SCP_055 - 18th of August, 2017

[html]

Minecraft Username SCP_055

Date of Ban 18th of August, 2017
Server Survival/Creative
Banned by Marco

Reason for Ban You have been banned by “your secret network of mods on PCB” [Threatening other players (severely)]

Reason to be Unbanned I don’t think at this point there needs to be any formalities with an introduction, I’ve been banned before, etc.

First and foremost the biggest issue with me is probably not threatening players, and here’s why. I never intended to threaten players, I was at most playing a prank. My Navy Seal Copypasta (PCB Edition) was never meant to harass anyone, it was made as a joke. I realise how much offense the players and staff of the server must have taken as a result of it now, but the intended result was a few chuckles. None of the things in the sign were meant to actually happen, I just was trying to be funny. I apologize for the confusion and I will be more respectful about threats in the future.

My actual issue is respect for other players/staff. Throughout this whole event, I have been very out of line, whether in be during the inciting incident or in my forum posts. Never before have I stooped to the levels that I did today and this week. Here’s why.

I have been a relatively active member of this server since I first joined the game. Project City Build was the first server I ever joined, in fact, about 2 ½ years ago. I’ve come to think of it as my server, because it’s been the place I felt most comfortable. Other servers with weird plot setups and thousands of players never truly appealed to me. Therefore, I sought to enjoy myself the best I could here.

In the beginning, HiPixels (who I am not condemning, simply relating) was barely a minor annoyance (I actually had civil conversation with him for a week before this whole incident, and he seems like a nice guy), so I messed with him back in a more muted version of the general, snarky and harassing manner that you guys have beared witness to over the past 24 hours or so, hoping he would stop. I still respected him as the leader of the town. Then he started interfering with my projects and demanding money. I was even less happier, and I started bringing the sass levels up even higher. The culminating moment was the moment he shot/hit me and I died, 10 minutes or so into the video. I decided I was not going to put up with him messing with me anymore, so I was 10x worse to him than he was to me; insults, reciprocating PvP, banning him from my spawner even though he was very helpful in the creation of it, etc. Then he upped the ante and swung back with his own remarks, and the situation escalated, until he started making fun of my friends.

I generally don’t take the stance of “we ride together we die together I’m best bros with these dudes I’ll do anything to support them” etc etc, but I almost didn’t care about how he treated me, I wanted him gone because he was a nuisance to my friends. I wanted to do whatever it took to get him removed from the server, at least temporarily, or even better, for him to stay but cease his activities. So when I had footage of him shooting me, breaking and entering, killing my dogs, etc. I thought “Oh boy, have I done it? Have I won the argument?” No, I was banned instead.

5 days later I crawl back on the server with my tail betwixt my legs. I was going to play the losing game and take myself elsewhere. Then he put signs all over my doorstep, telling me I was a blemish on the town and he wanted me gone. He’s forced my friends to relocate by building even farther into their territory. He’s gone inside my areas when I was away by mining in. I’m seething, because I thought I could leave this all behind and here it is being a problem for me again. So, I left him a redstone noise maker in his basement, a small, trivial annoyance in the hopes that he would take the hint.

Then I removed all of my equipment from the town. Sugarcane farm, Cow farm, Piston doors, everything redstone I had contributed was coming with me to my new location. Then he started messing with RJ and John, and I decided to leave him the Navy Seal sign, in the hopes that he would take the hint and quit messing with us. During this whole time I never spoke to him directly, only through editing his town. Then I realised there were so many people affected, I might have a chance to report him on the forums.

I put up a player report, and I told people it was open to add to if they felt like he had wronged them. Players poured in to discuss it and I finally thought I could get this guy to leave. Then Em reviewed the footage and started to blame me. I thought, “How can I be the one in trouble here, I’m reporting him!”, but I kept a very tame tongue during our in game discussion. The argument turned slowly in HiPixels favor and I was really sick of it. I couldn’t believe this guy was getting away with this. Em became more and more AFK, so I left the game.

I had to go to bed, so I joined the game on Minechat. HiPixels and I had a nice discussion for a change, and I realised I didn’t really dislike him, I disliked his actions. I checked the forums thinking I could maybe dull the blade, I didn’t want him to be permabanned at this point, I just wanted him to maybe be talked to about insulting other players and respecting property. But at this point, Em had turned the Player report on me. I couldn’t believe it! I was going to be subjected to the mods again? I was the one filing the report! Can you imagine reporting to the police that someone had broken into your home and assaulted you, and then they get mad because you assaulted them back, and completely ignore the player you report? It’s a matter of degree here. I’m getting very salty now. Not only is the issue still not dealt with, but I’m in trouble again. Ignoring multiple players stating that they did not appreciate one player’s actions and now its turned around on me. I leave a very unhealthy response, badda bing, badda boom, I’ve been banned from the server and the thread is locked.

I was trying to figure out how this had happened. I knew I had to be in the right but I was the one that was punished? I tried to rationalize it by saying the mods were doing their job wrong, that maybe they were pandering towards this kid because he was 11, or maybe because he provides money to the server that they don’t want to lose.

Then I realised that no matter whether I was right or wrong, it was the way I was conducting myself that was the issue, but I realised this too late. I was too busy arguing over the lack of attention given to HiPixels that I didn’t realise I was being told to watch myself. I was banned, the thread was locked, I couldn’t apologize in any way, it was over. I lost the argument not because I was wrong, but because I was a complete and total asshole in being right. If I could have just had composure during the inciting incident, on the forums, and in general, this whole situation would have way more one sided. But hear this: I would never have been so adamant and hard headed if I didn’t genuinely care about the situation being resolved.

If only I hadn’t done so by riding the thunder of “let’s get this asshat kid cyber bullied off of my server.”

I can’t lie to you and say I even think Minecraft as a game is fun anymore. That’s not why I come on to PCB. It’s now just a venue to access PCB. I come to PCB for the atmosphere, the very same one that I ruined by being an absolute shitlord, leaving a mess in my wake because I was pissy about a player instead of just dealing with them in an acceptable manner. Banning me from PCB also bans me from Minecraft; there’s just no other fun way for me to play anymore. PCB will be not only my first server I ever joined, but my last too.

I’ve grown with this server in the 2 years I’ve been a member. I’ve watched guests become members, members become trusted, trusted players become guides, etc. I’ve put so many hours into projects, friendships, and helping out other people, and it pains me to think I may not be able to continue. I usually make good friends with almost every player I come across, and if we have a disagreement, I’ll work to sort it out. The only difference here is that I felt as if I was defending my friends, not me.

I have a lot of friends in staff members, and I may have less after this incident. I let people who had faith in me being a decent person down.

Let me just say that regardless of staff decision, I am taking at least a 1 week break from this game. I am still slightly heated about the whole situation and in the 1 in a million chance I get less than a weeks tempban, I don’t want to rekindle my absolutely unjustified anger.

I am dropping any and all reports I have against anyone.

I profusely apologize to the staff I insinuated were doing their job incorrectly.

I apologize in general to any players affected by this.

Thank you for your time, you should never have had to read this appeal in the first place; this should have ended with my unbanning. I chose to make it a problem after that, and this is what I deserve for that.

[ Ban History ] 2 other ban appeals found
15th of August, 2017

10th of August, 2017

[ ! ] Do not post unless you are in someway involved in this matter.
[ !! ] Do not edit this post or the formatting will break.
[/html]

Edit: I’m sorry for the formatting errors. I typed this up in a document before submitting and I didn’t realize it would come out like this.

Hey… Jack. My intention was never to try and hurt anyone. :-[ I just wanted a little prosperous community but our arguments got in the way of this. I will admit I have done so much wrong and I know these arguments are shit and all. But we are both at fault. I know that donators aren’t a vaccine to rules. I donated cause I love you guys [not in a gay way].

Both of us have done shit that would’ve gotten us banned but to my surprise I had stronger arguments. I don’t want to throw insults and spew bullshit at others.

I have many regrets (includes taxes) but we all make mistakes. There’s no point in fighting because it’ll waste both of our and staff’s time. And trust me, we both will have consequences.
I am not saying I want you unbanned or still banned. I have mixed emotions about this but don’t mistake it for the fact that I am sorry for the staff and especially you, who had to suffer the consequences.

I myself think I deserve a time-out to think about my actions too :/. We should all take 5, think about what we’ve done and come back on with a fresh and positive atmosphere.

Kind Regards,

-HiPixels

Jack, not only did I warn you not to do this, Wairoa warned you to. Though I’m not a staff, I still think that the actions you conducted were unacceptable. Yeah, I got a laugh out of it but I just don’t think it was the right action when you told me about this. Sorry for being negative,

-RJ

I’d like to preface this by noting that I don’t really know anyone involved, this is just what I think from reading the forum posts and logs and so on.

I’m honestly not convinced that the Navy Seals copypasta or any variants of it count as severe threats. In terms of everything else, it seems that everybody involved is part of the problem. Whilst I understand why you feel it’s unfair that you were punished as a result of a player report that you made, it’s because the report (whilst entirely valid) revealed some more stuff that staff were not awaare of about you.

I think the worst part about this situation is that I knew that this would be the result if I kept harassing players, and I did it anyways.

HiPixels post was very astute and I would like to take this time to apologize in specific for blaming the lack of action on the Donator rank, I guess I was looking for any excuse not to be wrong.

this was the message on the sign:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little noob? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the 2014 build contest, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Nuxrav, and I have over 300 confirmed bans. I am trained in advanced redstone and I’m the top sniper in the entire skeleton population. You are nothing to me but just another mob. I will bowspam you the fuck out with speed the likes of which has never been seen before on this server, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over Minechat? Think again, noob. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Mods across the PCB Forums and your IP is being permabanned right now so you better prepare for the storm, noob. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your account. You’re fucking banned, noob. I can be any alt account, anytime, and I can report you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my main account. Not only am I extensively trained in player reports, but I have been opped to the entire arsenal of the PCB Admins and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the server, you little noob. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your smarmy, dumbass leadership was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking mouse. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn noob. I will drop lava all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking banned, noob.

this is the original pasta:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shit? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre fucking dead, kiddo.

I specifically neutered it so that it was less threatening and more funny. Consider the difference between:

I can report you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my main account.
and
I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands.

Which would you consider more threatening?

What does it matter which is more threatening? The point is you shouldn’t have made any type of threat to a player so I don’t see what you are trying to do here.

Jeez some people need to lighten up. I’m actually struggling to believe that anyone would take that as a serious threat and not an incredibly obvious joke.

I agree with Octo, if Jack wanted to actually insult a player, I do not believe he would use such an overdone copypasta, to me it is an obvious joke, although it could be called griefing, I do not believe it should be called a “severe threat.”

Thank you for your support guys. I was almost having a crisis because I was wondering if I’d gone too far with it.

agreed

SCP where to start. You Know, before the player appeal I was kinda of on your side. I thought that you had actually been unfairly targeted by other players and had discussed punishment for the others involved but you had been banned and I wasn’t there so I let it all go. Then I saw the video. Yes, HiPixels was a complete asshat. What does that make you, as far as I’m concerned in the video you showed us your attitude is far worse then his. This is not what the ban is for. Its for your behaviour after the ban. You are still carrying on with the childish arguments in game, why couldn’t you just make your player report and move on. The sign was a joke with poor taste? That’s not a joke at all. That like if I made a Nazi joke in front of our German players. Yes, good joke but that is the were possible place and timing. You need to think before you do. Also You had no permission to build a giant sign almost on top of HiPixels’ house in HiPixels’ town.

Last but not least, can you also explain the noise generating redstone loop that you built underneath HiPixels house that has no on/off switch and has the message a parting gift. This too was made after your unban. Redstone loops without an on/off switch are agaisnt the server rules as well

I’m not sure that you are 100% informed here. I gail to see how the sign was that offensive, and I’m pretty sure 3 orther staff members just said that it wasnt that rude. What I truly apologize for is my behavior on the forums and during the ban event. At no time after that was I really that bad In game.

The redstone noise machine is exactly what you say and I put it there in the same light that I put the sign in, as a joke. I’ve seen players make death traps and recieve less shegrin than this. The redstone would have lagged server slightly, yes. None of that was meant to be malicious in any ways and it all happened before I made the Player report and I was 100% sure the situatuon was over and I was going to leave the town. I made sure that the machine could be easily removed if he wanted to get rid of it because it wasnt meant to harass anyone, it was meant to be funny.

However, after all of this, my friends were still having problems with HiPixels and he was building aigns I couldnt remove all iver my things so I decided to bring the situation back up again by reporting him. I only rver harassed him when I thought he was being out of line, never when he wasnt doing anything wring.

I may be wrong but if someone left those builds on my doorstep I would have laughed them off and probably had a good laugh with whoever did it, those two builds were not in hate. I fail to see how they are as awful as you describe, I’m sorry.

I alsi was very restrained when HiPixels and I had our ingame discussion with you, and I dont really think I was that rude during it. I even had a shirt conversation eith him about current world events and genrally was not that mean to him. Only on the forums did i become out of hand in this instance, which is a thing I seek to remedy. I have never wanted to be a nuisance to staff I just thought the situation was over and we could laugh about how dumb we were both being and then it seemed as if HiPixels was doing things again so I took to the forums.

All in all, I fail to see the intense hate that you say I expressed theough those builds. I never intended to spread fear, only mess around. Maybe I am blind to it, could you tell me exactly why it is so offensive? I honestly dont know.

Tell me this, if Hipixel broke into your house right now/ Dug under it to place an annoying noise generator without your permission, how would you feel. Especially if it said “a parting gift.” Given how much you’ve been arguing, you’d probably immediately post it in you player report and jump up and down.

Not only am I in no position yo do so, even if I was, I wouldnt have a problem one bit. Its harmless. Nothing is lost from that. In fact, it was probably reassuring because I was promising to leave by saying I was parting ways with him. I invite any player on the server to pull and prank, goof, or laugh at me, because it doesnt affect me negatively. If it truly hurts a persons feelings I would apologize. I remember HiPixels even said in chat that tge sign was funny.

Jesus, fuck me! Didn’t see how this appeal would get out of hand :o

I will have the sign moved, but because in the end I saw how stupid and funny the sign was, I decided to keep it. I even asked anyone if they wanted to see the: Golden Bullshit.

Nothin else to say.

I never interpreted the copypasta as a threat, idk where people are getting that from.
EDIT: just saw the ban reason, definitely wouldn’t have been the reason I’d have used.

I saw it as a grief coupled with intention to bully (because it was placed right infront of a member’s house).

Bearing in mind that the sign grief was done AFTER he made the player report… thus constituting a ban in its own right. Nobody here could be silly enough to not know they weren’t on thin ice and still do it.

I mean, idk if either Pixels or SCP realise even now, but the staff (in particular the ones who constantly deal with your consistent issues) are sick of having to intervene when you two bicker, it’s not a healthy relationship and you guys never made the extra effort to reconcile your differences.

Something i felt was necessary to add.

I dont think I did the sign after the player report. Can someone double check the logblocks? I’m fairly sure HiPixels wasnt logged in when I made it, but he was whn I made the report.

Also:

I’m not angry at HiPixels.
I’m not angry at anyone.
I’m no longer bickering with Hipixels.
I’m no longer bickering with anyone.

I’m just worried. Its like being in county jail waiting for the jury to ring in. And I absolutely know what that’s like.

Edit: I have to restate; I never meant to bully, harass, or insult anyone with the sign or the redstone. I just was messing around and I made sure they were easlily removable so it didnt cause too big a scene. I only did what I wouldnt be angry if someone else did.

I can understand how you may think it’s okay because you’re okay with it, but sometimes, over-doing it can piss people off. Instead of doing that kinda stuff maybe ask the person you’re gonna prank if they’re okay with it. (Just to tell you I won’t :P). Anyway, I’m not gonna try and start an argument cause my ban is lurkin’ around the corner.

Honestly, if it were up to me, I’d unban you for this, then ban you for all the other shit that’s gone down. Maybe even HiPixels too; you were both being ridiculously petty.