Servers down

I don’t know how many of you noticed this but most of the minecraft servers are down because of a security issue they do not know how long it will take for it to come back. I thought I better let you guys know this. I also logged into another game and it said its servers are down, I don’t know if this is related or what. I guess we will all just have to be patient :’(

idk if its just me but when i open my launcher, it says play offline. If its not just me then… it might be Mojang or something

Mojang took down all of their servers for the OpenSSL “Heartbleed” bug, which is a massive security vulnerability affecting tons of servers (not just minecraft.) On the internet right now. Considering how serious it is, it should be fixed pretty soon.

Dinnerbone:
We took down all our servers because of a critical security flaw currently affecting pretty much every website. Sorry for the inconvenience! We’ll be bringing them back up as soon as they can be fixed, but there is no ETA - it’s in amazon’s hands.

"

yep its done

For future reference, server crashes should be posted here: http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?topic=7488.0