R U OK?

[size=24pt]Are you ok?

[size=16pt]Yesterday was Australia’s R U OK? day, and I believe it’s a very wonderful initiative.

R U OK is a day where you should strive to ask your family, friends, and even complete strangers, if they’re feeling ok.

The day aims to help tackle hidden problems in people, such as depression, suicide and other mental health problems, because even a simple question such as “Are you ok?”, can identify and prevent these problems in people. R U OK day was also created as a way to remind us that mental health can be hidden in people and a lot of them will not show obvious signs that they have a problem.

If you don’t feel ok, feel free to message myself or talk to anyone else you feel comfortable with, because talking about these issues can be the first step to getting rid of them, and helps you to get on the right track.

If your issues are severe or you’re worried, please get medical help as soon as you can, it’s never too late.

[size=16pt]Suicide Prevention Services:
[size=14pt] U.S./Canada - 1-800-273-8255 (National Suicide Prevention Service)
Australia - 13 11 14 (Lifeline), 1800 55 1800 (kid’s help line), 1300 78 99 78 (men’s line)
Other countries

1 Like

Mental health is a very serious issue that often gets neglected.
Nobody should tell you the way you feel is invalid or stupid.
Nobody should tell you you’ll just get over it.
I have personal experience with this kind of stuff, so I’ll also extend myself to anyone feeling bad. I’m always willing to talk – I may not be on the server often but I’m always accessible through forums and Discord.

Thanks, Wairoa, for bringing this to everyone’s attention.

I agree with this. I can recall this happening around 1 year ago where someone was feeling suicidal, and we helped him solve his problem. It was scary, but a great feeling at the end.

Thx Wai

Thank you, Wairoa, for posting this. There are many people who are depressed, quiet, and might never express how they feel before it’s too late for people to ask them. But, this day can stop that and bring optimism into peoples’ minds. Like many special days of the year, this one should definitely be considered in everyday life.