Should we continue using Tekkit?

I personally have never played it, this is just the description from their official website.

Goof, i would like to welcome you back to the world of the Blocks

Why, thank you…
:3

Looks like its leaning towards FTB…

FTB does look pretty good

I had to watch some videos about FTB…I voted for FTB

Heh heh heh… I can help

That would be much appreciated John, seeing as I have 6h+ into those programs xD

Hey, just noticed this. I voted for Feed the Beast, and I would like to add that if FTB is chosen, I’d vote for the modpack YogCraft. I’ve played a few of the others, but I really enjoy playing YogCraft the most.

Personally I don’t think we should use the yogscast one, as its directly related to them. This isn’t a great reason, but I’d prefer one that isn’t affiliated with any youtube groups, as the server isn’t either.

Agreed. Since I run it, that will not happen.

Wow, that was REALLY well written. That makes me want to change my vote, so just score one off for Tekkit Classic in your head, k?

I have played a lot of yogcraf lately, and I can tell you tekkit fans you will not be dissapointed.
It’s just mindblowing

My point still stands. We won’t be using if for that reason as Sip stated.

I think FTB won by a land slide. Is it ok to lock the poll?

Classic: 4
Lite: 1
FTB 19

This may be somewhat off subject, but whichever of the three choices we go with (I vote FTB) will ranks for each player transfer? (Will members still be members, trusted still be trusted, mod, ops, donators, etc keep their ranks?) I know that we will still have the current version of the server, but what I am asking is: I am currently a member on the Survival/Creative server, so will I also be a member in the Tekkit/FTB server? Everyone who is trusted, or mod, or op on the Survival/Creative server also have that rank on the Tekkit/FTB server?

Also: whichever we go with, will there be a creative map like what we have now? I am not good at finding/making much of any of the items in Tekkit or FTB, but I have some great ideas for buildings! When the server is finally up, I will probably not be coming back to the original Minecraft and may not be on it until then either, so I am not sure what I will do with my town yet. Sorry if I got off subject.

No creative maps. Most ranks will transfer.

This is a repost from another thread on this forum, since I feel it’s better suited here:

"Before I forget, the Ultimate Pack with Gregtech enabled is the best possible option if you want massive tech trees and just a better experience.

Gregtech adds an enormous number of new machines and metals to the game, as sort of an addition (although it completely takes over) IC2. It should be noted that having Gregtech enabled increases the difficulty of reaching endgame substantially. I’ve played perhaps 40 hours on a Gregtech enabled server and have yet to obtain the final tier solar panel.

I can’t speak for what the other FTB packs include or don’t include, but FTB Ultimate seems to be the only choice if you want the full experience of FTB with all the mods included.

Just my opinion from playing quite a bit of FTB over the last month or so."