Realm of the Empire writing/idea contest

Note: I haven’t written everything, I’ll keep expanding it as time goes by :wink:

Hey y’all,
I’ve recently decided to once again work on my comic/animated series project, Realm of the Empire.

I’m basically gonna post the general details of the world below, and would greatly appreciate feedback and ideas! Anything from stories to concept art to people telling me why my idea is stupid is encouraged! I respect brutal honesty, please, tear it apart!

I’m also looking to eventually release a book with a slew of short stories taking place in the universe, and would loveeeee to have people contribute stories for that.

Oh right, and the title desperately needs work. Right now it’s rather… cliche.

The Time Period
Realm of the Empire is timeless. Everyday technology and advertisements resemble the designs of the 50’s in America. Military tech is reminiscent to that of World War 1 combined with steampunk power. The architecture and vehicles are a crossbreed between the 30’s and a futuristic society.

The Nations

• The Imperial Commonwealth - The center of the world is the Imperial Commonwealth, a massive nation which has hundreds of millions of citizens and the largest army on the planet. However, their technology is outdated (Similar to Russia vs the rest of Europe during WW1)
    The states of Empire controls vary widely in culture and style, due to the Empire’s history as a colonial power (Imagine a world where colonies gained rights and liberties but never split from the mother nations, that’s ROTE)

• The Wellington Republic - Close ally to The Imperial Commonwealth that later betrays it seemingly without cause, creating a global war that has no end in sight. The nation closely resembles France/Britain in architectural terms, while in terms of fashion and military styles looks closer to France and Germany.

• Garstäng (confederacy) - Large union of small rural merchant republics. A nation truly run by its people, with a managing council opposed to a national leader. Like the Holy Roman Empire with less war.

• Kerr Confederacy - secretive nation nestled in a large valley between two mountain ranges. In terms of technology levels, you could call it “cold Mongolia”. Little life or infrastructure is found between settlements. Strange rumors of what goes on in the windswept plains are told by the nomads there.

The general concept
This isn’t Earth. A massive war has broken out between the Imperial Commonwealth and Wellington Republic. The world lore is expansive, and the stories don’t necessarily need to be about the war. Anything. Politics, personal strife, heists, empowerment. Anything. My goal is to create a living, breathing universe where good and evil are as grey as they are in the real world.

Why is the thread name "Realm of the Empire writing/idea contest"
Great question! I’m currently making 3D models of some of the characters, buildings, vehicles, and weapons from the series. I’m going to be 3D printing these when they’re ready.
Anyone who contributes to the series (In terms of writing, art, etc) and ends up working on it will be sent a couple of these 3D models if they want them.

The models are mainly meant to be scale references for when I (and others) are working on comic pages or key frames, to make sure things are consistent. They won’t be the most detailed things out there, but I’m hoping they’re good enough to be a cool display piece for anyone who contributes.

Some pages from the old comic: (the image sharing for the forum is shit so pls pardon the fact they’re mostly cut-off)
Imgur
Imgur

1 Like