Server Down for a bit

So… It seems our service provider has sent Sip another message about the CPU usage being a bit high. So for the moment, Sip wants to keep the server off so our average CPU use is lowered.

As I was not told about this till recently (and not from Sip), I had just figured the server had crashed. I learned how to create and manage the Crontab (restart script) and I actively monitored the server while it was up. Each CPU goes no higher than 60% when the server is up and RAM is low. Even with multiple players on. Starting the server is harsh on the CPUs (They reach 90-99% for about a minute).

ATM, Hard is working on making a script in Python to restart the server only when the RAM reaches 1.9 gigs or so. I installed Python, so all we need is a working script. My hope is that this helps.

I would also like to request permission for Fatso and I to run FTB for brief periods of the day as long as we shut it down when we are off. As long as someone is actively monitoring it, I would hope that is okay for now.

Do we need to find another host perhaps? We have people willing to pay for it.

Who currently hosts the server?

It’s on a box that CJ(sip) pays for, however, due to its crashing status, it ran the average cpu usage way high, throwing warnings to the company.

Yea sorry I gave no notice other than that night. I have been quite busy with AP tests, swim, college prep, etc.

I need to have it at low CPU usage for a week or so so they can calm down a bit

I guess that means no ftb for a week for me :
kinda annoying being in a different timezone :\

Server is ready to go up at any time. Notify myself or Fatso to start it. I will get the script going soon, I just spent enough time updating it.

Is the restart script working properly?

It does when I have it going. Yesterday, I was on for 5 or so hours and it was stable. No need for a restart because I was not traveling much.