Role Play?

Hey guys!

this morning I thought of an idea to do role play! not quite sure how to do it but I think that if some staff members and the community join in I think we could make the idea work. Please put your ideas and what you think below!!!

I have never really been a fan of roleplay myself, and I think I can safely say that most, if not all of the staff aren’t too keen on it either. Roleplay is certainly not disallowed on the server, but it’s better if you keep it kinda low-key (like using external communication programs like Skype or TeamSpeak, or just using /msg). I’m sure there are other people on the server who would like to roleplay- I know Estevao, tuzao, and Leo put on plays in the Budapest Opera House occasionally, so you can probably talk to them about participating in that.

I don’t think a large-scale, server-wide event is likely to happen, but you’re free to roleplay more individually.

if there was a secondary server for role-playing Sure! but atm its a no, as the messages flood the chat and it is very annoying to try and speak , but ts is always the option

but its a [glow=red,2,300]no[/glow] frome me :confused:

I am a victim from roleplayers.

I’ve been banned on a server because I harassed two girls in chat because they roleplayed for 2 weeks nonstop and the staff didn’t give a care about stopping them.

They were from Ipswitch ENG, ive met 5 other people from Ipswitch, they were all lunatics, I hate Ipswitchers.

Server roleplay is bad.

Agreed.

Oh yeah, that too.

Ehhh I think trival roleplay clogging the chat No :frowning:
Maybe Once and a While play or show like the Budapest Opera Yes!

Tbh, I’m not a big role play gal. But sometimes it’s fun. I agree with whbilbo. It’s a no from me.

I’d personally like to keep it not in chat as it gets REALLY confusing. I don’t roleplay, but we shouldn’t disallow it on the server.

What about a TeamSpeak channel?

There’s already more than enough TS channels that can be used, there’s no need to add another channel. Especially when most of these channels aren’t used anyways.

As for roleplay itself, I don’t really care for it, but it usually floods chat.

thanks for the responses everyone!

@Sacreddeathflame Then they could just use an existing channel.

Some servers have different chats, we could have /ch p (public) and /ch rp (role-play)?

Just a suggestion

That was brought up a while ago and it was decided against due to moderation concerns.

Plus, there’s always /msg or Skype and TeamSpeak chat. Yes, it’s external and you would have to switch between, but it is a solution.

Basically, a server-wide roleplay is not going to happen, but you can still roleplay individually as long as it isn’t annoying anyone.

I’m gonna go ahead and lock this cause the main question has been answered. If the thread needs to be unlocked, let me know.