attention.

[size=1em]Starbound is a 2D adventure RPG in a similar vein as Terraria, which makes sense as it’s developer is founded from an ex-Terraria dev. While clearly drawing inspiration from Terraria, Starbound is Sci-fi based and more focused on exploration.

[size=1em]You wake up on your personal ship, finding it quite a mess. After going through a few tutorial quests to get it up and running, you find the whole galaxy has opened up to you for exploration. Hundreds upon thousands of planets ready to be explored and plundered for resources, with the coordinates of each acting as a map seed, easily shared with any of your colleagues. While foraging through plant life for food or burrowing your way through the earth for ores is a given, raiding dungeons and even the homes of the planet’s inhabitants gives its own reward. Any furniture you find can be broken and pick up as easily as any block, and after making your way back to your ship you can scan them into the ship’s 3D printer for easy replication, for a price of course.

[size=1em]If you don’t feel like be stuck in the natural spawning villages of a planet fear not, you can create your own custom one! The highlight of the latest update is custom NPC spawning. After making a home and labeling it with a deed, an NPC merchant or guard will move in to live in their new home. The fun part is the fact that you can choose what kind of villager you want by the materials used in their home. A treelike tower filled with weapon racks is likely to drawn the attention of a Floran guard for example.

[size=1em]The dungeons are medium sized compounds that spawn along the surface of the planet, with smaller one room versions spawned randomly in the earth. They’re usually guarded in some way by enemies and have loot strewn throughout them. The more valuable prizes however are hidden in Challenge Rooms however, dangerous trap or enemy filled rooms with rare weapons or armor hidden at the end. Be on the look out for their entrance when you go spelunking in caverns deep underground.

[size=1em]Now for a word of caution, as nice as some of this may seem I feel the need to point out that Starbound is still in beta, and therefore unfinished. While there is plenty to do I cannot blame some people for being overly cautious about this. If you want to have a look at some trailer or more official info here’s the Steam page for Starbound:
[size=1em]http://store.steampowered.com/app/211820

[size=1em]Now why do I bring all this up you ask? Well…I may have just rented out a server to test some things out. If you have the game or end up buying it, feel free to try the server out, it is fully unmodded.

IP: 68.232.169.151 Port:21025
No password.

Just to bump this for anyone interested, with the release of version 1.0 on July 22nd I’ve started renting a small server again, the info has already been updated in the previous post. Fatso and I started yesterday so feel free to join us if you have the game.

I’ll join at some point.

You better </3