Proposal: Castle Wars.

I’m prefacing this with the fact that I understand this is primarily a city minecraft server, but I’ve seen players express approval of a social minigames event or series of events, and I’m dropping my two cents in.

I’d like to begin an event I’d like to call Castle Wars, after the source material, which is a kind of glorified capture the banner event. The issue is twofold. One one hand, if I start this project in Creative mode, it will be very easy to complete, but I would need some sort of Staff assistance to have players be in survival mode. If I start this in survival mode it will be extremely difficult to set the map up and some items I’d like to put in would be inaccessable.

I know I haven’t recently behaved in a manner that would lead to any kind of belief in my ability to take care of this, but I’d really like to do this project.

Another thing that would be a method of doing this would be w/eing the arena from Creative to Survival, but the items would still be an issue.

Is this a dumb Idea? Or would someone be interested in playing, supporting, or helping?

I’d like to use potions and tipped arrows which are really hard to make in survival, and it will be a lot of effort to create the map in survival.

We simply do not have enough players to sustain it. This is more of a building server, not minigames. We did not have good experiences implanting those to the server. The Football plugin, even though making success on the beginning, ended up dying. And, of course, we try to keep it as most vanilla as possible, so no.

I didnt much think plugins would be taken into account, just vanilla stuff. I suppose I could just build it in creative cause I like the map and see what happens later :confused:

As Este said, this is a pretty small server, football plugin was a nice plugin for first two weeks, or another example is the spleef we have on the survival map, throughout my stay on this server (more than 1 year and half) I played spleef only once. I hope that gives you an idea of how unused minigames are on pcb.

This seems like it’d be a little complex to run without plugins but I’m generally a fan of this sort of thing. Don’t see a reason to just shut down the idea just because of the server genre. Then again I was one of the more unorthodox members back when I ran a survival town. If it really doesn’t use any plugins though, then he’s not asking for much. The only bit that he even needs help with is to have an “arena” area worldedited into survival somewhere after it is built in creative.

I was also looking for some items for the game so that we wouldn’t have to make them in single player, dragon tears are hard to get. But thank you for your encouragement, I’ll start building it soon, even if it cant be moved to survival.

Could you explain how the minigame would work please? Your idea is more likely to be accepted if you give a more detailed summary. Include things such as rules and the items needed for it to work.